It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Late Can a POTUS Candidate Wait to Turn Down the Job?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: atomish

It's a big, thick, literary novel. My copy....a paperback in front of me at this very moment...is 814 pages. A "pulp fiction" sized thing that has long ago started to disintegrate.

Definitely check out info on it.
There are vids and articles and all manner of "mentions" all over the webz.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

This has been my "hope" for a while: that he is doing this simply for show, either just to see if he *can* do it (and go down in history), or as a joke to show the utter intolerant insanity of a majority of the Republican party (and still go down in history).

Yes. That.
It is my fantasy that in the end (a year from now) we all realize that (and how) this whole stupid thing got invented and carried out......
all of this, as crazy and slobbering as it makes people, could very well be a ruse.

The reactions of the general public seem real enough...but the scenarios to which they are responding might actually not really be happening at all? Is this all totally theatrics gone mad?

Creepy factor is off the charts?

Or not?

edit on 5/29/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

heres a better question, IF trump did back out, how could the establishment spin it to justify passing more authoritarian control over the election process? cause that is what would happen if he did that.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Pyrrho

The other thread did not address the consequences of a President-Elect quitting before they are installed into the Oval Office.

Sorry for being redundant.

I don't see how that is relevant. How does him running out of campaign funds today equate to him getting elected in 6 months and then turning the job down?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

It's merely a conjecture. A spark of an idea....

"what if?"

That's all it is.

WHAT IF
?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

No. You tried to link this to the story about Trump's campaign needing more funding. I'm asking why.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

See....that's the thing. If that were to happen, all of a sudden the floodlights would be all over this actual set of circumstances. But as things stand now, there is minimal attention to the "what if" thing and the hypothetical thought-puzzle that it presents. Maybe that's the whole idea to begin with? To ask the public to please cowboy up and say what is real......and also acknowledge potential related consequences??

It doesn't have to make sense.....it doesn't need to add up....
It just needs to be stocked.....like any old lake....so that locals can go fishing.....and catch something.....
????

No?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

The question came into my mind after I read olaru's OP. It's nothing more nefarious than that.
I had a thought. I posted it.

I wondered if this 'declaration' of having no more money was fabricated.
Period.

edit on 5/29/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join