It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EL BUSTED: Telemundo caught staging #NeverTrump Mexicans for camera shot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
Whether or not he was staging anything, isn't important as the PEOPLE featured in this video.

Not important?? It's the whole premise of the OP. So I think it's at least a little important.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

When did I say they were illegal? They could be I guess. I don't see how that is relevant, though.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

So having them stand in the street, which is where they were already walking, is asking them to stand in a certain spot?

Telling them the flag they were already carrying is upside down is staging them?

Mmmkay.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

So having them stand in the street, which is where they were already walking, is asking them to stand in a certain spot?

Telling them the flag they were already carrying is upside down is staging them?

Mmmkay.

Why not just film them and mention in the report that they couldn't even hold the flag right side up.
Oh, yeah.
That would be accurate reporting.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Meh. I don't see the camerman's actions as any more or less staging than the youtuber making sure he screamed that it was being staged over and over again.

Both were done to ensure the desired response.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyrrho

I thought you were saying they were illegal by being in the wrong country. I guess you just meant that they were Mexican Citizens then?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Asking people who are already protesting to stop for a minute so you can get a shot of them is not sensationalizing it any more than it already was.

when you instruct them how to pose it is.

*ETA - and when you have to inform them their flag is upside down...well go telemundo.

edit on 28-5-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Meh. I don't see the camerman's actions as any more or less staging than the youtuber making sure he screamed that it was being staged over and over again.

Both were done to ensure the desired response.

I don't equate a youtuber with a Telemundo team.
Although maybe a journalism degree isn't required to work for Telemundo.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You guys are reaching so hard for a story here it's pathetic. You must know how desperate it is too which makes it even funnier.

What a bunch of clowns. You remind me of some school yard little girls all worked up over some lame gossip that nobody else even cares about.

There is zero story here and you all know it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
You guys are reaching so hard for a story here it's pathetic. You must know how desperate it is too which makes it even funnier.

What a bunch of clowns. You remind me of some school yard little girls all worked up over some lame gossip that nobody else even cares about.

There is zero story here and you all know it.

And who called you a name?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I don't remember anyone calling me a name, why???

Did I hurt your feelings by saying you're all clowns???

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The story is not staging. The protest generates -5 sympathy. We see here that mexican americans feel they have an identity to mexico instead of the united states...where they are living. where many chose to move to.

How does this turn out historically? when a large population inside a country has its allegiance to another country?...terribly.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Which is why I think they need to stop waving the Mexico flag around during these protests. It's stupid. I'm not sure what their message is either. Because waving the Mexico flag means they are either Invading on behalf of Mexico or that they Represent the Nation of Mexico.

So if they're doing that while actually being American Citizens it really makes no sense at all. I mean nobody is stopping them from going to Mexico if they like it better.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyrrho

A reporter is supposed to report what is happening; they are not directors that ask people to stop what they are doing for a photo op. Directing people for the news is an egregious violation of the public trust and completely opposite of fair and unbiased media. could it be that your political bias is coercing your statement?!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Really funny situation isn't it? I agree and wonder when Americlowns are gonna get angry with other nations because all the Genius jobs are getting taken.....

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Shamrock6

Trump supporters, they infest this site along with many conservatives that's why. You want flags and stars? Post threads that are anti Muslim, anti Immigrant/Latino, all things under the sun pro right wing, and of course pro Trump. That will get you to the top of the mountain!

Flags and stars?! what exactly do you cash your 'flags & stars' in for? Why would anyone post to get worthless and meaningless kudos from people you don't know and probably never meet?! Sounds kinda like a Red Herring argument to me....

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I don't remember anyone calling me a name, why???

Did I hurt your feelings by saying you're all clowns???

No.
I was just pointing out that while some members are pointing out a few facts, you have resorted to namecalling.
I thought maybe you would have recognized that from my post, sorry that I presumed that.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I actually see this as a natural progression of social activism and political protesting. Think back to the 60s and 70s and 80s and ask yourself what has changed such that ALL protests are now something that ALL people, globally, can participate in.

Just yesterday I was at a protest in California from a pub in Fremantle.

In 2016, the majority main stream media runs with the ethos that 'it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you look playing the game'. As for this particular situation, the only thing strange is that he got busted staging a situation for political purposes.

He really needs to learn from the best like FOX or CNN or one of the other big players that stage propaganda as a core directive.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

What facts??? There is no story here. He asked them to pose for a shot holding the flag they were already carrying. Yes, journalists do this all the time. You're insane if you think they don't. Not every shot is candid.

There is no story here. I can't believe you people are still pushing it like you are. It's amazing the amount of pure propaganda and lies that are being pushed around here.

ATS has completely gone to hell because of it. I'm embarrassed to even be a member here now because of it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Why hang around to name call if you no interest in this story?

Just to be mean?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join