It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How we CELEBRATE people killing & getting killed in pursuit of EMPIRE (Memorial Day)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
And it keeps spilling over it "Ain't they dumb to fight for such an awful regime."
Memorial days are like a little bit of therapy both for those bereaved and those suffering from survivors guilt.

Hey lets ignore the reality of all this, and go along with more wars for empire so we can have more dead countrymen to honor? We lose another 100,000 troops, and maim another 10,000,000 foreigners and woo boy we'll really have cause for pause on Memorial Day I cant wait!

Of course a Brit wouldn't get my view, as the national identity there weeps for the lost empire.
edit on 29-5-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I actually explain to my kids every year we don't celebrate memorial day, we observe it

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Jimmy im happy you said this, cheers

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
and for me human rights are the best under the U.S

You have to be kidding me!
Human Rights Watch

However, I'm not surprised you think this seeing as you fought wars based on lies and believed you were doing the right thing.
Anything to justify your guilt from murdering others.

The U.S.A. is the current evil empire, spreading 'democracy' down the barrel of a gun and stealing resources...

I do not honour the service of the veterans. They were/are part of the problem.
edit on 29-5-2016 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

And it keeps spilling over it "Ain't they dumb to fight for such an awful regime."
Memorial days are like a little bit of therapy both for those bereaved and those suffering from survivors guilt.

Hey lets ignore the reality of all this, and go along with more wars for empire so we can have more dead countrymen to honor? We lose another 100,000 troops, and maim another 10,000,000 foreigners and woo boy we'll really have cause for pause on Memorial Day I cant wait!

Of course a Brit wouldn't get my view, as the national identity there weeps for the lost empire.

I get that you are bitter, but you ain't gonna find peace by hating on "the right group." You gotta see the human side of things like this, not the political side.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

yea, yea, how long will it be before you call me some kind of dick?

I understand you get your rocks off disrespecting soldiers, but your viewpoint is a convenient one coming from the safety of your western home. As i have said multiple times and I will say again, if it is this EVIL EMPIRE then #ing put on a uniform and go fight against it, otherwise you're just a coward who has no real personal principal, its real easy to discredit those who have believed in something and fought for it, what have you done?
edit on 29-5-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I get that you are bitter, but you ain't gonna find peace by hating on "the right group." You gotta see the human side of things like this, not the political side.

I hate wars for empire. I hate my countrymen dying. I hate them killing in the name of political ambition, etc. I hate lies in all forms, especially lies that march happless kids into wars to maim hopeless victims.

Call it a hunch, but I'll bet the UK armed forces also use Depleted Uranium weapons:

www.mintpressnews.com...

There you go take a good look at what fantasies of imperialism means as long as it goes on the way it has been and will continue to do so thanks to people like you.
edit on 29-5-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

and for me human rights are the best under the U.S

You have to be kidding me!
Human Rights Watch

However, I'm not surprised you think this seeing as you fought wars based on lies and believed you were doing the right thing.
Anything to justify your guilt from murdering others.

The U.S.A. is the current evil empire, spreading 'democracy' down the barrel of a gun and stealing resources...

I do not honour the service of the veterans. They were/are part of the problem.

You should take some solace in knowing that, in the Florida Panhandle where there are countless vets and bases and national cemeteries the
ultra gay now own the holiday weekend.
The beach is nut to butt with grape smugglers and mannish girls who look and act like 16 yo boys.
The filth they leave behind on the beach is indescribable in this forum. Lots of trash too.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

Hahahaha lmfao!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Why would anyone want to migrate to our evil empire from the drug lords in South America. Wonder why. We are soooo evil, we are fighting on how many people we should let into the United States. Not like people even try to get in illegally or anything.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Sorry, double post.

edit on 29-5-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I hate wars for empire. I hate my countrymen dying. I hate them killing in the name of political ambition, etc. I hate lies in all forms, especially lies that march happless kids into wars to maim hopeless victims.

Call it a hunch, but I'll bet the UK armed forces also use Depleted Uranium weapons:

www.mintpressnews.com...

There you go take a good look at what fantasies of imperialism means as long as it goes on the way it has been and will continue to do so thanks to people like you.

So what should our troops fire at enemy tanks? Bloody snickers bars?

I get that you hate wars and stuff. You'll even find that the least warlike people you'll ever meet are likely to be those who have seen the elephant.

Moaning about memorial days or those who observe them is just not going to either further your course or engender respect.

The people that fight, they fight. That's it they don't make the policy, they don't consume the media they don't drive the whole policy that leads to conflict.
They just do the dying. They put themselves in harms way in the belief it may be needed. Sometimes it is, sometimes it ain't. But every time, they are the ones who pay the price. You could at least respect that and them.
edit on 14pSun, 29 May 2016 16:31:14 -050020162016-05-29T16:31:14-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

That's not okay man. They're part of the problem.

What they SHOULD be doing is posting angry rants on the internet. Because that's true heroism, man.

link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Why would anyone want to migrate to our evil empire from the drug lords in South America. Wonder why. We are soooo evil, we are fighting on how many people we should let into the United States. Not like people even try to get in illegally or anything.

Its surprising they do, actually:

Operation Condor was a campaign of political repression and state terror involving intelligence operations and assassination of opponents, which started in 1968 and was officially implemented in 1975 by the right-wing dictatorships of the Southern Cone of South America. The program was intended to eradicate communist or Soviet influence and ideas, and to suppress active or potential opposition movements against the participating governments.

Due to its clandestine nature, the precise number of deaths directly attributable to Operation Condor is highly disputed. Some estimates are that at least 60,000 deaths can be attributed to Condor, and possibly more. Victims included dissidents and leftists, union and peasant leaders, priests and nuns, students and teachers, intellectuals and suspected guerillas.

Condor's key members were the governments in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia and Brazil. The United States government provided technical support and supplied military aid to the participants until at least 1978, and again after Republican Ronald Reagan became President in 1981. Such support was frequently routed through the Central Intelligence Agency. Ecuador and Peru later joined the operation in more peripheral roles. These efforts, such as Operation Charly, supported the local juntas in their anti-communist repression.
en.wikipedia.org...

link   

#ing love ya sprocket, to bad you aint American
but you are a citizen of our greatest ally, and the truth is if either one of us is in a foxhole we are fighting together. Well said

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

#ing love ya sprocket, to bad you aint American
but you are a citizen of our greatest ally, and the truth is if either one of us is in a foxhole we are fighting together. Well said

Thanks for that mate. The feeling's mutual. And just for the record half of me is a Yank, even though I was born in the Motherland
edit on 22pSun, 29 May 2016 16:40:22 -050020162016-05-29T16:40:22-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

you asked us all to be honest about the fact we live in Empire. I acknowledged this, and am asking you to be honest in that Empire is the story of mankind, and that removing one empire has never stopped another from stepping in, EVER. It can be disheartening to come to the realization that there is pretty much nothing you can do to change the course of human history from such nonsense and unnecessary because you cannot control who you were born to or where you are born.

The best we can do, is do right by the people we can affect here at home, within the safety of our empire. And try to just utilize the system we have and generate success for ourselves and family. If you do become successful, and still want to change things, then you will have to also accept that the battle is multi generational and you would need to create a family trust with specific rues and outlines on how the family wealth will be used.

All of the real rulers of the world are rich wealthy families. ALL OF THEM, from here to China and everything in between. Has been throughout history. If you want to beat Rome, you have to join it first. The hard part is not losing your soul in the process, which unfortunately is what happens to most now that the devil can speak to you and show you things from the chip in your hand anywhere on Earth (our mobile phones) .

Or, just cast off the dread, the stress, the heartache of what the world is, and embrace what your world is. Focus on you and your own first. because if you are not wealthy, you cannot make an impact on a small impoverished village in one of our conflict zones. that takes money.

Join Rome, try not to be seduced by it, and leave your family with a legacy and a mission. That is the only way to affect more than your immediate community. Every ruling family of money today had to start exactly as I just outlined.

Not every human knows or even cares what goes on in the world because they can never see or experience it. The most important topics on most peoples minds is how they can do right by their family and local community with the resources available to them. There is nothing wrong with that.

But worrying about the problems of the world, trying to find solutions to humanity's plight, wishing things were different... these are only thoughts that will drive one mad. I know, because it almost drove me mad until my father helped me rationalize it.

if you yourself are not successful, you wont even be able help yourself, let alone the world. If this is a legitimate goal you want to work towards, it is possible to make that difference. But you have to use the system and join Rome first, because that is the only way to create the wealth that your family can use to make the difference.

Unlike many others, I am not trying to condescend you. I am reaching out to offer you the solution if you really and truly want to grasp it. I already have my family goals mapped and planned or 3 generations on. Any adult parent who has not done this will not be able to build the influence necessary to make real changes down the road.

Behind the story of every king, there is the story of a peasant who sought a better future for his family.
Or you can just sit back and enjoy the show like most of the rest of us.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

The people that fight, they fight. That's it they don't make the policy, they don't consume the media they don't drive the whole policy that leads to conflict.
They just do the dying. They put themselves in harms way in the belief it may be needed. Sometimes it is, sometimes it ain't. But every time, they are the ones who pay the price. You could at least respect that and them.

Amen, very well said. Regardless of motives, we have to definitely at last respect that.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It`s a day to remember the individual men and women who died while serving their country. The politics of how and why they were fighting has nothing to do with memorial day. In fact many of those who died may not have agreed with the politics behind the particular war that they were asked to fight,but they put their personal feelings and politics aside and fought and died because that`s what their country asked them to do and for that they deserve to be remembered and respected.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I understand you get your rocks off disrespecting soldiers, but your viewpoint is a convenient one coming from the safety of your western home. As i have said multiple times and I will say again, if it is this EVIL EMPIRE then #ing put on a uniform and go fight against it, otherwise you're just a coward who has no real personal principal

Nice language there possum, did I upset you, precious?

There are other ways of standing up to evil empires than fighting, and my personal principles are firm enough for me not to be swayed by the ire of a warmonger who, obviously, only knows one way to skin a cat.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join