It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani men can beat wives 'lightly,' Islamic council says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well Here we go with the Religion/Political/Government agenda that revolves around 'peace'

The leader of a Pakistani Islamic council has proposed a bill that allows husbands to "lightly beat" their wives as a form of discipline.

Wow that's very progressive and nice...

"A husband should be allowed to lightly beat his wife if she defies his commands and refuses to dress up as per his desires; turns down demand of intercourse without any religious excuse or does not take bath after intercourse or menstrual periods,"

Source

It has suggested that a beating is also permissible if a woman does not observe Hijab; interacts with strangers; speaks loud enough that she can easily be heard by strangers; and provides monetary support to people without taking consent of her spouse.

And of course the great Religion/Political/Government of peace objects to violence against women right?

Council of Islamic Ideology (CII) that advises the government on the compatibility of laws with Islam on Thursday declared a new law that criminalises violence against women to be “un-Islamic.”

Source

I am sick and tired of any group that advocates violence for any reason! I am so sick of it I am thinking of violence (joke).

This is my rant; it is not political but has political content, it is not governmental but has governmental content, it is not religious but has religious content....

CNN Source

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yep. They're still residing in the 19th century.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Arab researchers have invented a time machine able to teleport an entire country back to the Medieval age. They called it Islam.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
And what are the third wave feminist doing to help the situation??...

I see tumble weed......

Oh no that's right they are bashing white western men..

RA

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Why is it feminists responsibility to fix what is happening in Pakistan? Why can't men help? What exactly are white western men doing to help this situation, or any man for that matter, except merely commenting that it is happening.

We all fail here.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: primespickle
a reply to: slider1982

Why is it feminists responsibility to fix what is happening in Pakistan? Why can't men help? What exactly are white western men doing to help this situation, or any man for that matter, except merely commenting that it is happening.

We all fail here.

Well lets think,

Modern feminist do sweet FA for women's rights, this situation is yet one of many such as the forced sex slaves of the Yazidis that will not get any Youtube videos or any of the higher profile feminist commenting about it... Remember the Scientist that had his life made a misery all because he wore a bowling shirt (that a female friend had given him) to a press conference that should have been the highlight of his career.. But no, modern feminist went out to attack him. It is weak situations like this that make me make such statements as I posted..

www.theguardian.com...

The easy (so called) targets are well know in all social media yet when we have real world serious issues concerning women and their rights we hear bugger all...

RA

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

There is no such thing as a "light beating". Is it a beating? yes, it is. It is not a "nonbeating". Beatings should be illegal to or from either gender.

What next? "light murder?"

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
Yep. They're still residing in the 19th century.

Middle Ages, some refer to this as the dark ages! The 19th century was more civilized!

top topics

join