It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Silverback Gorilla shot at Cincinnati Zoo, after child falls into enclosure

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Annee

I have a feeling you would have gone all super granny and hopped in too.

Here's the deal. If you and me are ever hanging out with a kid that falls into a gorilla enclosure, I'm going to hop in, challenge the ape, when it starts beating me to a bloody pulp, you hop in, throw the kid out and scold that sombitch while it eats my eyes. You scold him good! Turn him silver all over.

Oh, You So Know It!

I'm pretty laid back, just NEVER piss me off. I have no filter when I'm pissed off.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Too much

BRB
edit on 2920160520161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

a reply to: Brotherman

Pain in my ass.

I missed him.

ETA: If anyone can find the post where someone told me I was gay for putting lipstick on my cat I will be very grateful.

Ahh my old friend has entered the building, # just got real!!!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gypsycat

I really wish they'd shown the video unedited. It was reported that the gorilla "threw" the boy at some point, but what we see in the video is just the boy seeming to be sheltered by the gorilla. clearly, if he actually did throw the child, that would be a real danger. If, on the other hand, he was moving him around to shelter him, that's another matter. I also don't understand why they couldn't use a trank. Seeing the entire video might help there.

As for how the child got into the enclosure, well, stuff happens. The setup looks pretty safe, from what we see in the news video, with railings, plants, and a nice moat. That said small children can sometimes move very, very fast, and get away from parents quicker that one might thin possible. My oldest son had a habit of trying to dive out of our arms when he was small - to the point that I told the hubby, "Do NOT hold him too close to the moats at the zoo!" The way the kid moved, it was possible for him to have fallen in, had we not been careful. So, I can see a child of four getting through. Maybe the parents weren't paying attention, and maybe it was simply a bizarre accident. Either one is possible.

I hope the child is alright. Shame about the gorilla. Erring on the side of the person is the best decision, but still sad.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Annee, I think you would have appreciated the stupid joke, but it's not acceptable.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I hope the child is alright. Shame about the gorilla. Erring on the side of the person is the best decision, but still sad.

It seems, so far, the child was not seriously injured.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Annee, I think you would have appreciated the stupid joke, but it's not acceptable.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Ha!

Explain that avatar. Is that a weasel killing a snake? Mongoose I bet. I have to type things, then it falls into place. SPart mongoose.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

my Ratell or honey badger as more commonly known, the honey badger does not give a #, and is immune to snake venom also considered one of the most violent creatures in nature as it is fearless that lions do not want nothing to do with them.

Sometimes even vermin can rise from the dirt. I represent this.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Gorilla Lives Matter

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That's the impression I got as well. I'd guess the fall was more harmful than the gorilla. He didn't look angry at all, in the little bits of video we can see. Wish we had the entire video!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Should have let natural selection run its course.

Stupid humans should be removed from the gene pool.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Yeah we should let 3 year olds fend for themselves.
Evolution in action.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I can't believe I didn't recognize honey badger (I'm pretty drunk and my up close contact appears to have fallen out so it's glasses time)! Honey badger don't care! OK we have to do the video.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Restricted

Yeah we should let 3 year olds fend for themselves.
Evolution in action.

Oh come on man have a heart obviously to me restricted meant let the parents fist fight the gorilla, I know it wouldn't hurt my feelings hearing some idiot decided hand to hand combat with an animal that can rip retards limps off and beat this idiot to death with them cant be fun and exciting.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Best Buy is always hiring.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Don't encourage him, I like the idiot chooses to fist fight the gorilla versus rational human stuff like getting jobs and stuff =D

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Enclosures to dangerous animals shouldn't be accessible to children that young, at ALL. I agree it was the right thing to do, but I really question the zoo if a 4 year old could just crawl in.

I was thinking the same thing. Every enclosure at a zoo should be strictly examined to prevent any child from breaching the enclosure. Some children are very inquisitive as this unfortunate incident has clearly shown. There was another incident of a young child falling into an enclosure some time ago. That incident should have raised red flags at zoos across the country.

It's sad the Gorilla had to lose it's life due to no fault of his own.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Phage is awesome. Be nice to Phage.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I've been known to rip an arm off.

Not my arm. Theirs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>