It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trauma of Slavery encoded in genes of black Americans?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Here's the cold hard truth for anyone thinking certain groups are genetically coded for being slaves... it is in ALL our genes simply because there is no group anywhere which was not, at some point in history, preyed upon by conquerers and overseers. Our combined histories are full of instances where subjugation was the norm regardless of skin colour. Pick any group and read.

By the way, when I saw the still video image of the flogged and scarred back in the opening post, I was horrified by it and thought of English sailors, press gangs and ship's justice. So, yes, white people were also whipped within an inch of their lives and that kind of thing has been going on everywhere for millennia.

...and will continue to go on regardless of protests by so called SJW 'snowflakes'.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Troof.

even more, i think humanity is predisposed to servitude and living under authoritarianism. we actually volunteer for it (military service) and support it on national levels (any people could overthrow their tyranical government just through sheer force of numbers...yet north korea still exists).

talking with contractors coming back from the middle east, the effects of their governments/culture can be seen in their problem solving skills (or lack thereof). true or not, i have no idea. but i hear a lot about how people from authoritarian regimes tend to wait to be told what to do, rather than finding a better way to do it.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: PaladinRoden

You seriously don't believe this do you?

This 'writer' has taken a study about poverty from last year, substituted the word poverty for slavery then added a heaping pile of white guilt producing phrases.

blogs.scientificamerican.com...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: TheBandit795
I think it's genetic and I think it's indicative of inferior intellect. Jews have on average superior intellect and show the reverse of this, disproportionately rising above.

Wow.. Just wow.

I am black, the majority of my family is black. You have just insulted us all, and you have also just violated article 16 of the Terms and Conditions of this site.

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

I'm done with you.
edit on 30-5-2016 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

Although I don't agree with his position and find it offensive (and I'm white), I was hoping for more of a discussion and less of an emotional reaction.

Is it possible you guys could have a conversation about it?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

No, I don't think an insult like that is grounds for intelligent discussion.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I'm honestly interested in seeing an intelligent response to that that shuts it down with objectivity.

But since feelings were hurt I'll leave it alone. Don't want any feelings to get hurt.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Does a blatant violation of the Terms and Conditions of this site warrant any further conversation? No.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Please note the snowflake in my avatar. I stand with SJW's and defend the right to be offended by offensive posts.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I guess we have very different philosophies then because in my opinion being offended is something you should take ownership of.

edit on 5/30/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join