It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU hurt my feelings and YOU can't say that!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I am not a their, I am a they please get it right or I will have to report you to the proper authorities.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
The constant upheaval of this victim mentality is absurd. When people use papercuts as examples, they make a mockery of stab woulds. We used to call people like this pious, vain or just outright assholes. Now we are forced to call them by whatever "gender" they decide to come up with tomorrow.

We live in victim society.

I have really been enjoying Jocko Wllinks podcast and perspective on extreme ownership lately. Under normal circumstances his podcast would be to macho for me, but in todays world it give me some good balance.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Feelings are autonomous responses of the nervous system, they're pretty well instinctual. Emotions are what happens when we feed-back into these feeling states with a cognitive component. Sorry, just trips me out when people talk about their feelings as if they have control of them, they don't, what they have the control of is in strengthening or deadening the feedback mechanisms as they see fit for their lives.

I do think it's very childish and weak when someone expects you to change your stance on something just because they can't handle the truth of a situation. If the truth hurts, learn to live with it, don't plea to me to color it up and apologize for being the way I am.

I don't go out of my way to be a dick, but my respect for the truth supersedes this willingness to play nice.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I agree with at least the second half of your post.

I take ownership for the way I feel, I don't put my insecurities off on others I try to work them out. Try being the operative word, it's not a 100% always thing but damn sure better believe the effort exist.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: In4ormant

Stretching a little there.

No stretch needed. I only used their own words to show the folly in their opinion.

Your strawman is weak my friend. He did not imply, as you did, that people who are forced to hear degrading speech against their will, ie. children and abused wives, is who he is talking about.

It's perfectly obvious that he's referring to people who are allowed to take offense and be coddled as victims at almost any speech, not just hate speech, because they don't like it.

edit on 28-5-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
The constant upheaval of this victim mentality is absurd. When people use papercuts as examples, they make a mockery of stab woulds. We used to call people like this pious, vain or just outright assholes. Now we are forced to call them by whatever "gender" they decide to come up with tomorrow.

We live in victim society.

I have really been enjoying Jocko Wllinks podcast and perspective on extreme ownership lately. Under normal circumstances his podcast would be to macho for me, but in todays world it give me some good balance.

I have not heard of him but I may have to check that out

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Oh yeah, if you can handle Joe Rogan he did an interview on there and he has his own podcast.

Hes a retired Navy SEAL task force commander.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you get all snowflake on us a couple of Christmas ago with the whole selling breaking bad toys in a toy store?

I think it's kind of funny you being offended by people who get offended.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I am not a their, I am a they please get it right or I will have to report you to the proper authorities.

So you make personal attacks instead of actually addressing the issue?

Jesus. This is the second thread of your's today that you go off-topic because you cannot defend your assertions.

Also, 'their' is the grammatically correct word to use in my statement.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Then the "mods' get called and the Whaaaaaambulance comes in and sensors your post because you may have potentially possibly perhaps pissed someone off.

Censorship in any form or fashion is not conducive to honest discourse. If someone is always sour, the majority will eventually stop responding. If censorship is introduced, the true opinions will be stifled/censored and you will end up with 'nosebleed' drivel that is politically correct meaningless to everyone and useful to no-one.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I'm simply pointing out that I prefer you call me "they" and not "their".

How is that a personal attack?

Are you delusional?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you get all snowflake on us a couple of Christmas ago with the whole selling breaking bad toys in a toy store?

I think it's kind of funny you being offended by people who get offended.

Huh?

What do you follow me around recording everything I do to bring it up years later? Hell i dont even remember.

Puhhlease.

I feel like you're the leader of my fan club or something.
edit on 5/28/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

It's perfectly obvious that he's referring to people who are allowed to take offense and be coddled as victims at almost any speech, not just hate speech, because they don't like it.

He said this:

Wahhhhh! You hurt my feelings when you said that!! Bahh, wrong! Only you can control your feelings and it's about damn time you take ownership over the way you feel and stop trying to police other peoples language.

The right of possessing something. YOU possess your own feelings, they are not mine to determine. They are yours and only you can effect them. Feeling victimized by my words is a choice YOU make for yourself, not one that I make for you.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
Then the "mods' get called and the Whaaaaaambulance comes in and sensors your post because you may have potentially possibly perhaps pissed someone off.

Censorship in any form or fashion is not conducive to honest discourse. If someone is always sour, the majority will eventually stop responding. If censorship is introduced, the true opinions will be stifled/censored and you will end up with 'nosebleed' drivel that is politically correct meaningless to everyone and useful to no-one.

It's almost as if you are a prophet.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I'm simply pointing out that I prefer you call me "they" and not "their".

How is that a personal attack?

Are you delusional?

Your first post was personal...counting down the minutes, and then compared me to Stretch Armstrong.

Discuss the damn issue and stop being offended at my desire to discuss this logically, not like a pissed-off teenager that cannot control their emotions.

Isn't that what your OP is all about? Control yourself and address the topic.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Pahleease; you believe it's true so everyone else that disagrees with you is wrong...

Not very multi-perspective.

However, I guess you must be correct because you understand:@

feed-back into these feeling states with a cognitive component

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I have a great memory.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Now I'm im a pissed off teenager?

Ok... here's an idea..

Actually read what your input has been in this thread and think about it for a second before posting your next response and let me know if any of it actually makes any sense for me.

It's really hard to have a conversation with someone who is totally detached from reality.

link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: In4ormant

He said this:

Wahhhhh! You hurt my feelings when you said that!! Bahh, wrong! Only you can control your feelings and it's about damn time you take ownership over the way you feel and stop trying to police other peoples language.

The right of possessing something. YOU possess your own feelings, they are not mine to determine. They are yours and only you can effect them. Feeling victimized by my words is a choice YOU make for yourself, not one that I make for you.

Yep. Don't see any reference to him being upset that people won't deal with his psychological and verbal abuse.

link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I have a great memory.

That's amazing. I recommend writing a book.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join