It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump vows to undo Obama's climate agenda in appeal to oil sector

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Are you kidding me, ATS? Is this who we want for President? Trump wants to undo all of the environmental progress that's been made by Obama because he thinks it will be good for the economy. He wants to: approve the Keystone Pipeline, pull the US out of the UN Global Climate Accord, and cancel the Paris Climate agreement among other things. Trump is a selfish businessman and nothing more.....I put this in the Fragile Earth section because Trumps policy(ies) will negatively affect the environment in a big way.

BISMARCK, N.D. (Reuters) - Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, promised on Thursday to roll back some of America's most ambitious environmental policies, actions that he said would revive the ailing U.S. oil and coal industries and bolster national security. Among the proposals, Trump said he would pull the United States out of the U.N. global climate accord, approve the Keystone XL oil pipeline from Canada and rescind measures by President Barack Obama to cut U.S. emissions and protect waterways from industrial pollution.
Until Thursday, Trump had been short on details of his energy policy. He has said he believes global warming is a hoax, that his administration would revive the U.S. coal industry, and that he supports hydraulic fracturing - an environmentally controversial drilling technique that has triggered a boom in U.S. production.

Earlier this month, he told Reuters in an interview that he would renegotiate "at a minimum" the U.N. global climate accord agreed by 195 countries in Paris last December, saying he viewed the deal as bad for U.S. business. He took that a step further in North Dakota. "We're going to cancel the Paris climate agreement," he said. Trump also promised he would invite Canadian pipeline company TransCanada to reapply to build the Keystone XL pipeline into the United States, reversing a decision by Obama to block the project over environmental concerns.

I can't believe I'm reading this, ATS. His policy(ies) may be good for business and the economy in the short term but it will have a dire effect on the economy in the long term. The economy is tied to the environment so once the environment goes to pot so does the economy. I hear that Hillary is a liar and a cheat, but Trump is much more DANGEROUS......! What says ATS?

www.yahoo.com...
edit on 28-5-2016 by lostbook because: word add

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If Trump truly want to make America great again , he needs to redact EVERYTHING this poor excuse for a president and American has done since day one. And that includes nullifying his Nobel Peace Prize . What a joke....

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
As a resident of Wyoming where Oil, Gas and Coal are the top 3 industries, I've seen the human impact of the initiative first-hand.
Things were getting a bit crowded here during the boom, I must say.
Now we're experiencing extremely high unemployment, lines at local food banks and the like.
Lots of Miners and Oil Patch out of work and nowhere to go.

ETA:
I'm still confused at how shutting down coal-fired plants here in America and moving them across the border where there is practically no regulation good for the global environment. Probably because it's more about the global economy that the global environment.
edit on 28-5-2016 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sageturkey

Nothing to do with falling prices?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Falling prices had nothing to do with executive branch policy?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yet, Trump is having a wall built to protect his golf course from sea level rise.

He is such a hypocrite.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Falling prices had nothing to do with executive branch policy?

Probably not. But why not blame them on the admin too?

But I asked if falling prices had nothing to do with:

Now we're experiencing extremely high unemployment, lines at local food banks and the like.
Lots of Miners and Oil Patch out of work and nowhere to go.

edit on 5/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Oh Indeed, it has to be profitable to drill.
I still see trainloads of Coal leaving the state hour after hour most days, I don't think that Coal prices have anything to do with that industries woes at present.
Executive Policy? Horses Mouth.

edit on 28-5-2016 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
so its logical to conclude he is now getting money from;

NRA - ban gun free zones
Banks - repeal dodd frank
Big oil - global warming is a hoax

how is this guy an outsider again ?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I was serious. Cancellation of purchase of 12million bareels to replensish the strategic reserve, releasing oil from the strategic reserve, and the threat of selling off up to 40% of our strategic reserve just a couple of months ago all have an impact in the mindset of speculators, which play a larger part in the cost of oil than they should.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy
Like this? 35 miles North of Me.
Energy Department Sells Historic Teapot Dome Oilfield

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I don't think that Coal prices have anything to do with that industries woes at present.

Could be, we are exporting a lot even though domestic use seems to be falling.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
If Trump truly want to make America great again , he needs to redact EVERYTHING this poor excuse for a president and American has done since day one. And that includes nullifying his Nobel Peace Prize . What a joke....

Is this statement based off blind hatred of Obama or based off facts? If so, why is he a poor excuse of a President? What has he done that's different from how other presidents do things? How would undo-ing everything Obama has done while in office be good for the country?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Are you kidding me, ATS? Is this who we want for President? Trump wants to undo all of the environmental progress that's been made by Obama because he thinks it will be good for the economy. He wants to: approve the Keystone Pipeline, pull the US out of the UN Global Climate Accord, and cancel the Paris Climate agreement among other things. Trump is a selfish businessman and nothing more.....I put this in the Fragile Earth section because Trumps policy(ies) will negatively affect the environment in a big way.

BISMARCK, N.D. (Reuters) - Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, promised on Thursday to roll back some of America's most ambitious environmental policies, actions that he said would revive the ailing U.S. oil and coal industries and bolster national security. Among the proposals, Trump said he would pull the United States out of the U.N. global climate accord, approve the Keystone XL oil pipeline from Canada and rescind measures by President Barack Obama to cut U.S. emissions and protect waterways from industrial pollution.
Until Thursday, Trump had been short on details of his energy policy. He has said he believes global warming is a hoax, that his administration would revive the U.S. coal industry, and that he supports hydraulic fracturing - an environmentally controversial drilling technique that has triggered a boom in U.S. production.

Earlier this month, he told Reuters in an interview that he would renegotiate "at a minimum" the U.N. global climate accord agreed by 195 countries in Paris last December, saying he viewed the deal as bad for U.S. business. He took that a step further in North Dakota. "We're going to cancel the Paris climate agreement," he said. Trump also promised he would invite Canadian pipeline company TransCanada to reapply to build the Keystone XL pipeline into the United States, reversing a decision by Obama to block the project over environmental concerns.

I can't believe I'm reading this, ATS. His policy(ies) may be good for business and the economy in the short term but it will have a dire effect on the economy in the long term. The economy is tied to the environment so once the environment goes to pot so does the economy. I hear that Hillary is a liar and a cheat, but Trump is much more DANGEROUS......! What says ATS?

www.yahoo.com...

Solar and wind technologies have been around for a long time but have failed to overtake fossil fuels as viable alternatives.
What environmental progress has Obama made? To my knowledge every company he funded is bankrupt or still behind the efficiency of traditional fuels.

I want to see our country off of coal, but the only viable option is nuclear, and that was taken off the table over 20 years ago.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The sad part of this is that even after Trump tells you to your face that he's going to undo the environmental protections we have in place because he thinks it will be good for business, people will still vote for him because of their blind hatred for Hillary. He's aiming for short term financial success at the risk of the long term health of our environment.

China and other developed countries don't have the same environmental protections we have; China and India are gross polluters and are probably responsible for most pollution in current times. Can you imagine how bad things would get if the US stopped environmental regulations we have in place because of Trump?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Is this who we want for President?

Yes.

Hopefully he can undo Obamacare and the Unconstitutional EOs that Obama created attacking the 2nd Amendment as well.

Trump is the only one talking sense.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I don't think that Coal prices have anything to do with that industries woes at present.

Could be, we are exporting a lot even though domestic use seems to be falling.

I see it as more of a demand issue than price.
The decrease in domestic use is due to the coal plants being built across the border where regulations are more lax.

The concept of integrating the energy markets of Mexico, the United States, and Canada is gaining popularity. Numerous pipelines and transmission lines already connect the United States and Canada, though few span the U.S.-Mexico border. Companies are building power plants in northern Mexico to generate electricity to satisfy rapid demand growth from industrial and residential users. Given Mexico's less burdensome environmental regulations relative to those of California, it is possible that more power plants will be planned for northern Mexico to help satisfy the energy needs of both northern Mexico and southern California. While greater integration of the United States and Mexico is progressing, Mexico should not be seen as a solution to future supply shortfalls of electricity in U.S. markets, such as what happened in California in 2001, certainly not for the short- to mid-term.

Source - An Energy Overview of Mexico
edit on 28-5-2016 by sageturkey because: SP

What I find peculiar is how one thinks that by simply pushing the Coal-Fired power plants across the border where they emit substantially more pollution due to lax regulations, is helpful to the environment? It not.
We have a Coal-Fired plant nearby that was going to be forced into closure in the last go-around, but it's still running for now.
Once it's gone, it's rumored that the electricity will be purchased from Canada. You know, the North American Union's Northern Territory...
Commi ssion: Wyoming will need to close four coal plants to meet EPA plan
edit on 29-5-2016 by sageturkey because: Changed Article to better describe situation.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Yes.

Hopefully he can undo Obamacare and the Unconstitutional EOs that Obama created attacking the 2nd Amendment as well.

What are you talking about? There hasn't been any EO from Obama regarding the 2nd amendment.

However he may replace Obamacare with Trumpcare.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Yes.

As far as I know Obama hasn't attacked the 2nd Amendment or taken anyone's guns.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Please specify which EO affects the 2nd amendment:
www.archives.gov...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join