It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The use of All Caps - ALL MEMBERS READ PLEASE

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Bumping again....haven't been around for several days .......I come on today and there are 5 posts with caps in them... or all capped....
guess the mods are too busy........

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Yes, we have all the time in the world to check each and every post made.

Please be so kind as to either u2u me or another preferred moderator of choice or simply let us know by using the complaint/suggestion utility and let us know which "five" your are referring to so that we 'busy as a bee' mods can possibly verify and correct them.

Thank you ma'am.
Much appreciated.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Yes, we have all the time in the world to check each and every post made.

I always knew you did, all the pretending has to stop.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
haven't been around for several days .......I come on today and there are 5 posts with caps in them... or all capped....
guess the mods are too busy........

Too busy dealing with more important things. I'll agree with you that it is annoying, but not the end of the world. Gosh! I search through 15,000 of the 15,577 post in the last 7 days and missed them somehow. Let me see, I had an excuse somewhere. Ah! Yes! Here it is. Rule 19 in the Site Terms and Conditions.

19.) This website does not and cannot review all of the content of every message posted

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Use your inside voices, kiddies.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Well...I see the mods on this post are all defensive.....it takes a quick glance over the board to see it....I strongly suggest that if you have no time for a rule....then it shouldn't be a regulation.
Why not just change the rule? People do it all the time anyway, why I have no idea but they do......so instead of having a regulation that is ignored by the mods, by their own admission.....just change the rule.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Well...I see the mods on this post are all defensive.....it takes a quick glance over the board to see it....I strongly suggest that if you have no time for a rule....then it shouldn't be a regulation.
Why not just change the rule? People do it all the time anyway, why I have no idea but they do......so instead of having a regulation that is ignored by the mods, by their own admission.....just change the rule.

I have the same question to the goverment about drug laws.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
My take on this LadyV...

Nobody cares as much as you do, not even the mods, when it comes to this issue.

I hereby nominate LadyV for Lieutenant of the Caps Police, Squad Delta.

All in favor, say AYE.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
WyrdeOne LOL....good one! Seriously though. Why bother having a regulation that is not enforced? Caps are to be for alerts by the admin here...but it is just ignored. My main problem is that in the BB world it means your screaming, and i read them that way. Why is it that some people think what "they" have to say is so much more important that they need to yell it? It's annoying to say the least, but if honestly if if it's a rule that is just non important.....it should just be changed, it's obvious that no one pays any attention to the regulation anyway.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Seriously though. Why bother having a regulation that is not enforced? Caps are to be for alerts by the admin here...but it is just ignored.

If I could find a way to uncap the thread on JFK I would, so at least recent posts would be perfect.

In lieu of that, I guess we'll just keep trying to educate with posts like this, fixing what we can, and U2Uing when we can't (as not all mods have powers in all forums).

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

In lieu of that, I guess we'll just keep trying to educate with posts like this, fixing what we can, and U2Uing when we can't (as not all mods have powers in all forums).

Thank you RANT! An explanation instead of the usual bs I usually get...yes it's pet peeve of mine...can't help it, we all have them. Aaaaanyway. I appreciate your calm and sane reply!

Ummmmm.......JFK, as a title is actually legit in caps..... like US for Unites States.

[edit on 4/30/05 by LadyV]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Is there such a thing as CAPS UNLOCK? It would make sense. I don't want to lock my CAPS if I can't unlock them again.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yes I am bumping this up to the top again......apparently it needed

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
*Bump*

Please read the first post in this thread.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
WITHOUT CAPS LOCK HOW WILL I KNOW WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH?
It's like getting a telegram, isn't it? So it must be real!

But if we must, maybe we could convince the keyboard manufacturers to include a little surprise for those who type more than a single line of caps. Say something like a system restart? Or an explosive device?

[edit on 13-9-2005 by garyo1954]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Using all caps cause me to want to bust a CAP in the all-cappers.
Also, I refuse to read a post that is in all caps.

I suggest we do not read all-cappers' posts, and that we do not respond to them.

At most, one person post that we are not going to read their stupid all-caps post, and after that, nobody else post in the all-caps thread!

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Is it a problem to do this with a SINGLE word or phrase within the body of a post? I have to admit, I do this a lot. Didn't know that might be a problem.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Is it a problem to do this with a SINGLE word or phrase within the body of a post?

There isn't any problem using ALL-CAPS on selective words within a post bud. The problem is with the readability of an entire post or thread titles (all or partially) typed using all capitalized words.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
That is good to hear! Frankly, electric shock therapy would NOT have cured me of that habit. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
When I first started visiting online forums I typed in all-caps not because I wanted to shout but because I was too freakin' lazy to go back and forth, and besides all lower case looks even more retarded.

Some members seem to react to it like it's a major crisis in their lives.

But thems the rules I guess.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join