It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Stunned After Trump Reveals That His Presidential Campaign Is Broke

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Republicans Stunned After Trump Reveals That His Presidential Campaign Is Broke

So a 'broke' guy clinched the nomination.

And some people say politicians are bought, and 'paid' for.

Interesting.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

As the Republican nominee, he automatically gains the RNC resources and funds.. it's automatic, and from the RNC to any candidate who wins the primaries... it was the primaries that he had to get through completely self funded, he did that, and now the RNC is his - which is why there was such a big fight against him from the establishment, because he didn't owe them the position, he owed the people only.

Why do you think Ryan is holding out and trying to force Trump into policy changes? It's exactly what Ryan is doing, trying to dictate policy to Trump right now..They want him "on board" since they have no choice now but to assist his presidential campaign... and Trump is still sticking to his guns.

The party elite is globalist, and Trump is nationalist. That is what the fight is over, and what all this is about.
edit on 29-5-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: olaru12

Well if Trump throws in the towel now, we can pretty much surmise that he threw the election in favour of the Democrats, probably for Killary. The Republican won't be able to get back the momentum if they run someone else, there's not enough time. This is looking particularly suspicious.

Cheers - Dave

no it doesn't....he simply is telling the GOP to pony up the money for him from now on.....oh, and that self-funding thing?...juuuuuust another Trump lie, but again, his supporters don't care.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Will be interesting to see if the GOP expects Trump to follow orders before they pay for anything.

I don't know if they can do that or how it works, but still would be interesting.

As president he can't just do whatever he wants. So to me it makes sense.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Technically they cannot say no, this is what the primaries are about, who gets the party support, financial and otherwise. Now, he still has to raise funds for the RNC, this is known prior to him even running, whoever wins the nomination also has to raise funds for the party... this is why the establishment considered a Trump nomination a takeover of the party itself...Are the donors Trump pulls in willing to get on board with a nationalist policy verses the globalist policy that the party currently supports - that could change the parties direction for longer than just a Trump presidency, which is why some of the biggest globalists in the party are now Hillary supporters, because she is also a globalist.

Trump will have to make some concessions or destroy the party forever, it's going to be a matter of what concessions he will make. Pick your battles is key here - and Trump is expert in that. I personally do not support globalism, its not good for the people at all in any society. NAFTA was just as detrimental to Mexico as it was to the U.S, and they are planning much much worse than just NAFTA in the very near future. After NAFTA, the poverty level in Mexico increased rather than decreased as it was sold, and instead of bringing prosperity to the U.S., it took jobs away and kept more money in the hands of more corporations. Globalism is the destruction of the middle class, leaving us two classes, the ruled and the ruling classes....globalism is one concession we cannot make..

They can make his life hell, which they are trying to do, but they cannot withhold the party.. This is definitely one fight that needs watched, because this could spell the change of the party for a long time. It's also one thing Sanders supporters and Trump supporters have in common from what I am gathering, we are both anti globalism groups. Some think this wont change the party direction, just put it on hold for a few extra years, which they are willing to do for sake of keeping the party.. others think it will change the party forever, others hope it will.

We will see, the Ryan - Trump fight is the one to watch, because it's the one that matters on these counts.
edit on 29-5-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Politicus... you're never getting the whole story from politicus. That's different than most MSM places, they at least give you the whole story (most of the time) but play up their side. Politicus completely makes up stories and blatantly leaves out any contradictory evidence.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This pretty well discredits the politicus story LINK

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: BIGPoJo

I don't think you're getting it.

He's just announced that HE IS UP FOR SALE!!!

He can't fund his campaign on his own. One of his original selling points and the thing that was supposed to make him different than the bought political scum.

So now he must sell out to whomever will pay his campaign for him to get him elected!!!

This is a BIG PROBLEM that nobody seems to be realizing here.

Wrong, he could put more of his own money in, he just doesn't think it's worth it. He's probably right as he has only spent like 35 million so far and has had more than 200 million used against him in attack ads that did next to nothing.

He is content using the GOP money because he thinks it will be enough to get him elected.
I mean really how many tv ads does trump really need, he can get on tv at will for free and has been doing it for the last year.

He has known all along the Republican Party is going to throw hundreds of millions at the nominee, he is not having to sell himself for it, they are using the money for the parties relevance.

If trump starts throwing huge fundraisers, then I might agree he is putting himself up for sale, but he has not done that.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If Trump’s campaign has truly gone bust, and he’s either unwilling, or unable, to fund it himself, then I guess that could legitimately raise some questions. But, that’s about all it will do. One way or another, I’m pretty sure the funds will be provided. Whether or not he has lied about his campaign being self-financed, or that he has inflated his personal net worth by a few hundred fold, it doesn’t really matter. After all, according to Politico, Trump either lies or misleads his audience every 5 minutes during a typical campaign speech. It’s gotten to where it’s taken for granted at this point, and mostly goes unchallenged. The general public has willingly lowered it’s moral and ethical standards to accommodate Trump’s Traveling Freak Show. Of course, this applies only to Trump.

It seems to me that no matter what happens, Trump comes out a winner. His campaign could go belly-up, the GOP could disown him, the entire Republican Party could self-destruct, he could simply quit and walkout on the party, blah, blah, blah. No matter what, Trump comes out on top. Even if he doesn’t make it to the Whitehouse, just think of all the new connections he’s made along the way. It just makes good business sense. His campaign will open the door to endless future business opportunities, and he’ll reap the rewards all the way to the bank.

Don’t get the wrong idea - Trump’s not in this to crusade for the little guy. For Trump, this whole thing has served as a mass self-promotion campaign. If it all ends tomorrow, Trump walks away smelling like a rose...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The Republicans need to run Caitlin Jenner. It's their only hope, get the 'Tranny vote and run with Bruce, his life as a woman living in a mans body. How he overcame this tremendous handicap and realize, yes, I AM WOMAN! You go Bruce....I mean Caitlin! You go girl!

You run Caitlin! You run a winner!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Will be interesting to see if the GOP expects Trump to follow orders before they pay for anything.

I don't know if they can do that or how it works, but still would be interesting.

gees, you don't think Trump would lie to the GOP?......i got a bridge to sell you if you need one.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Annee

gees, you don't think Trump would lie to the GOP?......i got a bridge to sell you if you need one.

I think Trump does whatever benefits Trump.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I have a question.

Since it's painfully obvious that trump and Hillary are both distractions, what is it that we aren't supposed to be looking at? I keep feeling like there's an axe murderer sneaking up while we are all staring at this clown show. Or maybe it's a nuke dropping on our heads.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

The Presidential elections are a "distraction?"
There is a "distraction" every 4 years?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Maybe his campaign can declare bankruptcy? Most of his gambling ventures usually do. That ought to earn him a couple of million "been there!" votes.

I'm just telling it like it is.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
And the biggest handicap of them all ?

Being a republican.

In a democrat dominated world.

The Republicans need to run Caitlin Jenner. It's their only hope, get the 'Tranny vote and run with Bruce, his life as a woman living in a mans body. How he overcame this tremendous handicap and realize, yes, I AM WOMAN! You go Bruce....I mean Caitlin! You go girl!

edit on 29-5-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Beating them to the punch? Oh you, pun master!

He mostly spent campaign donations on his airline, or plane? The rest was scattered via his hotels, restaurants, and whatnot. The guy has a business for everything.

Well that's what the money is for, right?

hillary needs $2 bil for what, like 5 months?

lol. I think Trump gets more bang for the buck.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Well if Trump throws in the towel now, we can pretty much surmise that he threw the election in favour of the Democrats, probably for Killary. The Republican won't be able to get back the momentum if they run someone else, there's not enough time. This is looking particularly suspicious.

Cheers - Dave

no it doesn't....he simply is telling the GOP to pony up the money for him from now on.....oh, and that self-funding thing?...juuuuuust another Trump lie, but again, his supporters don't care.

He didn't send and emails marked classified, did he?

The money and party is his now to do what HE wants.

Trump will show them how it can be done with pocket change.

No one has ever seen that before, they can't believe it, it's impossible!!

Bernie is gonna run out of $27 donations when people hit their limits.

Hill's $2 bil could have funded her defence team. Johnny Cochran is dead, tho.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This just in

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago

Good news is that my campaign has perhaps more cash than any campaign in the history of politics- b/c I stand 100% behind everything we do.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

All he has to do is loan more money to his campaign.

Not sure what the issue is here...

Looks like more #nevertrump people stirring the pot.

Apparently he is unwilling to do so and now wants the GOP to pick up the tab.

Was this his plan all along? Did he bring this down on himself by his insults to the republican big dogs.

I'm not willing to bring out the "i told you so" banner just yet...but the whole campaign seemed very Janky to me.

and you're just starting to get that impression now?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join