It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about The Rosy Cross

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hello

i have some questions regarding the founder of the Rosicrucian's

Johannes Valentinus Andreae seems too fit the bill of founder
but was he a student of Tobias Hess ?

Who is the true founder of the Rosicrucian's ?

Is Christian Rosenkreuz still alive ?

any members with any insight would be appreciated

any members who would like share their questions about the Rosicrucian's
or experiences feel free

edit on 29-5-2016 by kibric because: edit

edit on 29-5-2016 by kibric because: edit

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I always thought it was the Compte de Saint-Germain.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

No.... maybe
surely not...
same man ?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I heard it was a man who's last name started with 'W'. I forget the name but he was German.
I've read dufferent names though.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
I heard it was a man who's last name started with 'W'. I forget the name but he was German.
I've read dufferent names though.

I think Adam Weishaupt had involvement with them, and other past affiliations. Secret societies were illegal way back then so there's fuzziness about its beginnings.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

All Tobias Hess is going to give you is a hint of the "Tübingen Circle."

The true founder? Some say Thutmose III organized the first esoteric brotherhood of initiates known as The Great White Brotherhood. Meanwhile others point a finger to Ancient Rome. Considering roses were hung over the dining tables to denote a secret meeting of the Collegium (The educated elite.) A trend later kept in the 16th century, the symbol of Henry VIII of England was the stylised Tudor dynasty rose. A large image of the rose covered the ceiling of the private chamber where decisions of state were made in secret.

Christian Rosenkreuz = Hiram (Hint: It's an archetypical method of thinking) Represents your higher consciousness.

Bonus: Prisca theologia (Rosicrucian theology)

a reply to: snowspirit
You should read some of Johann Heinrich Faber’s work. Also you might enjoy “The Cloud Upon the Sanctuary” written by Eckhartshausen who was briefly a member of the Bavarian Illuminati!

Check out the Oculist and their Copiale cipher via it’s translation. www.wired.com...

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Solomonopoly

Christian Rosenkreuz /whoever he/she calls him/herself now
was a man...../woman
He/she has a place/tomb staffordshire
if you believe the story
The Rosicrucians disturbed his body while he/she was in jeeva samadhi

Roses come from alchemy
" Considering roses were hung over the dining tables to denote a secret meeting of the Collegium (The educated elite.) "
it somehow became associated with meetings

the start of the Rosicrucians comes from
One alchemist
but who ?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

These texts are historical documents relating to the 'Brotherhood of the Rosy Cross', a renaissance German secret society. This group had a huge impact on more recent organizations such as the Golden Dawn, and is often cited by conspiracy theorists for completely different reasons.

Note: The connection of the original Rosicrucians with the well-known contemporary fraternal organization, the Rosicrucian Society [AMORC] is vague at best. The AMORC, founded in 1915, runs the Egyptian Museum in San Jose, CA, and a mail-order study series.

www.sacred-texts.com...

I have some of their books,

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Thanks for the link

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Christian Rosenkreuz = Hiram (Hint: It's an archetypical method of thinking) Represents your higher consciousness.
Think about the "great" search for Christian Rosenkreuz? Everyone is trying to find him (Masculine name). It's a journey to unlock the higher self. Inner alchemy.

The symbology of the rose comes from ancient Egypt (Al Kemet = Alchemy) via Harpocrates. The symbology shows Harpocrates giving the sign of silence with the rose.

The Rosicrucian College is in effect an Invisible College that gave way to the Royal Society (Modern day science). Experiments in the medieval age required an invisible college to do so. Because of superstitious religious fanatics (idiots.) Who would mistake science for magick (Psychological projection of will. Quantum metaphysics) This is why your search for every little detail comes up somewhat fuzzy at best. In the ancient times the college was invisible only because commoners would profane what they didn't understand. In the medieval times if you was doing better than your neighbor (via science) you was in league with SATAN! So of course the Rosicrucian college is hidden. Even in the so called modern age we live in. It's invisible so people do not profane what they can't grasp. It's Hierophany 101 really. So go and achieve Summum bonum already!

I gave you a fairly good origin point via Thutmose III. Anything before that we'd have to piece and speculate on ancient Sumerian being Punt (Land of the Alien Gods.)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

" Think about the "great" search for Christian Rosenkreuz? Everyone is trying to find him (Masculine name). It's a journey to unlock the higher self. Inner alchemy. "

yes but " outer "alchemy is how he achieved the elixir. without doubt.
who ever he was they did reach jeeva samadhi
and there is a cave/place he or whoever built

" The symbology of the rose comes from ancient Egypt (Al Kemet = Alchemy) via Harpocrates. The symbology shows Harpocrates giving the sign of silence with the rose. "

even Horus was taught

Egyptian Royalty were given the run around
and rightly so , very few got the plant stone

" I gave you a fairly good origin point via Thutmose III. Anything before that we'd have to piece and speculate on ancient Sumerian being Punt (Land of the Alien Gods.) "

Thank you

edit on 31-5-2016 by kibric because: edit

edit on 31-5-2016 by kibric because: edit

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
This is a topic that interests me very much so.

I feel as if Rosicrucianism (as in the true and ancient order) is very much just as hidden and influential as it always has been and that the number of members of said group is not a very large number, yet is large in precedence and influence within today's society.

I'm just going to post a few quotes of information from another page. I find them to be interesting. You may, as well.

Info found on www.corespirit.com...

There are, however, also alternative histories of the order. According to the 18th Century secret society called the "Golden and Rosy Cross", the Rosicrucian Order was created in the year AD 46 when an Alexandrian Gnostic sage named Ormus and his six followers were converted by one of Jesus' disciples, Mark. From this conversion, Rosicrucianism was supposedly born, by purifying Egyptian mysteries with the new higher teachings of early Christianity, and they adopted the symbol of a red cross surmounted by a rose.

So here we see an almost direct link between Jesus and the beginnings of Rosicrucianism by way of the disciple Mark.

A 19th Century version had Rosenkreuz as the last surviving member of a Thuringian family, who was brought up and educated among Albigensian monks in Languedoc, France, where he met the four brothers who were later to be associated with him in the founding of the Rosicrucian Brotherhood.

And here we see the link being made between Rosenkruez and the Langeudoc region of France. When thinking of this region, there is another secret society that comes to mind. The Priory of Sion.

I believe these two secret societies (the Rosicrucians and the Priory of Sion) to have many links with one another.

Also, this is just my opinion as well, but the story "Beauty and the Beast" resonates heavily with Rosicrucian symbolism.

edit on 5-6-2016 by Privy_Princess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Privy_Princess

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

My pleasure.

Also, the Knights Templar cross can also be called a "rosy (red) cross"

www.google.com... fAOkQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=559#imgrc=AkH4mmHljA4WMM%3A

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

edit on 5-6-2016 by kibric because: irrelevant

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
But...it may be important to not confuse a rosy (red) cross with the rose cross of Rosicrucianism.

In fact, some believe that the true origin of the term Rosicrucian does not refer to a rose. It instead refers to the Latin ros, which translates to dew.

Take these quotes into consideration:

The second derivation proposed is from the Latin words Ros, dew, and Crux, cross. This has been countenanced by Mosheim, who is followed by Ree's Encyclopædia; and other publications. The argument in its favour may be fairly represented by the following quotation:--"Of all natural bodies, dew was deemed the most powerful dissolvent of gold; and the cross, in chemical language, was equivalent to light; because the figure of a cross exhibits at the same time the three letters of which the word lux, or light, is compounded. Now, lux is called . . . the seed or menstruum of the red dragon, or, in other words, that gross and corporeal light, which, when properly p. 6 digested and modified, produces gold. Hence it follows, if this etymology be admitted, that a Rosycrucian philosopher is one who by the intervention and assistance of the dew, seeks for light, or, in other words, the substance called the Philosopher's Stone." 1

And also this:

The Hermetic Philosophy

I attract all those seeking God and the truth; those alone will find the art. I am the Magnet-Stone of divine love; attracting the Iron-hard men on the road to the truth. I am the moisture which preserves everything in nature and makes it live, I pass from the upper to the lower planes; I am the heavenly dew and the fat of the land; I am the fiery water and the watery fire; nothing may live without me in time; I am close to all things yea; in and through all things, nevertheless unknown. Nevertheless I only am in the grasp of the Philosophers. I unfold and fold up again, Bringing contentment to the artists, Without me thou canst do nothing Furthering any of your affairs. Therefore fear God, pray and work in patience, if you find me your want would cease and you have a merciful God who befriendeth thee and giveth thee whatever thy heart may desire. This moisture must be caught lest it should change into vapour or fume. The two vapours are the roots of the art. The Prima Materia derives its existence from the Fiat, the Word of creation. And this Word comes from the Father who is the creator of all things, and the Spirit radiates from both: This is God's life giving air. Then, too, air brings to Iife everything within the elements. The fire warms all things, the water refreshes, delights and saturates all things: And the nitrous earth, Mother-like, nourishes and sustains all things; the air was born out of fire, and in turn makes the fire burn, that it may live, but air in the form of water is food for the fire, and the fire burns into this element: Water and dew of the ground, the greasy fat dew of the ground, the earth as keeper of nitrous salt nourishes it. For the womb of the earth is the sulphuric nitrous salt of nature, the one good thing God has created in this visible world. The same Salt-Mother of the elements is the nitrous, aluminous and spiritual gumosic water, Salt earth or crystal, which has Nature in its womb, a Son of the Sun, and a Daughter of the Moon. It is a Hermaphrodite, born out of the wind, a phoenix living in fire, a pelican, reviving his dear young ones with its blood; the young Icarus, drowned in the water, whose nurse is the earth, whose Mother is the wind, whose Father is the fire, the water her caretaker and drink, one stone and no stone, one water and no water, nevertheless a stone of living power and a water of living might; a sulphur, a mercury, a salt, hidden deep in nature, and which no fool has ever known nor seen.

So, it can be that the symbolism of the rose was accepted into Rosicrucianism, even though it was not meant to symbolize a rose at all. Maybe more like the dew from a rose.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

great post

thanks

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Thanks for these posts, they're pretty informative.
Aside from the aforementioned texts, do you have any other works that you'd recommend that are of a relatively similar nature?

top topics

join