It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trauma of Slavery encoded in genes of black Americans?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

The native Americans in many cases were equally as brutal to one another and the pioneers.

My family is Irish and came here in 1890. Blaming me for what happened to them is asinine and people need to be educated.
edit on 5/30/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Why are Asians thriving though? A lot of Chinese people were slaves in America.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Its ok. I know ignorance when i see it.
edit on 5/30/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Let's not pretend that this thread was about something other than the obvious and start throwing around words like ignorance.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Ignorance is ignoring facts. Why would it not be proper to point out someone ignoring facts? Or point to the use of an appeal to stone?

ETA: tell you what...rather than worry about the motives of the OP, lets instead focus on the facts. People who are curious like facts, and would rather the folks who are emotional leave us to our facts (rather than dragging the thread into just another race bicker)
edit on 5/30/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

If anyone ever needs any proof of the negative effects of genocidal policies, they need not look any further than Canada's shameful history with its First Nations people.

Try Googling the Truth and Reconcilliation Commission.
edit on 30/5/16 by masqua because: spelling

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The only solution is to inter-breed among the racial phenotypes to dilute the offensive genetic traits.

Problem solved.

No need to thank me.

Money will suffice.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That might take a few centuries, considering the pushback from those on all sides who cherish racial purity.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PaladinRoden

Maybe that why Celtic people make such good alcoholic beverages.

Seriously though. If this can be said of blacks then its got to be in spades for Celtic races. They have been absolutely F**KED with for over 2000 years and have been the prime targets of oppression from the Romans and beyond.

edit on 30-5-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

That might take a few centuries, considering the pushback from those on all sides who cherish racial purity.

There will always be those that can't see past the layer of skin.

Pity, when the solution is so obvious.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

Transgenerational epigenetics is something I find very curious, but again, if we all have had various stressors and traumatic events throughout our genetic history, why is it that African Americans are the ones to most complain and get left in self-defeating thought processes?

I'm not seeing this same pattern in people who were traumatically abused for generations that weren't of African descent. Epigenetics is like firmware, to underlying hardware. You can fiddle with the bios, upgrade the firmware, but you're still limited in potential by the underlying hardware.... genetics.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

I need reparations from the UK because my family is from Ireland.

I'll also need reparations from the US because of the Irish slave trade that began back during the colonial period beginning in the mid 1600' as well as from the Mongols from when Ghengis Khan marched across the continent.

The list goes on...

I'm starting the Irish reparations movement now, well trace back to 12,800 years ago

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

everybody does this. even american tribes, all tribes draw from this. I mean would could pull the Bullworthy mas mix race breeding program to make one race on the earth if it will make some feel better.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: masqua

I need reparations from the UK because my family is from Ireland.

I'll also need reparations from the US because of the Irish slave trade that began back during the colonial period beginning in the mid 1600' as well as from the Mongols from when Ghengis Khan marched across the continent.

The list goes on...

I'm starting the Irish reparations movement now, well trace back to 12,800 years ago

see...it is ignorance that brings us to that discussion.

reparations has nothing to do with fact and truth. all reparations are is political bullsnip that crops up from the peanut gallery every time intellectuals gather to discuss these types of things.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: TheBandit795

Transgenerational epigenetics is something I find very curious, but again, if we all have had various stressors and traumatic events throughout our genetic history, why is it that SOME African Americans are the ones to most complain and get left in self-defeating thought processes?

Fixed it for you. There are enough African Americans who know that portraying the victim mentality does not do anything for them other than make their lives miserable. They know that only they are responsible for their lives. Even though the genetic trauma does exist, it doesn't only exist for us who are the descendants of slaves, but for lots of other people in the world. Any traumatic, heavily emotional experience and ancestor has had is genetically inherited by the descendants.

But there are ways to heal this, meditation and energy psychology therapies for example could perhaps have epigenetic healing effects on that inherited trauma.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So the question really is...

What was the goal and intent of the thread?

If not to discuss genetics... then why not being others?

(post by pl3bscheese removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I don't understand what you are asking. but can say that the notion of reparations is morose, and likely has no purpose than to inflame.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
These people only want to believe in genetics when it supports their argument.

Fact is, culture has never been divorced from genetics. Everything in our environment that has an effect on us will be mirrored in our culture and by extension our genes.

People have accepted the idea of evolution without really accepting it, they'll selectively believe in it. This will enforce their victim narrative so this gets the go ahead. But try talking about any type of inherent racial characteristics in gene pools that have been uniquely tempered by specific environments and these people will go ballistic.

They're not consequential in their thinking because they're inherently biased in their outlook.

time.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join