It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Batman That You Remember?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Child abuse, torture, murder. What a great cartoon for the children of the New World Order. Gotta corrupt and desensitize em young, you know. There's no state more distracting than sociopathic hate and sadistic violence. Can't have the kids growing up sensitive, honest, and in stark opposition to the evils this New World has to offer. Wouldn't want a real Batman running amok, terrorizing the real villains of this World Order. Much better to keep them drooling over more kills in Call of Duty, satisfying their lust for projecting misery in videogames so that they'll be cold to the suffering of others in adulthood. So that they'll be too consumed with their personal greed, sadistic malevolence and petty wants to notice that they've been brainwashed and enslaved by the rich and the depraved.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Navarro

It has a 15+ rating in Australia.

Sounds about right.

Your rant sounds rather misguided

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Violent crime has been declining for years, maybe video games is a good outlet to let aggression out for the youth rather than actually violence.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It's fitting, seeing the Batman of old holding the dead, limp body of the character that was meant to represent the viewer. The children's advocate, their avatar, the immersive character which they could identify with, the character which could make them feel as though they're standing right along side their hero, Batman. Beaten. Broken. Dead. Limp in the arms of our defeated hero.

Yet I seem to recall a time when Batman was about detective work, solving mysteries and occasionally beating up badguys who wanted to hurt and steal. Now Batman's spying on the entire city in the style of the NSA, cruising around in a tank and apparently even shooting guns at people if he's not physically torturing them for information. What's a broken wrist in an ice-cold world as this?

But no matter. Innocence is dead. We just watched the villains of the New World Order beat him mercileously, laughing and enjoying everyone moment of it, before finally and decisively, killing him. Hail barbarism. Hail the New World Order.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoxFulder
Violent crime has been declining for years, maybe video games is a good outlet to let aggression out for the youth rather than actually violence.

Has it? According to statistics, in 1960 the United States saw 288,460 violent crimes. In 2014 there were 1,197,987 violent crimes in America. Had records been maintained in those days, I wonder how many violent crimes statistics would show in 1900, prior to the New World Order's official beginning. Considerably less than today, no doubt.
edit on 29-5-2016 by Navarro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

jason todd was a dick and everyone wanted him killed off anyway lol. Batman just adapted to the times, the world got darker and so did the caped crusader. sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire, cause any baddies he would put away would just escape anyway.no matter how much he wanted to kill the joker for killing jasone todd he didnt, and thats whats to be taken form that situation. no matter how hard the joker tried he couldnt get bats to break his one rule. plus its a comic book i promise you those f*%&ing kardashians corrupt way more kids. and batman is very much still a detecive and does detectivish things. whats the most recent batman comic youve read???

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The batman I remember sends a shiver down my spine too..
George Clooney. .. ugh. .

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Yet I seem to recall a time when Batman was about detective work, solving mysteries and occasionally beating up bad guys who wanted to hurt and steal.

I remember when comics were 25 cents and super heroes were called crime fighters.

Now its some twisted genre of super cop vs. the people.

Nice thread. Carry on…

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Rabb420

"A Death in the Family" was a solid arc. Jason Todd was not a well liked character. OP seems unaware this was an arc in the comic series first (or neglected to mention this fact) that was published in the 80's.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navarro

originally posted by: BoxFulder

Has it? According to statistics, in 1960 the United States saw 288,460 violent crimes. In 2014 there were 1,197,987 violent crimes in America. Had records been maintained in those days, I wonder how many violent crimes statistics would show in 1900, prior to the New World Order's official beginning. Considerably less than today, no doubt.

Yes, it has.

Crime rates *have* been declining for a few decades now. Check your own link and look at the RATE, not necessarily the number.

Crime Rate Statistics 1960-2014

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Umm, you think this is bad? You should look into the American lynchings. Not only would they bring kids to watch the people being hung and burned alive, but the kids (and adults) could even buy charred body parts and bone fragments as souvenirs. They even had "lynching postcards".

I'm too bored to upload the pictures, but just do a google image search of "Lige Daniels lynching". The crowd of kids and adults even posed with the body hanging overhead. I stress the kids in the pictures because the kids were closest to his body, with some even smiling.

In other words, things are actually getting better than they were. I even remember an article not too long ago that showed that kids' movies typically have loved characters die early in them, like "Bambi" and "The Lion King".

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Guess you haven't heard about the newest animated Batman movie that's rated R? I'm sure it will upset you as much as Robins death (who comic book fans voted for via phone back in the 80's).

Fun fact, when Batman was brand new way back in the day, he killed and tortured criminals.

I'm Batman.
edit on 29-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

This reminds me of people getting upset over the Red Wedding scene in Game of Thrones. A book that came out in 2000. 16 years ago.

A death in the family came out in 88. some 28 years ago.

And you're getting mad over this now?

I'm guilty of this too btw but, you need to research a little more.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Spoiler Alert!

He's not dead! Tee hee!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Swills

😈

top topics

join