It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How we CELEBRATE people killing & getting killed in pursuit of EMPIRE (Memorial Day)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Theme parks open on Memorial Day:
www.cedarpoint.com...

Move along people, no celebration to be found on Memorial Day.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: Teikiatsu

its called a Vassal state. Easier to influence a nations policy when the people believe they are still running the show, even if their leaders simply ask "how high" when they are told to jump. No problem here, this is simply how humans have been all of our existence.

Well the EU and Japan better shape up STAT! South Korea is being a bit uppity too. And don't get me started with Iraq...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: TechniXcality

Your bias has you entirely missing the point: "America" is the Evil Empire.

There's no point in doing this, this is YOUR BIAS, how many died under communism? the number is somewhere around 150,000,000 are you aware of that? Anyway its silly, go to Russia man if you set up a go fund me ill donate to your trip.
edit on 29-5-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The evils of the USSR vs. the USSA... It's all still evil!

Does Russia do their equivalent of Memorial Day today too, or then why are we even talking about them?

How do you justify the numbers I posted? You really ought to go take a real good look at that death toll thread. I guarantee there's details in there you never saw on TV.
edit on 29-5-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Have you considered a trip to mars?

we are talking about communism because you said," America is THE evil empire"

no its not, and if you do not wish to be under any politics of man (which the best conditions for human rights exist in the west) then #ing goto mars, launch yourself into outer space and start a space colony, but i wager given enough time superpowers would arise there as well.
edit on 29-5-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

What? South Korea has been very well behaved and cooperative. What are you getting at?? They also develop wonderful consumer technology for our markets in conjunction with Japan. Japan has even gone as far as amending their constitution to allow for non-defensive military action overseas , no doubt as a result of backroom deals with our leaders.

And the EU has been routinely shooting themselves in the foot economically to work with us on the Russian sanctions and the refugee situation. From my perspective, it appears they are serving our empire just fine.

But I like your attitude, because I think really we should embrace our imperial status more. It helps technology develop very fast.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
IIB posts sickening numbers demonstrating USSA is an evil empire, mentions some related examples (DU, etc).

Instead of deal with all that TX simply says 'nope not evil'.

TX wins?!?!?!

At least you got a bit of a creative twist going on that ultra-lame old 'get outta my coontry if yew dont like et' line.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Theme parks open on Memorial Day:
www.cedarpoint.com...

Move along people, no celebration to be found on Memorial Day.

Why should anyone care how someone observes the day?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Does Russia do their equivalent of Memorial Day today too, or then why are we even talking about them?

They have the victory day celebrations where they make a wonderful display of their gear and soldiers. I think that is probably the closest they come as far as I know, but a native Russian would know more.

Just know I am not really trying to say it is better for us because we are the empire, even though that IS what I am saying. My point I am trying to make is, you have to accept it would never necessarily be better if it were another. And then we would still be servants of someone else's empire regardless.

There is good to be found in all this you know. Like our efforts to bring education and rights to young girls in places where the population would deprive them of such and even murder them for trying. Or our efforts that helped eliminate some diseases like smallpox and polio. We werent alone, but we played a major role in it. The fact that there are places right now we have intervened where men and women can mingle publicly together without being accused of rape or adultery and sentenced to violent punishments whereas before they would be subject to such harshness.

The fact that there are places right now we have intervened in where individual citizens can choose their own destiny and own their own businesses and private property again, where before they had it taken away and were imprisoned for success.

There is always more than one side to a coin. that goes equally to the oppressors I allude to in the examples I just cited. As hard as it is for many to believe, there are good things to be said about the Russian/Soviet and Chinese empires as well. We would just have to learn it directly from their citizens.

there are no perfect systems, only ones that can make some people happier, and others miserable. Reversing that would still leave some happier, and others miserable.

Only the end of free will can stop Empire, how do you propose that happen?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

there's context to all of that all the wars and politics, is it always right no its not, but we are dealing with superpowers fighting over resource and ideology, and usually ideology is a justification for resource. So as for the actions we can say, six one way half dozen the other, unless you do want to count death tally's which communism among others eclipse the U.S, so where does that leave us? Well which ideology do you closest subscribe to, and for me human rights are the best under the U.S and her influence therefor that's where I stand, now if you'd rather not be subject to our worlds politics and history's, then once again launch yourself into outer space and start a space colony.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

What? South Korea has been very well behaved and cooperative. What are you getting at?? They also develop wonderful consumer technology for our markets in conjunction with Japan. Japan has even gone as far as amending their constitution to allow for non-defensive military action overseas , no doubt as a result of backroom deals with our leaders.

Japan and South Korea are their own countries who have embraced capitalism, it merges extremely well with their cultural traditions of competition.

And the EU has been routinely shooting themselves in the foot economically to work with us on the Russian sanctions and the refugee situation. From my perspective, it appears they are serving our empire just fine.

That's just funny. The EU is shooting itself in the foot no doubt, but not from trying to work with us.

The EU was created specifically to compete with the USA, just FYI.

But I like your attitude, because I think really we should embrace our imperial status more. It helps technology develop very fast.

The inherent competition found in capitalism helps technology develop much faster.
edit on 29-5-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
The EU was created specifically to compete with the USA, just FYI.

Oh that is working just swell isnt it, what with major players trying to leave and constantly demanding one or another pay for certain things.

They are vassals of the Empire, just like Japan and South Korea. They are just developed enough for their citizens to be confused about who runs what, even though you will hear many voice their displeasure at the relationships we have. Turkey is another good example of what happens when a vassal thinks it is time to rebirth their own former empire. For as ruthless as they are behaving lately, they are still on a leash and could easily do and become much worse.

As an imperial citizen, I am very cautious of the Turkish leaders actions. He may be trying to break away from the Empire and restart his own. I doubt he will go too far, as the only thing saving him from the Russian empire is the NATO empire.
edit on 5/29/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Oh I see we're still not actually doing anything about any of our beliefs we're still sitting on the couch angrily posting to an Internet board, eh OP?

How inspiring

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
Well which ideology do you closest subscribe to, and for me human rights are the best under the U.S and her influence therefor that's where I stand

You clearly havent much analyzed the data I put up for you.

Inherent to it is all the dictatorships the US has and does support, and will continue to do so as long as you guys keep succeeding in pushing this status quo mindset out, the same one the Media has pushed on US our entire lives and will continue to indoctrinate all future children unless enough people make a big stink and change it.

It can be benevolent, but as long as you and people like you continue to slish slosh past the grimy details, and keep on keepin on blowing up children etc, firing DU weapons into populated areas, and so on, it cant be benevolent and never will be.

www.businessinsider.com...
There you go: Agent Orange. Take a real good look at what evil 'doesnt' look like.

'You have the human right to be born birth defected'!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

we were ALL launching blister agents at each other in WW1. The Japanese empire committed some horrible atrocities on the Chinese in the name of research with units 100 and 731 . Worse even than the NAZI empire!

Empires will do #ty things. Your choice is as follows:
A: The deformed helpless bastards in the images you just linked as a result of fighting the empire

or
B: Enjoy the A/C, while you browse the worlds knowledge on a computer in between running your own success and riding in a car to whatever weekend venues you enjoy.

I prefer B myself. Being neutral only means you are still going with B, but perhaps under a different vassal state.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You know what's missing from this?
All the men and women that died and got hurt in their country's uniforms did so for the men and women next to them.
They fought for their mates, not the politicians and Kings and media barons.

Try and keep that in mind next time you are looking down on them, eh?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Dear AmericanStatusQuo:
Please duly note that my 27,000,000++ death toll number doesnt include wars like WW1/WW2, that is it doesnt count all known US involved conflicts. It didn't even count the Revolutionary War, for instance, you know the war where 'we' rebelled against British Imperialism...

The death toll only counts the numbers I could find that afternoon specific to American Imperialism.

It amazes me how quick everyone is to pat themselves on the back for the American Empire death toll to not match that of other obvious examples, likewise as how in light of this discussion people are quick to stoke themselves with concepts such as 'hey we have the most TV channels so its okay if we support more dictatorships across the globe than any other governmental entity in the hostory of the known universe'.

Cheers!

Turn your cheek to the truth, and brace for the sucker punch! - IIB

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The holiday is not meant as a celebration, but as a day of respect for those who lost their lives in war. Whether or not a war was just is for politicians and historians to argue about. Showing respect for those that lost their lives is not up for debate.

Your idea about what this day commemorates is flawed.

as one of the few liberals left on ATS, I too honor their service. i have many friends that fought in the Vietnam war that i talk to throughout the year......don't just honor them today....if you meet one, buy them a cup of coffee or pay for their breakfast or lunch, donate your clothes to veteran groups, etc.....or, just sit down and talk with them for a while

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
All the men and women that died and got hurt in their country's uniforms did so for the men and women next to them.

The point of this discussion isn't about looking down on troops, it's about people taking them for granted while at the same time ignoring the facts of the matters that got them all killed/maimed.

Please actually read the thread next time before jumping to conclusions and looking down on the writer.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

The point of this discussion isn't about looking down on troops, it's about people taking them for granted while at the same time ignoring the facts of the matters that got them all killed/maimed.

Please actually read the thread next time before jumping to conclusions and looking down on the writer.

And it keeps spilling over it "Ain't they dumb to fight for such an awful regime."
Memorial days are like a little bit of therapy both for those bereaved and those suffering from survivors guilt.

A memorial or a remembrance day is not the time to rail against the system. Not one bit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join