It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trauma of Slavery encoded in genes of black Americans?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I am starring and flagging this thread not because I agree with everything in your POV but because it bought up some important questions, is Slavery the cause stress related illness in AAs, the answer is not by itself but a continued stressful environment does, take anyone out of that environment and the stress levels drops, take diet for instance that leads to hypertension and diabetes among AAs ,although Soul food taste great it leads to health problems, and what is soul food?? simple, the food of slaves fatty,salty or sugary ,which everyone one knows will kill ya, many of the descendants of those slaves were herded into ghettos and largely abandoned the resulting crime and depression arose from that condition contributes immensely into an early death of many, today in some of these ghettos fresh vegetables and fruits are non existent something other communities take for granted this summed up quite nicely by Ron Finley.

Now where does White Supremacy fit in?? glad you asked, look no further than cities like Flint Michigan not only are those cities majority Black or minority they are also poor, yes poor whites are caught up in those communities but they can be considered throw away whites, you see it's not about some random white person calling you the N word as stressful as that might be when added to your real problems, it's the action or non action that results in hardships from stop & frisk and other forms of harassment on a daily basis, these then get internalized and results in drug and alcohol abuse and a give zero fks attitude by some.

Attempts at remedies through Affirmative Action, well it's not like such action were embraced and not constantly derided by whites at large and who turned out to benefit the most from Affirmative action??...white females.

Are there areas of less stress for Blacks in America?? yes quite a few actually but those are in-spite off the obstacles put forth, and schools like Urban Prep are making a difference in economically depressed communities through internal solutions, for instance they have a 100% college bound graduation rate every year for seven years, yes the stress levels due to all the above will show up, but it's nothing permanent if the environment changes.

edit on 29-5-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Hate to break it to you but I live in a majority poor white area (lots of blacks too actually but still more whites) and our water is bad, they just cut technology and industrial arts from the school systems and nobody really gets harassed by the police. In fact when my car got stolen they couldn't even respond they told me to come to the police station and fill out a form.

If you think it's a white vs black thing your wrong it's a rich vs poor thing.

As a matter of fact I am looked down upon for not being a rich white, rich white people dislike poor white people more than they dislike poor black people because they are used to poor black people and white people are expected to be successful.

Cry more is really the mentality I have towards this perspective.

edit on 5/29/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I'm not attacking you I'm just pointing out that often many people(posters) tend to have the "poor black people" mentality when I think they need to stop acting ghetto and taking pictures with guns and making fun of each other and bullying each other for being intelligent and doing good in school.

Maybe if the black community stops killing each other and unifies and demands funds for better schools and gets involved in local government like many white communities maybe they will get some justice.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Hate to break it to you but I live in a majority poor white area (lots of blacks too actually but still more whites) and our water is bad, they just cut technology and industrial arts from the school systems and nobody really gets harassed by the police. In fact when my car got stolen they couldn't even respond they told me to come to the police station and fill out a form.

If you think it's a white vs black thing your wrong it's a rich vs poor thing.

As a matter of fact I am looked down upon for not being a rich white, rich white people dislike poor white people more than they dislike poor black people because they are used to poor black people and white people are expected to be successful.

Cry more is really the mentality I have towards this perspective.

Yes I agree with you in some respects as I stated that those are throw away whites, but benign neglect started in poor black communities.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Do black communities organize and go to city council meetings and demand justice and get involved in government?

Whats the ratio of people in poor white communities actively involved in the education system and city council and black people involved in such?

Actually if you go back 100 years European immigrants and Jewish immigrants had the same problem but they organized, got involved, and stepped up.

Irish slaves were actually treat WORSE than black slaves according to history..

So what's the difference?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Divide and conquer seems to be working quite well. I wonder if the mentally challenged leftists have noticed that ever since Obama has been elected there has been a movie about evil whitie every month or so? I wonder if they ever noticed how every white cop that shoots a black is ran through the media for months but if it's a black cop shooting a white mum is the word. I wonder if the media will ever talk about black on black violence? I wonder if the media will ever report on black on white violence? The answer is always no because the media is the propaganda tool for the 1% and they are there to tell the idiots out there what to think.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
First off people would gave to accept this study as true. And it would have to be proven true again by demonstration in other genetic studies.

Never mind that though, for the sake of race baiting, we'll just accept or pretend this study as true and argue on the findings or what it presumably hypothesizes.... or it represents the views of actual people in the race group.

Jeez... i would be more surprised if this nonsense video WASN'T spinned that way.

do you even realize the average level of intelligence and critical thinking these days. It is basically nonexistent. I'm sure quite a few people will see this...take it as gospel...then tell their friends or use it in arguments...hell we may even see it used in a court room as a defense one day. So yes anything trying to use some BS skewed study or similar crap to divide the population more...is bad and needs to be addressed.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I live in an area that has closer to a 50/50 ratio of blacks and now hispanics and whites, still a little heavier on the white side but not by much 5-10% at MOST.

You go to a city council meeting or a school board meeting and guess what the ratios are there?

Almost 100% white.

When I go to a city council meeting and see a more even ratio I'll be more inclined to listening to this perspective but unless the black community steps up to the damn plate then guess what... nothing is going to change.

Hate to break it to you people (everyone not black people) but if you don't get involved and represent your community you will be left out period.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Do black communities organize and go to city council meetings and demand justice and get involved in government?

Whats the ratio of people in poor white communities actively involved in the education system and city council and black people involved in such?

Actually if you go back 100 years European immigrants and Jewish immigrants had the same problem but they organized, got involved, and stepped up.

Irish slaves we're actually treat WORSE than black slaves according to history..

So what's the difference?

Yes they do and are doing, sometimes at the expense of all else and those have results, hence we are not exactly living in the 50ts, but the thread was about how things got the way it did, the folks that came through Ellis Island despite their bumps and ups and downs they were able to become "white" after a generation or two something that was not apparent to a lot of nativist whites that did exploited and sought to reject them during that era, after acculturation and the dropping of the accent and even names they were pretty much left to carry on, Blacks on the other hand are very visible no matter how you dressed and talk you are the Black guy not just the guy, why else do you think if you ever thought about it many very lite skinned blacks passed themselves off as whites especially not so long ago , was it because they hated their darker family members?? no not so much, it was because they sought the opportunities that was available but for what their perceived ancestry to be , and for the most part were never outed by their darker relatives but sometimes applauded, today such action would fill many in AA communities with disgust, but back then if that's your way out more power to ya.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I don't see that. The black community was much more organized in the 50's and 60's. They were involved in their local communities, they organized the civil rights movement and made massive strides to end segregation and lift their communities and did an amazing job but something was lost from that generation to the next.

Now we don't have that. What we have now is a total perversion of that same culture. Black men not stepping up to the plate to father their children. Black community involvement in local and state politics is low because they don't want to be involved. They don't go to city council meetings, board of education meetings, they don't get involved in their kids educations especially the fathers who are mostly not involved and in many cases in and out of jail.

Obviously this isnt everyone, their are many great black families but they run away from the ghetto fast because they don't want their kid being sucked up into the ghetto mentality and the culture bringing them down.

Don't get me wrong. I believe theres been an attack on that community through rap music (which I love the good hip hop I here that lifts people up), pop culture, movies and other forms of entertainment. However thats part of the same kind of targeting thats going on in other communities in an effort to keep us divided so they can keep us conquered. They don't want a strong, non victimized black community organizing and getting involved in local and state government. They want a divided black community blaming white people for their problems so they can control you.

PS I'm tired from a long day so please forgive my double speak. I'm to lazy to fix it.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Agreed brother, agreed but you have to look at the causation of how that happened, there is a post around here of how Nixon and others like FOX news CEO Roger Ailes targeted Blacks and so called hippies through the drug laws aim at them, this pumped money into the PIC or Prison industrial complex, that have more ppl in prison with the exception of China?? not sure about that. and that included very large numbers of Black males, who are now reduced to limited citizenry because of their former imprisonment.

To ma peeps who say discussions like this only divides , I say no it is uncomfortable but done with intellectual honesty even with disagreements can move folks to a better understanding.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I agree with what your saying right now but I don't think white people as a general rule are the problem (anymoe), it's a globalist agenda.

We have to look past white vs black people and know that its more of a culture creation/ control issue and an attack on the black community to divide them and cause them to blame the white community when it's really a small minority within the white community that are the globalist control freaks causing a lot of these problems behind the scenes it's not the majority of us white people that are doing this.

If your community takes ownership on a local level and organizes, stops killing each other and gets involved in the city council and with the education board then we can really start getting into the nitty gritty and people like me won't have that to hold against you.

It'll be unifying.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Haven't the Jews worked through it?

Sure, they were a little confused for about the first 40yrs but they came out of it ok.

That study is a bunch of crap.

Oprah is full of it, she didn't make her billions off of black women only.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Sure, they were a little confused for about the first 40yrs but they came out of it ok.

Um... Try again.

Their latest results reveal that descendants of people who survived the Holocaust have different stress hormone profiles than their peers, perhaps predisposing them to anxiety disorders.

Link

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Have they worked through it?? or is it an on going process, the population of Jews is much smaller than that of AAs, and yes most are seen as successful but still there are pressures not to seem too Jewey, hence the pressure to change a last name. for what should it matter if this name remained Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz rather than the Anglo sounding Jon Stewart.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Is that white people being racist towards Jewish people now too?

www.bustle.com...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
You know, I have heard some Class "A" horse***t in my time, but this takes the cake.

I lose respect for these people on a daily basis. They are not helping themselves AT ALL.

There must be a think tank full of entitled dopes that sits around, pretending to think while they take long draws on their hookah's and splifs, always trying to dream up new BS to justify their lazy-ass existence. It seems stupidity has become epidemic.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Is that white people being racist towards Jewish people now too?

In a sense yes, as I mentioned before many of the relative new comers that came through Ellis Island were force or pressured to drop their names, and dropping a name can mean the difference between success or failure , again White is relative and changes with time. as it is a political construct.

If you don't want to watch the whole thing although I recommend it, then the more relevant part began about time 40:00

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

Um... Try again.

Their latest results reveal that descendants of people who survived the Holocaust have different stress hormone profiles than their peers, perhaps predisposing them to anxiety disorders.

Link

Ok, a double whammy then.

I was referring to after building the pyramids.

Oh, and being attacked since what, 67'?

lol.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I was referring to after building the pyramids.

After building what pyramids??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join