It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disfiguring tropical virus spread across Syria and neighboring countries - Daily Mail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Disfiguring tropical bug spread across Syria after ISIS turn the streets into a filthy wasteland is now eating its way across the Middle East as millions flee terror

Cutaneous leishmaniasis is a disease spread by bites from sand flies

Can lead to severe scarring and regularly goes undiagnosed and untreated

The disease had been contained to Syria, particularly ISIS-held regions

But it has now spread as millions have fled to neighbouring countries

This map shows how the disease has spread out of Syria into countries such as Jordan, Iraq and Turkey

Between 2000 and 2012, there were only six reported cases of the disease in Lebanon.
But in 2013 alone there were 1,033 cases reported, of which 96 per cent occurred among the displaced Syrian refugees, according to the Lebanese Ministry of Health.
Turkey, Jordan, Easter Libya and Yemen have also reported hundreds of cases.
With Yeminis migrating to Saudi Arabia, the fear is the disease might spread there too.
There could even be refugees with the disease who have reached Europe.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ola.html#ixzz4A1SWrELS

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

According to the World Health Organisation, there are three main forms of the disease and are spread by more than 20 parasites:

Cutaneous Leishmaniasis: This is the most common form of the disease and causes ulcers on exposed parts of the body. It can also lead to disfigurement, permanent scarring, stigma and disability.

Visceral Leishmaniasis: This is the most severe form of the disease and can be fatal if left untreated. The disease targets the major organs and causes irregular bouts of fever, weight loss as well as enlargement of the liver and spleen.

Mucocutaneous Leishmaniasis: This is the most destructive form of the disease, eating away at the mucous membranes of the nose, mouth and throat. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ola.html#ixzz4A1SvT4g0 Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

F.u. Merkel!!!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Those poor people as though they haven't got enough to deal with.

Something I don't understand is why the ring fencing if its only spread by sand flies? I am also surprised at the maps because these flies seem to respect borders.

The article doesn't indicate whether once infected people can spread this disease to others or is it contained within the individual whom has been bitten?

Basically, are we looking at immigrants bringing a disease thats going to cost our NHS a huge amount of money when they turn up demanding health car and drugs?

What is so annoying about this disease in its many forms for everyone to be concerned about is, that before the start of the war in Syria the article tells us that this health risk was under control. Will war-mongering politicians ever learn?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

questions that better be answered by EU politicians BEFORE not AFTER we all got it.
We have enough apocalyptic movies to know how it will look like after it spreads.

Let not forget also, the world is not only USA isolated to care for its own problems. EU is now at the frontline. Moreover, the modern world of so much travel already showed how little could be done if pandemic hits, Bird/Swine flu, SARS. In days, it is spread to all continents.

The showcase of several US volunteers in Africa with Ebola to be transported and cured in US hospitals, probably couldn't be applied on mass scale, even within the Western world, much less to the Third World. We are happy we don't have the big one yet.

It will matter very little the humanitarian concern of politicians and religious POST FACTUM for the victims among our own cities. Walking Dead or what?
edit on 29-5-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Thats so tragic.

I dont put it past our leaders to release these types of diseases.

After all, we did dig up the most deadly virus in the world's history so we could, you know, study it on how to prevent it in the future.

Mmm hmm.

Why Revive a Deadly Flu Virus?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere
Of all the diseases to release I don't think this would be the most effective form of warfare.

Their disfigament would only scare our troops.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The best way to halt mass migrations is to remove the reason people believe their only and best option is to flee their homes. The fact that basic sanitation and health care has broken down in a war zone should not be a surprise to anyone.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

Naughty, naughty and more naughty but it made me laugh I am sorry to admit.

I still want to know if these people are in any way infectious to the populations they are trying to push into?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Keep reading the daily fail as a source of information you are in danger of your brain cells literally oozing out of your ears ...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

The fact that basic sanitation and health care has broken down in a war zone

Hard to break something you dont have

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I still want to know if these people are in any way infectious to the populations they are trying to push into?

I imagine a fair share of sand fleas are ridin shotgun with em

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

leishmaniasis Is not a virus its a protazoa parasite.

Quite common in the area at the best of time.
The wars just made its spread easier.

It's not infectious human to human either you need sand flys to transmit it so risk to the west is pretty much zero.
edit on 29-5-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on Jun 17th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
SPAM removed by admin

edit on Jul 13th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

top topics

join