It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captain America A Nazi?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Today I learned that Captain America is a member of the infamous Hydra . How can this be!?

Sure, he wears red white and blue on the outside, but on the inside? It turns out Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America, supports the evil, former Nazi organization, Hydra.

Marvel comics introduced the shocking twist Wednesday morning when Captain America: Steve Rogers #1 went on sale β€” and it turns out there have been hints that this was coming for a long time. TIME spoke with Marvel executive editor Tom Brevoort about the decision, the clues and why Hydra’s rhetoric sounds an awful lot like that of a certain presidential candidate.time.com...

This is too weird. Maybe it is time to give that Mandela effect a closer look? 😈

Cover, Captain America: Steve Rogers #1

edit on Cpm3Sunday4820161931Sun, 29 May 2016 15:48:19 -05002016 by CagliostroTheGreat because: Add cover image

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Nice thread S/F

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I'm more of a Cosmic Marvel Fan but saying Captain America is a Nazi is completely out of character. In fact a lot of Marvel fans went nuts from this revelation. I mean look at Marvel Civil War, Captain America fought for freedom and the Nazis are the opposite of freedom.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Maybe the real twist is that he a double agent, spying on hydra. Yea, that sound's better.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I'm more of a Cosmic Marvel Fan but saying Captain America is a Nazi is completely out of character. In fact a lot of Marvel fans went nuts from this revelation. I mean look at Marvel Civil War, Captain America fought for freedom and the Nazis are the opposite of freedom.

as the article says, the proof is in the execution. guess that means we just have to be patient and see.

i just hope theres a very convenient disconnect between the comics and the movies. then again, maybe there will be room for some playing around after infinity war, especially if they use the time gem to revisit the nazi era and explore an alternate version of our favorite heroes. again: time will tell.
edit on 29-5-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Based on two words? This is a classic cliff-hanger ending. There's a lot more to this story, which they now know you will buy at the first opportunity. I'm not worried, actually. I have faith that it will all work out in the end.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
***** civil war spoiler *****

He did side with a hydra guy to beat a hydra guy, sooooo maybe a little?

edit on b2424342 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
eeyipes

That's what I was thinking too. I just got it, should be fun when I sit down and read it.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

Bucky was never a nazi. He was weaponized by the Nazis.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
TzarChasm

It will be interesting to see how they tie this up. It's unimaginable that Cap could actually be working for Hydra.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
TzarChasm

It will be interesting to see how they tie this up. It's unimaginable that Cap could actually be working for Hydra.

I think it would be great to see Bucky save cap from nazi version of Mk ultra. Because irony.
edit on 29-5-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Biigs

Bucky was never a nazi. He was weaponized by the Nazis.

Well he was pretty sorry about being a WMD for the nazis so thats basicly as good as a nazi firing squad who "didnt really mean it".

link   
schuyler

Oh, it's obviously hype building and it worked. They said they wanted to reinvigorate Cap, they got it.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
schuyler

Oh, it's obviously hype building and it worked. They said they wanted to reinvigorate Cap, they got it.

Marvel's Red Son.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
TzarChasm

That would be amazing. I'm curious what effect this will have on the MCU? Is that Captain America Hydra too?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

See my post regarding the time gem.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Your leaving me out of this?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

A lot of parallels between DC and marvel...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Yes many!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Quantum

Nice. I can't believe what they're doing to Cap! Looking forward to reading this book, man. Its weird, Red Skull is like Trump! WTF!πŸ˜„πŸ˜ŒπŸ˜΅

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join