It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Memorial Day from another flag hating public official

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Here's a man in Michigan that has been placing small American Flags in front of his business for years.

Now all of a sudden last week, a city worker removes all the flags and tells the man the flags are a violation of some sign ordinance !!!!

A couple of days later, the Mayor apologized and said "OK" to the flags.

But all the flags were gone !!!

What a boondoggle.

'All-American City' confiscates elderly man's American flags

Ken Dabelstein is a proud American.

He owns Ken’s Country Produce – a bedding plant business in Westland, Michigan –which has the distinction of being an “All-American City.”

. . . . . . . .

And for the past 30 years he’s been honoring our veterans on Memorial Day weekend by lining the front of his store with 24 small American flags.

But on May 24 a city worker dropped by and told Ken the flags had to come down. He was told the city considered the American flag to be a violation of the town’s sign ordinance.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It is all about suppressing the national identity.

Little by little, bit by bit, they will take away your pride in your nation, then your state and then you!

When you have nothing left, you will be a slave worker.

Fight back now!

P

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Never thought I'd see the day.

There'll probably come a time when you can only have the flag displayed, hidden, in a basement, where no one can see it.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But it must be illuminated in that crawl space or it is disrespectful don't y'know.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Hell, some HOA or idiot fed will probably make it illegal soon enough so it won't matter.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I have a great solution for all those HOA restrictions on the flag. But I can't post it here for fear it would get written into the next amendments of those HOA restrictions.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I have my own conspiracy theories about HOA's.

They're probably sleeper cells from the old Soviet Union.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Sign ordinances don't pertain to the American flag. It is probably against federal law to have a sign ordinance claim to be authoritative over the American flag. The guy should sue that city. City employees with power to write code violations are usually very stupid people.
HOA's are barred by federal law from banning it. If that is true, then how can any local sign ordinance ban the flag? IT can't.
edit on 29-5-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Now the FUP news story should read
Ex-city worker apologizes to community for his obvious anti-US sentiments and overstepping his puny job qualifications
Peace.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I was following that story the past few days. The "city official" that took the flags did not show ID when asked, and took off in a pickup (throwing the flags she took into the truck bed. The original flags have not been recovered, and the identity of the woman has not been determined. I have a feeling that she was the one who originally filed the complaint. And, when the officials did not remove them after their first visit, she took it upon herself to take them (and refused to identify herself either).

Otherwise, in a small department such as that, her identity WOULD be known to everyone there.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Whoa, yeah that sure does shine a light on this! I felt something strange going on here.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I thought I would never live long enough to see the day that flying an American flag on your property would be iligal.

This should tell Americans where we are headed for.

My "opinion" is the people who passed this ordinance are anti-Americans.

It's a slap in the face of all who died protecting our freedoms.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Awwww I just looked up Ken's Business FB page.....he's a cute old guy who rides a scooter. His business is Beautiful, I'm impressed ! It looks like the Mayor and Ken met up for the parade they both participated in and that the local veterans brought him new flags. There was also a pic of him by a memorial for his daughter that seemed recent......what a bummer he was hassled by someone with such poor judgement and lack of Community Spirit...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'm telling you when I have to hit people it is for their own good, in my yard after the dogs mauled this asshole I would have then probably beat the hell out of him too, then he can send that message on back to his bosses, the flag is still there. What a dick!!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

I thought I would never live long enough to see the day that flying an American flag on your property would be iligal.

This should tell Americans where we are headed for.

My "opinion" is the people who passed this ordinance are anti-Americans.

It's a slap in the face of all who died protecting our freedoms.

Those commies are persistent, the globalist agenda in action. Take down your flags and send in the raping hordes from the middle east to pop out submissive slaves from your daughters wombs.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I was following that story the past few days. The "city official" that took the flags did not show ID when asked, and took off in a pickup (throwing the flags she took into the truck bed. The original flags have not been recovered, and the identity of the woman has not been determined. I have a feeling that she was the one who originally filed the complaint. And, when the officials did not remove them after their first visit, she took it upon herself to take them (and refused to identify herself either).

Otherwise, in a small department such as that, her identity WOULD be known to everyone there.

Yeah, this makes more sense...It's hard to believe a City Official would do something this stupid right before a Memorial Day Parade especially.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Obviously, something weird happened in that city. In every other city flags are all over tha place now and will be through the 4th of july.

Mabe he put then where things aren't supposed to be planted...the picture looked like the side of a roadway. This story doesn't seem to tell the entire tale.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I'm telling you when I have to hit people it is for their own good, in my yard after the dogs mauled this asshole I would have then probably beat the hell out of him too, then he can send that message on back to his bosses, the flag is still there. What a dick!!

Well, THAT sounds normal.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

nothing about me is normal

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
< here's the proud dad of a NJROTC cadet who spent 2 hours yesterday putting flags up all over town. This silly event is 0.00001% of the nation, lets not over-react
edit on 29-5-2016 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join