It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most millennial men don’t identify as masculine, 1-in-5 actually identify as feminine

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: InTheLight

You are attempting to change attitudes I am not attempting to change yours, you are the one rooting for social engineering you are the bigot.

I am attempting to teach you about changing norms within society, you are free to reject or accept these facts.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

You are exactly right. Which is why the whole argument that trans kids are being influenced to be that way by their parents is a crock. A child knows as young as 2 what gender they identify with. It's innate. Not taught.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Deferring to intellectual superiority, yea typical feminist. Like I said, it's fine that you think gender has no basis outside of social conditioning, which is convientant because you wish to use social conditioning to change gender meanings, how's that working out for you?
edit on 29-5-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Self-identification??????

How on earth can a healthy male identify himself as a female?

How can it be a self identification process, when people are being heavily influenced by our society?

Let's go back to the caveman time. Can you imagine a guy identifying himself as a female and staying in cave instead of hunting and providing food for him and his family? He would not reproduce, no female would choose to be with him.

edit on 29-5-2016 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2016 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

Yes... Natural insticts are a personal choice. (sarcasm)

My natural urges don't run me, my intellect does.

If we are going by that logic than your own thought process has been influenced. You cannot know something that has not already been known. Every thought you have is a sting of thoughts based on things previously discussed or read about. Every word you know, every definition is bias...by your logic,

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Deferring to intellectual superiority, yea typical feminist. Like I said, it's fine that you think gender has no basis outside of social conditioning, which is convientant because you wish to use social conditioning to change gender meanings, how's that working out for you?

You deferred to my intellect being superior, not I. You don't need me to change gender meanings because they are already changed and being changing by others.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

These kinds of people aren't true feminists, they are the convoluted love children of the SJW community and the extreme liberalistic way of thinking. All they know how to do is regurgitate Buzz words and would rather spend their time studying free thinking than actual science and understanding.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Self-identification??????

How on earth can a healthy male identify himself as a female?

How can it be a self identification process, when people are being heavily influenced by our society?

Let's go back to the caveman time. Can you imagine a guy identifying himself as a female and staying in cave instead of hunting and providing food for him and his family? He would not reproduce, no female would choose to be with him.

That is not what this thread is about. Not masculine changing to feminine (OP not providing definitions or contrasts to same), but rather millennial men allegedly becoming feminized (OP provides no definition as to what feminized is) from the OP's fawlty study provided.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

These kinds of people aren't true feminists, they are the convoluted love children of the SJW community and the extreme liberalistic way of thinking. All they know how to do is regurgitate Buzz words and would rather spend their time studying free thinking than actual science and understanding.

Provide us with the science then.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Listen, I don't have much argument in regards to these trans folks, I don't really care either, I haven't investigated much into it, and I know these people are suffering internally, and that's very sad, perhaps dysphoria is involved. never the less I don't take a hard position on that topic, and I'm not bigoted towards them, I do have problems with the sexual caricatures or transvestites that parade themselves in very uncomfortable manners,and often just for the reason of being noticed. however, transgenders who are transitioning and do not behave that way, they should use the bathroom they have been using and identify with, also to note we are talking about an extremely small percent of the population, we are talking about the exception and not the rule, though feminists are raising this issue up because it helps establish the "gender neutral" argument using an exception to do so.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

a reply to: kaylaluv

Listen, I don't have much argument in regards to these trans folks, I don't really care either, I haven't investigated much into it, and I know these people are suffering internally, and that's very sad, perhaps dysphoria is involved. never the less I don't take a hard position on that topic, and I'm not bigoted towards them, I do have problems with the sexual caricatures or transvestites that parade themselves in very uncomfortable manners,and often just for the reason of being noticed. however, transgenders who are transitioning and do not behave that way, they should use the bathroom they have been using and identify with, also to note we are talking about an extremely small percent of the population, we are talking about the exception and not the rule, though feminists are raising this issue up because it helps establish the "gender neutral" argument using an exception to do so.

The gender neutral argument needs to be brought into the light, even if it addresses the human rights of even one person in our society.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

As someone who claims to have superior intelligence, I am sure you are capable of finding it. It's easy. But if you run into a snag I would be happy to help after 5pm central time.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

As someone who claims to have superior intelligence, I am sure you are capable of finding it. It's easy. But if you run into a snag I would be happy to help after 5pm central time.

You claim I have superior intelligence, why is that? And I suggest you use the same advice to look for that scientific proof so lacking in your posts.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I had a mom and two sisters and one TV in the house when I was growing up.

They LOVED to watch Oprah, so as a consequence, I watched Oprah with them sometimes. I got it in my head when I was younger that women liked sensitive guys who expressed their feelings and such like they did. Sort of like a weird male feminist. It was'nt until I got a little older that I realized most women really don't want their men to act anywhere near emotional like they do.

I wonder if this survey is actually just reflecting those same lines of thinking seeing as how men in their 30's and on identify as "mostly masculine" (whatever the hell that means). And its just youngsters that identify as "more feminine".

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Just the way you are acting. Also I am at work and when I have tried to copy links on my phone it comes out jumbled and messed up. You asked for links and I'll be happy to provide them when I am at home and on my personal computer.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

No you are misunderstanding the "gender neutral argument" purports that gender is not biologically based or innate, and you are using the plight of transgenders to make this argument, which is actually a disservice to transgenders as pointed out by kaylaluv.
edit on 29-5-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
I had a mom and two sisters and one TV in the house when I was growing up.

They LOVED to watch Oprah, so as a consequence, I watched Oprah with them sometimes. I got it in my head when I was younger that women liked sensitive guys who expressed their feelings and such like they did. Sort of like a weird male feminist. It was'nt until I got a little older that I realized most women really don't want their men to act anywhere near emotional like they do.

I wonder if this survey is actually just reflecting those same lines of thinking seeing as how men in their 30's and on identify as "mostly masculine" (whatever the hell that means). And its just youngsters that identify as "more feminine".

Being overly emotional vs. sensitive, compassionate and caring are worlds apart.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

No you are misunderstanding the "gender neutral argument" purports that gender is not biologically based or innate, and you are using the plight of transgenders to make this argument, which is actually a disservice to transgenders as pointed out by kaylaluv.

I am using the argument of human rights for all as my argument, that being the crux of gender neutrality. You have learning issues.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Just the way you are acting. Also I am at work and when I have tried to copy links on my phone it comes out jumbled and messed up. You asked for links and I'll be happy to provide them when I am at home and on my personal computer.

So are you saying the way my intellect and thought processes work and my giving forth my difference of opinion somehow offends you?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Oh so now you are going to call me names, I don't have any learning issues, you are using the plight of transgender people for your socially engineering cause, it's disgusting and dishonest. As I said genders are biologically based, deal with it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join