It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trauma of Slavery encoded in genes of black Americans?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I was referring to after building the pyramids.

After building what pyramids??

The big ones in the desert, about 5000 ya?

or do you think aliens built them?

Anyway, bogus OP.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Just think...

If there were no white people there'd be no problems.

Just look at countries without people. Little utopian paradise.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Anyway, bogus OP.

Err there was no such thing Jews nor even proto Hebrews when the pyramids were built, if we are referring to those built in Kemet aka Egypt , it was a local endeavor that used conscripted off season farm laborers, slaves were not used on religious constructions.
The O.P raises questions that are legit not necessarily right or wrong as to why and how things came to be.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Spider879

Just think...

If there were no white people there'd be no problems.

Just look at countries without people. Little utopian paradise.

White people as a political construct ?? or white people as a descriptive term for very lite skinned folks??
In either case no the world would still have major problems, remember race as we come to know it is very recent the concept of a "Black race" is even more so among Africans, you were either family clan, tribe or nation or you were not , the same was largely true for white and brownish yellowish folks until late in the day.
You asked to look at nations without white people, implying that without white people they would be hell holes, thing is some did just fine without white folks matter of fact there were periods of growth and development without meaningful contacts with "white people", when the militarily strong but resource poor Portuguese arrived off the Swahili coast they destroyed an aged old trade network that knitted East Africa to China and beyond.

Much the same happen on the other side of the continent , was it a paradise no! not at all but they held their own.
edit on 29-5-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: PaladinRoden

Epigenetics is being misused here. It is a change of DNA do to environmental effects. There was a study done on trama however the results were undetermined. If a link does exist it would be below statistical rate. When we know depression or susceptibility to it is indeed genetic. Statistics say this will be passed on. TO prove this theory you have to prove it was somehow a higher rate which just isn't the case. And epigenetics says that a change is made to DNA for example expose a life form to radiation it adapts and passes along new genetic markers. Depression is nor in any way an adaption do to environmental factors. On fact it's the other way around the people not susceptible to it would be more to the truth.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Perhaps the Title of this Thread should have been 'The White Shaming Thread' to appease everyone else.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Anyway, bogus OP.

Err there was no such thing Jews nor even proto Hebrews when the pyramids were built, if we are referring to those built in Kemet aka Egypt , it was a local endeavor that used conscripted off season farm laborers, slaves were not used on religious constructions.
The O.P raises questions that are legit not necessarily right or wrong as to why and how things came to be.

What you are saying is that genes can be altered through behavioral modifCation?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Perhaps the Title of this Thread should have been 'The White Shaming Thread' to appease everyone else.

I don't think the O.P agrees with the premise of the vid the whole point was to point out it's flaws of with Dragonridr put it in more elegant terms, I also disagree with the premise of the vid that some fundamental changes took place in AA's population through genes passed on, my point is the stress factors that kills many AAs stems from hostile environment some have found themselves in, as to how they came to be in that situation there are clear records on that.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Anyway, bogus OP.

What you are saying is that genes can be altered through behavioral modifCation?

No but behavioral modification ie change of environment can off set negative implications, suppose you are at risk for lung cancer and your family have a history of it on both sides, it would help if you never start smoking given your high risks.
The only thing that could remove you from that risk is maybe some sorta gene therapy.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I agree 100% like yours I see the same things in my community which is about 50/50. This isn't a black vs white thing it's rich vs poor. It's the elitist agenda that is keeping us divided. They want less for everyone else and more for themselves. They use the poor to scare the middle class and keep them obedient. The media just perpetuates it all.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The idiocy is way too strong In these ones! The whole video is pure bull crap simplified. It's always the bloody race card for their own faults fails; then again why work hard when the race card will always trump everything.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Sorry, I'm gonna be a racist jerk for a second. Yep, it's gonna happen. So I used to empathize with the plight of African Americans who made claims such that their neighborhoods were jacked up, they were put down by the man... yea that's true, kinda, but it's self-defeating, and I realized just how off my perspective was once someone put it to me like this:

The Jews are perhaps the most discriminated and abused group in modern history, and yet time and time again we see they rise above and come back into positions of power. They don't ask for our pity, they don't complain, they intelligently integrate into whatever terrain surrounds them, and keep to their cultural traditions that apparently serve them well.

That's not word for word, but pretty close to what he said. After that, I had a very different perspective, and ... I kinda got mildly racist, because ... well it's true. Why is it that so many Jewish Americans are doing so well, and so many African Americans are doing so poorly? I can boil it down to two things, and that would be culture, and genetics. It appears the best African Americans can do is change their culture, change their mindset, and see how far their genetic potential can really take them.

Now I walk away from this thread, because I'm sure someone will be offended and flip out, and it wasn't intended, I just wanted to speak my bit.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

I agree 100% like yours I see the same things in my community which is about 50/50. This isn't a black vs white thing it's rich vs poor. It's the elitist agenda that is keeping us divided. They want less for everyone else and more for themselves. They use the poor to scare the middle class and keep them obedient. The media just perpetuates it all.

But until very recently you could not get the brokiest/dustiest white person to see their plight as the same as poor blacks, because they saw themselves as potentially living like their 1% counterparts , this divide was set along time ago as far as American history goes.

One of the forgotten landmarks of civil rights history occurred 350 years ago Sunday: Sept. 1, 1663. This day marks the first recorded instance of African slaves and European indentured servants standing together for justice against the ruling elite. The Gloucester County Conspiracy took place at a time when Virginia tobacco growers relied on both slaves and indentured servants to farm tobacco. Management treated their workers with cruel abandon, regardless of color. Unwilling to accept their fate, a group of black and white workers met in secret to plan a revolt. After securing weapons and a drum, they would "march from house to house" until they reached the mansion of Royal Governor Sir William Berkeley. They would demand their freedom, and resort to force if necessary. Though the plot failed, the landowners recognized the power that the Gloucester rebels possessed when banded together. Over the next several decades, they sought to breed racial contempt between the white and black members of the underclass. On the plantation level, they gave whites nominal control in the field. On the colony level, they allowed whites to join the militia and carry firearms. As historian Edmund Morgan writes, the landowners used racism as a device for control.
www.usatoday.com...

Sometimes the most hostile whites against Blacks are those left behind as they are ignored more than Blacks who agitate for their rights or economic freedom , they consistently vote against their own self interest as long as the man behind the mirror remind them they are white regardless of their status .
edit on 30-5-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I've lived too long.

It is incredible how people will pile on the bull***t to try to substantiate a completely ridiculous assertion such as this one.

Nature doesn't work that way. Some people must have missed science class.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Well, in my opinion it's more culture than individual although the individual has to take responsibility for their culture.

In that way its paradoxical, similar to many things in the universe. I look at the culture as the operating system and the humans are the programs(software). If the culture is like windows than the software has back doors, prone to virus, the software is bloated and slow, uses to much memory; but if the culture is like linux the programs are slim, fast, autonomous and secure.

See where I'm going with this?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Im curious: what if what is in that video were actually proven to be fact?

To embrace this as fact today would make no more sense than to deny it as fact today.

I understand the hard feelings people have on this subject. But those feelings have no place in science. Science is absolute.

Epigentics is a well known mechanism. It would seem entirely plausible that slavery would effect the enslaved genetically. I don't give a rats ass about the politics, im interested in the science and the facts.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Boy, ATS has taken a real dive.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
Boy, ATS has taken a real dive.

If you disagree with the notion that slavery can leave genetic imprints on a group of people that last generations, then please provide something other than your uninformed opinion as to why.

ATS's motto is "Deny Ignorance". If you believe this to be ignorant, then put up. You know the drill. Cognitive dissonance isn't evidence.

Just sayin'

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I know gullible when I see it.

Nothing more need be said.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

You''re correct, not all whites are equal. I feared that my post would be misinterpreted because sometimes I have difficulty expressing the complete picture.

While its true all whites are not "equal", i.e., obviously the 1% are more equal and more culpable than the rest of us. But as I began to see this problem from the viewpoint of the Native American Indians, I realized that from their perspective all of the "white" invaders have a history of blood letting that has cursed the very soil upon which their descendants walk against their descendants. In their eyes, we're all the same, regardless of whether we're direct descendants of the early pioneers or the secondary beneficiaries of late 19th century immigrants from say, Sweden or Norway.

Yea, its a creepy mental image, I know.
edit on 30-5-2016 by TonyS because: clarity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join