It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The use of All Caps - ALL MEMBERS READ PLEASE

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me what people find to nit-pick over. there's wars and starving people, but we have to get in a tizzy if someone used all caps for whatever reason they chose to use them. It is America, isn't it?
I do understand the Mod's request here. It's their site. But all this other moaning! Jeez!

[edit on 08/11/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
size=6]Maybe after the folks get used to not having caps on we could begin working on spelling?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by elecampane
size=6]Maybe after the folks get used to not having caps on we could begin working on spelling?

Now now, some of us are spelling challanged. Also given the global nature of the board, not every poster is a native English speaker as well.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Recently I’ve noticed an increase in the use of all capitalized typing in thread titles and posts. I understand that many feel it will bring more attention to their threads and posts but this is not allowed and is against ATS posting etiquette. The use of ALL-CAPS is reserved for the ATS administration to make its members aware of important board business and announcements. So please don’t use ALL-CAPS when posting to this discussion board. Thank you...

General Hints and Tips

4) Most of all, do not use ALL CAPS in posts and thread titles.

ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette

[edit on 27-9-2006 by kinglizard]

just wondering.. if this is an issue at all, why not adjust the PHP/CSS to accommodate, as opposed to a "please dont" system?

[edit on 12-9-2007 by scientist]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Thanks for letting me know. That was my 1st post and I was not aware of the rule until now.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
For some reason it has never bothered me if someone uses all caps when they type. It doesn't necessarily means that they are shouting, just loves to type that away.

It has never bothered me, maybe because I do not simply care how they type, as long as I can read and understand what they are saying. People just love to be CONTROL FREAKS!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Nah.
ATS is just against capitalism.
ha
ha
ha

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Sorry my bad, I was excited and a little concerned at the time... well still concerned
Won't happen again

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
MaKe SuRe YoU aVoId ViOlAtInG tOs By AlTeRnAtInG cApS aNd NoN cApS.

iT iS nOt AnY eAsIeR tO rEaD.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I didn't realize that the all caps thing was such an issue. I occasionally use all caps for emPHAsis, usually with a comic effect intended. I'll try to use bold instead if I can get the code right. OKAY!?! SCREEECH!!!

[edit on 1-2-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This site is ridiculously littered with advertisments yet we are chastised for all caps. Gimme a break

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
iT iS nOt AnY eAsIeR tO rEaD.

!yrruF rM ,enif tsuj ti daer nac I

oops that's a one liner... thems bad no nos too

And sometimes you need to SHOOT at people errrr shout , to get their darn attention

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
And sometimes you need to SHOOT at people errrr shout , to get their darn attention

Shoot the mods, shout at the Devil

Nice to see you post today. Or should I say,

Thank you for your post

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
i don't believe i used all caps...please explain...

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
oh i'm sorry...i used caps in the title... i won't do that again... thanks for pointing that out to me... i thought it was just in the actual text of the the thread that you did not want all caps.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Oh dear,

Mods posting oneliners?

What is this World coming to???

(hint)...joking. Really, they were relevant, so OK...

Hey, ATS is fun!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I ONLY WRITE IN 'C A P I T A L S' SO I WILL HAVE TO SAY GOOD-BY,SHAME I HAD AN AMAZING ENCOUNTER WITH UFOS ON NASA T.V. TONIGHT!!!!!!OH WELL BY-BY!

FROM D.O.T.E......(DEFENDERS OF THE EARTH)!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by D.O.T.E.

That is a bummer, with my contacts, I would have been able to tell you what they were doing...and why...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
with all the things in the world that one could post on a board on a conspiracy website this has got to be the silliest, most ango-saxon ( i am english by the way, before anyone starts!), anal bit of geek ettiquette i have ever read! i hope everyone uses caps. mods can't even prevent people who have been righteously banned from posting under new aliases and most posters cannot spell or use punctuation or seem to have been educated from pulp fiction sci fi books so your request seems a bit ...well, thanks for making me laugh anyway. i know the op was about caps in post descriptions but hopefully this will irritate you too! good luck writing to your elected representetive to complain when your economy collapses,by the way. all the best to you-seriously!

mod edit: all caps

[edit on 3/20/2008 by kinglizard]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join