It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The use of All Caps - ALL MEMBERS READ PLEASE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
mod edit: removed offensive content

[edit on 9-1-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I can appreciate your reserve status for staff.

My personal use of "all caps" is usually related to my inability to see the print. (Without Glasses On)

Rather than emphasise somthing.

I will focus on, and comply with this Rule.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nnelsosj
I can appreciate your reserve status for staff.

My personal use of "all caps" is usually related to my inability to see the print. (Without Glasses On)

I have a tip for you, to help save your eyesight.

While holding the CTRL key, use the mousewheel. You can enlarge text this way.

The only drawback for this method, is having to scroll the width of the page.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
sorry about that chief would all lower case be okay ? i have artharitiur in my fingers and the less i have to reach around on a ket board the better also i have a real hard time thinking and typing at the same time and slowing myself down even alittle derails the ho scale train of my thoughts,

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I, LaDy PrOpAg8R, Do HeReBy DeClArE; ThAt I WILL ReFrAiN FrOm ThE uSe Of AlL CaPs~!

SiGnEd,
MiSs Lp

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyPropag8r
I, LaDy PrOpAg8R, Do HeReBy DeClArE; ThAt I WILL ReFrAiN FrOm ThE uSe Of AlL CaPs~!

SiGnEd,
MiSs Lp

NOooo!

That's 100 times worse.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
TEN-FOUR

THIS
IS
NOT
A
ONE
SENTENCE
POST.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I use all caps to show how pissed I am. Which is very seldom. If people don't like it they can ban me and I'll go somewhere else. There is always the next forum.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modemizer
I use all caps to show how pissed I am. Which is very seldom. If people don't like it they can ban me and I'll go somewhere else. There is always the next forum.

Hmmmmm, the context and tone of your commentary should let everyone know how upset you are about a particular topic.

If you read the inital post its concerning ALL CAPS titles for threads and not in any reply you make.

[edit on 4/14/07 by FredT]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Oh yes, I'm soooooo upset. You got me pegged! Your plan is working!

Your driving me away.......... Not!

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
(mod edit- If you have nothing construtive to say then please refrain)

[edit on 14-4-2007 by asala]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
wow lol, check this out.

On the first page, infinite says that "stuff like this, makes me head hit the monitor and scream just like like a banshee."

guess who the next post is? The member "Banshee". Off-topic, completely, but I felt it worth mentioning none the less.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
THE CAPS LOCK CONSPIRACY...

My theory is that some posters use the CAPS LOCK key to assume Modlike control of our subconscious.

They have a hidden agenda to deceive the common masses here at ATS into thinking they are Mods and therefore what they post must be urgently read.

Knowing full well that we are programmed to receive messages from Mods in CAPITALS LETTERS and take note as a matter of urgency, these imposters/parasites then engulf and consume the host.

These CAPS LOCK criminals are now our Mods in drag.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yes, I too find the over-use of CAPS to be a real problem. You can stress a word or phrase this way, but when used excessively, the value is lost. I am under the impression that this is a sign of more immature minds trying to express themselves, and not knowing how.

I have fingers the size of sausages, so I sometimes look up and notice that I've typed a whole sentence in caplock mode. I just go back and redo the damn thing, amidst cussing at myself for being clumsy. It's not that hard.

To those who rely on caps to try and capture some attention: you are not getting the result you want this way. All you are doing is setting a tone for people thinking you are confrontational even before they read your statement. Also, it makes the very words themselves have less impact than would otherwise be obtained by the occasional use of caps to stress only the very important (to you) parts.

Just a little advice, take it or leave it.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
hmmmmmm... I didn't know that. I'll be more careful next time.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I must say, that this has really, really been bothering me for quite some time.
The people responsible for such blatant capitalization are nothing more than a rude, negative rabble.
On a related note, recently archaeologists have released findings that indicate the Mayan civilization, just before "the end", had begun carving symbols, figures and animals, all in capitals!
Before the fall of Rome, a scholar by the name of Luigi del Capitalius discovered the "Capital Letter", and had begun using it indiscriminately all over the city! This action was mimicked by others, and... and...

I, uh, think you know where I'm going with this. Sorry, I'm usually better than that, but I'm tired.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I can be guilty of this, though it's not an all too occuring theme with my threads. Appologies to all.

I shall endeavor to curb my enthusism.

And on this note - I duck out quietly...parden the pun.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Apologies on my behalf too...

im a passionate and animated person anyhow and use much hand gestures... sorry thanks for reminding us extroverts..

regards

Elf

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
heh, I posted here, and I go and make a thread in all caps. I didn't even realize I did it.

FREE THE 8!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
My apologies for using All Caps, I will remember not to use it again, Thanks.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join