It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU hurt my feelings and YOU can't say that!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

If you have the right to say what ever you want, then I have the right to call you what ever I want. Maybe dont get so offended over what people call you. Grow up and ignore it right?
edit on thSat, 28 May 2016 22:25:15 -0500America/Chicago520161580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: introvert

Your posts and perspective is typically unreasonable and I ignore them because you make no sense half the time.

Try making sense and I'll respond to your post.

I tried to be reasonable and bring this discussion back to the topic in the OP.

Considering my failure to do so, I respectfully bow out.

Enjoy.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I see the "Rat Pack" have arrived and are in Full Offensive mode......
edit on 28-5-2016 by tommo39 because: word

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Wahhhhh! You hurt my feelings when you said that!!

Bahh, wrong!

Only you can control your feelings and it's about damn time you take ownership over the way you feel and stop trying to police other peoples language.

Let's take a look at the word ownership and see what it means...

Google

own·er·ship
ˈōnərˌSHip/
noun
noun: ownership; plural noun: ownerships

the act, state, or right of possessing something.

The right of possessing something. YOU possess your own feelings, they are not mine to determine. They are yours and only you can effect them. Feeling victimized by my words is a choice YOU make for yourself, not one that I make for you. In todays world of safe spaces and everybody wins if you say something someone finds offensive, or derogatory they feel they have the moral high ground or the moral authority to take your right of free speech away and this is the beginning of a bigger problem. The scariest part of this entire paradigm is that is a small minority of the population who are attempting to and beginning to succeed in taking control of the public narratives to the point of where our presidential hopefuls are having to comment on things such as what bathrooms are we aloud to use.

Thought crime, spoken of in Orwell's 1984 is the basis for and beginning of an authoritarianism that we are seeing really popping its head up during this years election cycle in a way I've never seen before... all the way down to what bathroom people are using.

Thoughtcrime Wiki

The term was popularized in the dystopian novel Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell, wherein thoughtcrime is the criminal act of holding unspoken beliefs or doubts that oppose or question the ruling party. In the book, the government attempts to control not only the speech and actions, but also the thoughts of its subjects.

In this case we are speaking about the far left and extreme liberal logic, where we have to use the proper gender pronouns depending on the pronoun someone chooses to be called by based on some gender spectrum. Not that I inherently have a problem with this but I have a problem with the fact that these issues are being used to control and divide to implement a more direct system of control, control of our speech patterns and thoughts.

This is a scary trend and I am not confident that the younger generations are going to break this trend. With the destruction and perversion of our school systems at both a local and college level, our children are being used against us to further this agenda.

(I'm tired this thread may be all over the place)

Seems that people crying about their feelings being hurt has hurt your feelings. Should they stop saying their feeling are hurt because you say that your feelings are hurt? Looks like "what is being used against us" is working on you.

You are right about one thing, though. If strangers can hurt your feelings, you are the problem not them.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I'm a little out of touch on this issue- I only see traces of it on the net, when people complain about people who complain about it. I don't know what kind of craziness is actually happening in the US now.

I do know that when my husband came to the US, (way back in the end of the eighties) he laughed his head off when he heard someone say "You hurt my feelings". Especially since it was what my five year old brother would say whenever he was told what to do and it wasn't what he wanted to do.

He was not familiar with the idea of having your "feelings hurt" by someones words, and saw it right away as a form of manipulation. That was the first time I saw how the fresh view of a foreigner can sometimes make things clear for you. Like the kid who points out the empereur is naked! "Oh yeah... you're right...I hadn't really paid attention..."

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
He was not familiar with the idea of having your "feelings hurt" by someones words, and saw it right away as a form of manipulation.

I thought of it that way as well at first. But isn't it merely a way of social interaction for a group of people? Because it suggests you have to be considerate with eachother, acknowledge eachothers' presence, you actually have some kind of power or social control and there is a positive opposite namely saying something which would make them feel good. Assuming the way of thinking is based on equal understanding and being considerate goes both ways. It could work, but maybe on another planet where things are more fair and there aren't things like 60 people having as much money as everyone else together.

Even though it appears strange, you say something and the other acts like you actually physically struck them and caused bruises, while that happened all in the mind of the other. It's not the manipulative element though why I wouldn't want it. It just appears unempowering, as if you are dependent on the others' opinion of you is how you may feel about yourself. In the long run it'll just produce people unable to make up their own minds and depend upon medication to feel good. Plus who would want to imagine themselves getting injured? It resembles the physical act of cutting oneself when feeling depressed, but then blaming the other for doing so.
edit on 29-5-2016 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

I think it is like anything - good for you in moderation, and can be abused if used irresponsibly.

LIke my little brother who used that excuse whenever he was told he needed to turn off the video game and go to bed, it can be used to manipulate others.

Though I agree, we need to be able to let each other know what our sensitivities are, to help facilitate interaction (amongst those who know and care about us).

But there is a limit at which we need to be realistic and recognize that we need to have a thick enough skin so that we are not ending up tyrannizing others with our feelings passive aggressively. As a teenage girl, I had to face this and make effort , and it" hurt my feelings" to do so, but sometimes that is just necessary !
edit on 29-5-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39

I see the "Rat Pack" have arrived and are in Full Offensive mode......

Haha. I know. You see how I dealt with it this time?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

But there is a limit at which we need to be realistic and recognize that we need to have a thick enough skin so that we are not ending up tyrannizing others with our feelings passive aggressively. As a teenage girl, I had to face this and make effort , and it" hurt my feelings" to do so, but sometimes that is just necessary !

This right here. Time for everyone to toughen up a little.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: spav5

Seems that people crying about their feelings being hurt has hurt your feelings. Should they stop saying their feeling are hurt because you say that your feelings are hurt? Looks like "what is being used against us" is working on you.

This is a discussion forum ok?

This strawman is weak and it's used a lot.

We're here to discuss things you can say everything on this forum is complaining if you want.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

We're here to discuss things you can say everything on this forum is complaining if you want.

isn't it a forum everywhere? Your snowflake defense is not working. What makes the forum you choose so special? See how that works?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

a reply to: introvert

Your posts and perspective is typically unreasonable and I ignore them because you make no sense half the time.

Try making sense and I'll respond to your post.

This is your usual go to answer when someone challenges your way of thinking and here I thought you were some kind of fighter.

At what point was the way of thinking challenged ???

It is like you have gone back a full 16 months and are de-evolving, and here we thought you were making progress.......

Please choose which side you are going to fight for, it is tiring watching you switch back and forth.......I have a VERY GOOD CREEPY MEMORY

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Not sure I understand but I fight for no one but me and mine.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: spav5

isn't it a forum everywhere? Your snowflake defense is not working. What makes the forum you choose so special? See how that works?

Why are you defending the other snowflakes that are crying about him hurting feelings when they are doing the same thing according to your previous post ???

The fact you got so many stars for it shows the tears were flowing and they were angry about it, so they are ALLOWED to cry and others are not..........

A forum everywhere ??? So why cry about everything that people are saying about you, maybe take a look in the mirror and assess the REAL reasons you are crying, so we do not have our feelings hurt anymore by listening to you cry.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: ParasuvO

Not sure I understand but I fight for no one but me and mine.

I think a key problem here, is just that which you have just posted, a clear inability to see from the perspective of others.

I had experienced a lot of bullying and hurtful things being said in my youth, but looking upon it now, and what is taking place today are two different things.

We are being asked to go full retard, like a pendulum that is going in 3 directions, and the people who are crying the loudest, who are the ones who are CLEARLY the most unstable, are being given the floor and told the pain they feel is the problem and responsibility of everyone else to now coddle them or ELSE.

Never going to work this way, try getting some confidence and finding ways to get healthy, perhaps THAT should be the real goals....

Personally, I am getting involved in figuring out how to make this possible, for now it sure is weird watching stupidity and depravity getting the most defense by a COUNTRY MILE.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The Bill of Non-Rights:
ARTICLE I: You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV, or any other form of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but no one is guaranteeing anything.

ARTICLE II: You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc.; but the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be.

ARTICLE III: You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful, do not expect the tool manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy.

ARTICLE IV: You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes.

ARTICLE V: You do not have the right to free health care. That would be nice, but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in public health care.

ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised if the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair.

ARTICLE VII: You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you rob, cheat, or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don't be surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV or a life of leisure.

ARTICLE VIII: You do not have the right to a job. All of us sure want you to have a job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you to take advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training laid before you to make yourself useful.

ARTICLE IX: You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means that you have the right to PURSUE happiness, which by the way, is a lot easier if you are unencumbered by an over abundance of idiotic laws created by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights.

ARTICLE X: This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you are from, English is our language. Learn it or go back to wherever you came from! (lastly....) NOW..

ARTICLE XI: You do not have the right to change our country's history or heritage. This country was founded on the belief in one true God. And yet, you are given the freedom to believe in any religion, any faith, or no faith at all; with no fear of persecution. The phrase IN GOD WE TRUST is part of our heritage and history, and if you are uncomfortable with it, TOUGH!!!!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: spav5

Why are you defending the other snowflakes that are crying about him hurting feelings when they are doing the same thing according to your previous post ???

The fact you got so many stars for it shows the tears were flowing and they were angry about it, so they are ALLOWED to cry and others are not..........

A forum everywhere ??? So why cry about everything that people are saying about you, maybe take a look in the mirror and assess the REAL reasons you are crying, so we do not have our feelings hurt anymore by listening to you cry.

I am not defending. He used the word snowflake. People can cry about what ever they want. But don't cry about other people crying and pretend that you are not crying.
edit on 30-5-2016 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

Edit: He is the one who exempted himself, as a crybaby, because of the forum he has chosen to cry in...The crybabies he is talking about also chose a forum to cry in but according to him that forum is not as special as his. I examine myself everyday. Do you?
edit on 30-5-2016 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Such an original thread. I'd never thought of this concept before; certainly, I'd never heard it brought up on ATS. The OP took a really bold stance that's unpopular on this site. He wasn't preaching to the choir at all, nor was he fishing for stars, flags, or confirmation of his beliefs. He definitely didn't prove his hypocrisy at a comical number of different points in this discussion.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mulder85

Lol, even funnier is that the op did the same type of rant a couple of years ago.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Hey, watch it now; only creepy snowflakes can remember things from a couple years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join