It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Very First Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Navarro

I was a caddie as a young teenager and I thought "why don't car makers put dimples on cars for better mpg like golf ball makers put on golf balls to make them go farther?" Then I realized car companies wanted bad mpg.

Even when I saw mythbusters try it I was upset, they put huge dimples about the size of a saucer on a car and it still worked.

They work by having a pocket of air cushion the wind Resistance.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
As a teener I was intrigued and very concerned when it appeared that an organized group of serial killers, rapists, and kidnappers was operating in the US.
Tara Calico went missing then a photo, maybe of her and a boy bound and gagged, was found. Henry Lee Lucas and Son of Sam told similar stories, and in my reading the Process Church kept popping up. Manson had ties to the Process.
In the decades since then I have found people smarter than I, who were able to put the pieces together and it is horrifying. All is connected. The Page Scandal, Boys Town, hundreds of headless bodies in Juarez, and our very own
maquino.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I've been fascinated with the paranormal and UFO's since about four or five, but the first real conspiracy I remember hearing about was JFK.

During college, I was always stopped by random locals around the UT campus who would tell me all sorts of conflicting versions of the Tower Shooter Charles Whitman. Some said he knew exactly who he was aiming for, something about a "cult" on campus that he was charged with "taking out". I listened, but never really had much to muse upon in regards to things back then, too many real world studies.

Listened to Alex Jones on am radio back then, we mostly joked around and laughed about his claims.

Read the Weekly World News somewhat religiously.

When folks were just starting to become aware of the hole in the ozone layer and the use of CFC's in aerosol cans, all the girls were lamenting the choice between their big poofy hairdo's or saving the environment. I basically told them straight up the hole in the ozone layer was intentionally caused by their hairspray by the big corporations so more sunscreen would sell to combat the increased UV Radiation.

Don't know if that's true or not, but soon after those big poofy hairdoo's calmed down to a more "eco-friendly" look.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

How could God exist? I was really young (elementary school), and was already asking my dad how could "God" write a book? How could he be all around us, and yet be invisible? At the time, I saw my first ghost, so I guess you could say I was confused.

And I'll include this one as well, as it took place maybe two years later - Was I adopted? I kidd you not - I was having a hard time figuring out why it was that I didn't have any of the same physical traits as my other siblings/family members (my eye and hair color don't match the immediate family). Even my friends noticed I wasn't quite like the rest of the family. I actually continued to question this until high school, when I realized I look just like my dad did when he was my age. If it weren't for that, I'd say I was switched at birth.

-fossilera

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Alex Jones stole my virginity. He raped me! ;-(

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
It was either that stupid Alex Jones Owl Farm video or the one about how the government was building prisons to hold American citizens and they were going to declare martial law any day now. That was probably 15 years ago. Still waiting. Whatever gets me out of my boring job. They had these ridiculous pictures of empty rail yards that were suppose to be where we would be unloaded and confined. So dumb. You can really get people to believe any crap you put on the Internet.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Don't know if this counts or not. As we are talking about when we were children loch Ness and Bigfoot really intrigued me. I'm pretty sure nessie is completely made up at this point. But I do believe something is out there when it comes to Squatch.

I had always heard about jfk and up here in Canada our teacher actually talked about the conspiracy a little bit. But didn't get much into it until years later.

I'd have to say 9 11 was the big eye opener. The thing right away that stood out to me was about passport that somehow was found after an explosion and a building collapsed on it. That was talked about in the first couple of days and I thought that was fishy straight away.
I didn't hear about building 7 til years later.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: KalDarryl
Don't know if this counts or not. As we are talking about when we were children loch Ness and Bigfoot really intrigued me. I'm pretty sure nessie is completely made up at this point. But I do believe something is out there when it comes to Squatch.

I had always heard about jfk and up here in Canada our teacher actually talked about the conspiracy a little bit. But didn't get much into it until years later.

I'd have to say 9 11 was the big eye opener. The thing right away that stood out to me was about passport that somehow was found after an explosion and a building collapsed on it. That was talked about in the first couple of days and I thought that was fishy straight away.
I didn't hear about building 7 til years later.

It's interesting how Sasquatch and The Loch Ness Monster are rather segregated from other conspiracy theories. Many think they're entirely plausible, while other attribute them to campfire "ghost stories" popularized by hunters and fishermen. Personally, I compare such phenomena to the mythology of our a ancient ancestors. Fire-breathing dragons and gods knocking up virgin women. There might be some truth to these stories, but I think we can all agree that enormous dragons weren't burning down villages with their breath, and Mary probably just gave Joseph a pretty good excuse as to how she managed to become pregnant while away on a trip to her hometown for several months.

I was in high school on September 11th. My shop teacher walked into my civics class and informed us of the attack, and my Civics teacher turned on the television, where we saw the buildings burning. Earlier that day my shop teacher had been teaching us about structural integrity, and we practiced designing bridges using CAD. I asked my shop teacher if he thought the integrity of the towers had been compromised, and whether or not the buildings might collapse. He responded that skyscrapers are specifically designed to withstand terrorist attacks, including fire and explosions. The buildings could be gutted, but the structure would remain intact. It wasn't long before I was back at home, where I saw the towers collapse, and it looked exactly like the controlled demolition videos I'd seen in class only a few days before. I was immediately here on ATS, wondering what really happened.

Of course, a fire hot enough to melt concrete and steel but not passports is somewhat suspicious. So too is practically everything else which occurred that day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join