It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The use of All Caps - ALL MEMBERS READ PLEASE

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Some members seem to react to it like it's a major crisis in their lives.

But thems the rules I guess.

Peace

You can actually feel being shouted at after you get used to the Net.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Time for a "Bump" I think.

Please read the opening thread post.

Thanks all...

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The solution to the problem of ALL CAPS is quite clear really.

Everyone needs a correct keyboard like mine...

Note the proper location of the control key and, more important, the
absence of a caps-lock key.

Happy Hacking Keyboard Lite 2

Mine is black with white key caps, instead of grey and black like the image. It's also USB so I can use it on my Apple Mac G5.

- McGrude

[edit on 2005/10/28 by McGrude]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
God bless Wikipedia

The caps lock is a key on a computer keyboard. Pressing it causes the keyboard to go into a mode in which letter keys are interpreted as capital letters by default. The caps lock does not affect the number or punctuation keys.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'll apologize in advance. I'm a draftsman and on my drawings we use all caps in dimensions and notes. I often forget that it is on. So if I do it I apologize. I'm not going to retype a long paragraph because I left the Caps Lock key engaged.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Everyone here should know by now, that using all CAPS is considered yelling at someone. That's plain computer knowledge & chatroom knowledge.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I think I need to *Bump* this thread.

Everyone please read the opening post of this thread.

Thank you...

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This thread is black and blue from the bumps it has been given.

The use of all caps is the equivalent of nails across the chalk board.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Sorry guys my bad

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
this thread should become a sticky.

its had so many bumps, i think its bruised.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
wHat ABOUT WRITIng like this

dOes it mAKEYOUR EYES go funny?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I THINK IT IS UNFAIR TO BE SO JUDGEMENTAL. SOME OF US MAY HAVE AN ISSUE WITH OUR KEYBOARDS (IF YOU PURCHASED A GATEWAY G6 SYSTEM YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT). ACTUALLY, I GET OFFENDED WHEN "LOWER CASE PEOPLE" SINGLE ME OUT FOR NOT CONFORMING TO THEIR SET STANDARDS. BECAUSE OF MY DECISION NOT TO PURCHASE A NEW KEYBOARD I AM PUSHED OUT FROM THE MAJORITY AND RIDICULED FOR MY KEYBOARD. IT FRIGHTENS ME TO THINK WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT AT ATS AFTER A MODERATOR IS ALLOWED TO POST SUCH MESSAGES AND BUMP THEM SEVERAL TIMES WITHOUT ANY KIND OF DISCIPLINARY ACTION. WILL THERE SOON BE SEPERATE SIGN INS FOR CAPS ONLY MEMBERS? SEPERATE MESSAGE BOARDS? A SEPERATE SET OF SMILEYS? I THINK WE SHOULD NOT JUDGE PEOPLE BY THE OUTWARD APPEARANCE OF THEIR TEXT, BUT BY WHAT IS INSIDE THOSE SENTENCES. STOP THE MADDNESS BEFORE IT GROWS INTO A MOVEMENT TO ABOLISH THESE KIND OF MEMBERS.

PLEASE SIGN AND FORWARD TO ALL YOUR ATS FRIENDS!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
[Mod edit: Off topic personal gripe removed.

Nephyx, if you have a problem with a staff decision please make use of the complaints feature provided which will alert all staff to your concern(s) where they will be reviewed and any action deemed appropiate taken. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 19/9/06 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
ALL YOUR CAPS ARE BELONG TO US!!

I don't see much of the All Caps phenomenon (must be lucky), but the one that makes me cringe is people WRITING like THIS with EVERY other or SO word CAPITALIZED for EFFECT. Once or TWICE in a SENTENCE doesn't BOTHER me, but when there are ABOUT 10 in ONE paragraph, it comes across AS a form OF internet TOURETTES!

But it's not widespread, these boards are still the "cleanest" I've seen, so it's no problemo :w:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I REALLY DONT LIKE CAPS LOCKS BECAUSE IT SHOWS LITTLE CONSIDERATION FOR OTHER PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY ARE TRYING TO TELL YOU SOMETHING AND THEY ARE TELLING YOU SOMETHING AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE YELLING AT THEM.

Seriously, I dislike posts like these. One of the above posters made a point saying that using all caps is very traumautic for some people. I agree, some people take this too seriously.

Other than that, I'd say that grammar is more important than using all caps.

I agree with all of the above, and this thread should become a sticky!

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You know what they say...

"Caps lock is like cruise control for cool"

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
eyem verry sureee eye wil knot yooz caps n e mor

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
How doI find what I just posted. Sorry new,,, I was yelling out to stop paying taxes for criminal & illegal uses by govt.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Your post is here HDLady:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by HDLady
How doI find what I just posted. Sorry new,,, I was yelling out to stop paying taxes for criminal & illegal uses by govt.

Edited.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join