It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No One Will Know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
“No one will know”, Petya reassured himself. “Not until I’m long gone.” He was all too familiar with the potential consequences that come with defecting to the west. Especially since he was often judge, jury, and executioner to many that betrayed their Russian homeland.
He lights a half smoked cigarillo in attempt to calm himself before he makes his attempt across the border. His false mustache brushing against the filter held tightly between his quivering lips. “Here we go”, he hesitantly whispers to himself and he puts his car in gear, and heads to the checkpoint marked “HALT HIER GRENZE”.

“Papers!”, the aggressive Russian guard demanded, observing the slight tremble in Petya’s hand. Looking at the identification document, the sentry is overcome with the realization of who’s sitting in front of him. “Out of the car. Now!”, he exclaims. Another Russian guard approaches the car, breaks the window with the stock of his rifle, and drags Petya out of the window frame by his collar. He begs for mercy as he’s dragged into an interrogation room only feet away from the border crossing. “Please let me go”, he pleads. “I have money. I will pay you”. Without saying a single world, the two Russian guards leave the room. One returns to his post, and the other goes into the other room to make a phone call.

Petya, holding on tightly to the idea of his wishful outcome, continues to reassure himself that the guard will take the bribe. Quietly, the guard walks back into the room. “How much money do you have?”, he asks. Before Petya can even answer him, the soldier draws his Makarov from his brown leather holster and puts a bullet in-between his eyes and smirks with a sense of accomplishment. He had won a trophy. A trophy that could not be bought.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jaymp

Very nice! I also dig the eye shadow!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ok I gave you a flag and your box says 0 flags?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Kept me on the page!

Your avatar reminds me of this fat (whatever) that is on Japanese TV. Not sure if it is a man or woman, but i think a man trying to be a woman, maybe the mind of that person is twisted or was born that way.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Meh. The ending was kinda retarded. I wrapped it up too soon. But thank you.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I thought is was great!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

It's not a bad premise. I'm already in the process of expanding it. I want him to be this poster child for communism and Russian war hero, and then give him a abrupt political and ideological awakening. He doesn't defect for money or blackmail. He defects because of some trauma that effects his entire outlook on life. That feels powerful to me.

new topics

top topics

join