It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most millennial men don’t identify as masculine, 1-in-5 actually identify as feminine

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I agree, as my 83 year old mother said to me recently "Women are so much stronger than men but in different ways". It really is not about being more or less masculine or feminine (whatever biased description each of us cling to for comfort or self-deception - where is your comfort level?) but in personal preferences of life choices and self-identification through conditioning and fitting in with societal changes, which include taking hormones/steroids to balance whatever deficiency some decide they must correct - again, a life or self-identification choice.

So now it is bias to perceive yourself as feminine? If societal "norms" did not exist, then why would people feel the need to take hormones or get plastic surgery to look more like one gender or the other? Masculine and Feminine do exist... in a lot of ways, not just in human nature but ALL of nature.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
What's interesting about these threads, no ats member admits to being more feminine, it's always "others". Ats men are the mostmasculine males on the web, they are 6 ft rugby players or swamp croc wrestlers, anything less makes you a sissy these days. Ats is home of the toughest keyboard warriors on the net. They will kick anyone's ass from mommas basement

LMAO!! YESS!! Being Trans I find this to be a very interesting topic. I'm talking to a guy right now and he said to me "you know what's interesting about you is that your appearance is so soft and feminine your very pretty but your into masculine things and tough". A couple of girlfriends of mine wanted to go out to a local gay bar, kind of like a Cheers for the LBGT crowd. I don't like this place myself and I told them I didn't want to go somewhere where the men act like bigger queens than us. I don't like being around weak effeminate men, I prefer the company of real men who still display chivalry. Gay men typically (but some do) do not even acknowledge us there let alone show us that old fashioned courtesy that men should give women. They see us as women but they have no interest in sleeping with us so pretty much just ignore us.

I admit I'm a bit of tomboy T-girl but my outward appearance is very classy, sophisticated and ladylike. My mannerisms and walk are all on point so I do not really come off as masculine. However some of my life experiences and occupational training have made me an extremely tough individual with a lot of heart and will power. If I feel like I can beat a man up he has no chance of anything with me not even friendship, I despise weakness its a liability. Some of these guys are jacked but I can sense that softness in them like one good shot to the nose would send them into a state of tearful shock. Speed, volume and aggression as I was taught will win most fights for anyone. I guess my point is that someone can have an effeminate persona or outward appearance and still be mentally and physically strong. Plenty of badass ladies throughout history can attest to that. My favorite movie character to this day is still Ripley from the Alien series, I loved Sigourney Weaver in that part. Such a badass and probably instrumental in helping me to understand that you can be feminine and still be tough.

Oh and yeah there probably is all kinds of stuff in the food and water that are aiding this process. Still weakness is more of a mindset than an appearance and some people just allow themselves to be weak or victims. I see it all the time. If I summed up my life in one line I would say "Forged in hellfire, cooled by heavenly winds."

P.S. I put my breakfast on hold this morning and ran across two lanes of busy highway to rescue a turtle that was stuck against the median and couldn't get over it. You don't see weak effeminate men doing that but this pretty Trans girl did.

"
edit on 29-5-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

No, how some people choose to self-identify is founded on bias and discriminatory conditioning (traditional feminine/masculine), so if a man wants to appear traditionally strong, muscles must be had - then steroids are the order of the day to get to and maintain that personal perception of that particular person's conditioning of what a man should look like. How this man will choose to behave with traditional conditioning can conflict with society's continuing changing norms. Nothing stays the same.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

So when was there a time when gender roles did not exist...in your opinion?

The reason I ask is because if it is some kind of hateful act of conditioning, even if it WAS some kind of ultimate hoax and we've bought into it for the entirety of human existence, then why are we just now coming to a "realization"?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

The reason I ask is because if it is some kind of hateful act of conditioning, even if it WAS some kind of ultimate hoax and we've bought into it for the entirety of human existence, then why are we just now coming to a "realization"?

Nothing stays the same - that includes gender roles through changing societal norms through changing economic conditions and the tolerance gained through education and understanding of others' sexual orientations and self-identification, e.g. Mr. Mom (economic necessity). Not all of us are willing to step out of our comfort zones.
edit on 29-5-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Nothing stays the same - that includes gender roles through changing societal norms through changing economic conditions and the tolerance gained through education and understanding of others' sexual orientations and self-identification, e.g. Mr. Mom (economic necessity). Not all of us are willing to step out of our comfort zones.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
dbl post

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Discriminatory conditioning Hahahaha, you feminists are cancer to society, you are the most protected class that exists on this earth, you have more rights more catering, more special programs and grants, than anyone else, and yet you cry and complain more than anyone else.

Genders are biologically based #ing like it or not. With that said, you should be glad for the men around you, the ones who built the roads, the system of government, took us to the moon, you should be glad for the men who have determination and who are naturally more muscular and linear thinkers,who do the jobs that generally women do not want to do, and who often die doing them, and who protects your rights,so many things you should be grateful for, and you aren't.

You don't care, you wish to tear down genders and their meanings. There is nothing discriminatory about gender roles, and frankly you don't have to subscribe to them, that doesn't make them any less true or real, but when you attempt to socially engineer society by claiming "discriminatory conditioning" you will receive retort from those of us who understand just what you are attempting to do, go live your #ing fantasy, spout your nonsense, sign petitions, Ect, just realize your movement is coming to a end because of the fanatism that has infected a cause that was once very righteous, we've over shot the mark on equality.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Its strange whats considered feminine and whats considered masculine.

For instance, with some of my friends they rag on me cause I have long hair. Not just long hair nice long hair like women ask me for haircare advice or how to get hair like mine. To this subset of friends they think I look effeminate and they tell me that all the time.

I dont get it cause the other subset of friends I have that are very masculine all have no problems with my fancy hair. They don't think I appear feminine at all. Maybe caus they intuitively know what it means to ve masculine.

The only ones who do have a problem with my masculinity are the guys ill say that are a little less successful with women.

To me that says something about whats considered masculine or feminine.

To those guys that think I look girly cause I have well kept long hair I have to explain to them about the long line of very manly warriors over the last thousands of years that had long hair and from many different cultures.

Guess if I had long ratty hair then it would be more "masculine" to them. Never mind the 46" chest or 17" neck. The fact im their go to guy to learn martial arts. Or the fact im the only one out of them that can frame a house or operate a power tool...

So id say some demographics of men are very confused as to what makes a man a man. And its not how you look.

For instance. I have a buddies house that we go to and its a bunch of testosterone addled dudes. Marines, cops, construction workers etc... we get tanked and invariably end up slap boxing in the kitchen often enough. (Its a drunk guy thing) so one day this new guy comes over to the party and immediately starts teasing me about my hair. Basically implying I was some sort of sissy. Being a braggart this guy was the first to volunteer when one of us said "fight club?" Looking at the kitchen. So of course my friends all start laughing and pushing me to be the first to box the guy. With a smirk on my face I gladly accepted. The guy should have been wondering why a bunch of recon marines were snickering at the him at the though of fighting me. Well thats cause they knew what was about to happen to the guy. It wasnt much of a contest. He spent the rest of the night back peddling his earlier assertions I must be some girly boy, and probably a bit confused.

So my advice is dont judge a man by his looks. Unless hes wearing a hair bun. Then hes a idiot. Hair buns? Seriously guys. if you want to pull your hair back, just put it in a pony tail. Dont put it in a bun.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Its strange whats considered feminine and whats considered masculine.

For instance, with some of my friends they rag on me cause I have long hair. Not just long hair nice long hair like women ask me for haircare advice or how to get hair like mine. To this subset of friends they think I look effeminate and they tell me that all the time.

I dont get it cause the other subset of friends I have that are very masculine all have no problems with my fancy hair. They don't think I appear feminine at all. Maybe caus they intuitively know what it means to ve masculine.

The only ones who do have a problem with my masculinity are the guys ill say that are a little less successful with women.

To me that says something about whats considered masculine or feminine.

To those guys that think I look girly cause I have well kept long hair I have to explain to them about the long line of very manly warriors over the last thousands of years that had long hair and from many different cultures.

Guess if I had long ratty hair then it would be more "masculine" to them. Never mind the 46" chest or 17" neck. The fact im their go to guy to learn martial arts. Or the fact im the only one out of them that can frame a house or operate a power tool...

So id say some demographics of men are very confused as to what makes a man a man. And its not how you look.

For instance. I have a buddies house that we go to and its a bunch of testosterone addled dudes. Marines, cops, construction workers etc... we get tanked and invariably end up slap boxing in the kitchen often enough. (Its a drunk guy thing) so one day this new guy comes over to the party and immediately starts teasing me about my hair. Basically implying I was some sort of sissy. Being a braggart this guy was the first to volunteer when one of us said "fight club?" Looking at the kitchen. So of course my friends all start laughing and pushing me to be the first to box the guy. With a smirk on my face I gladly accepted. The guy should have been wondering why a bunch of recon marines were snickering at the him at the though of fighting me. Well thats cause they knew what was about to happen to the guy. It wasnt much of a contest. He spent the rest of the night back peddling his earlier assertions I must be some girly boy, and probably a bit confused.

So my advice is dont judge a man by his looks. Unless hes wearing a hair bun. Then hes a idiot. Hair buns? Seriously guys. if you want to pull your hair back, just put it in a pony tail. Dont put it in a bun.

Discriminatory conditioning - these types of men can't move past it.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I agree I think those types of men dont know what it even is to be or feel masculine hence their obsessions regarding the topic.

So you get lost confused guys walking around trying too hard to be "macho". Usually just end up wearing tapout shirts and talking a lot of game thats really transparent.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Take a group of babies isolate them off in a kind of strange nazi social experiment, make sure it's equally mixed and watch how the male babies assume certain roles and the female babies assume certain roles, discriminatory conditioning? How about biological fact! These differences should be celebrated, not dissolved.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

I agree I think those types of men dont know what it even is to be or feel masculine hence their obsessions regarding the topic.

So you get lost confused guys walking around trying too hard to be "macho". Usually just end up wearing tapout shirts and talking a lot of game thats really transparent.

You got it and don't forget that they need to blame the feminists for all the evils in the world.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

"Macho" is a gross caricature of masculinity, and has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Take a group of babies isolate them off in a kind of strange nazi social experiment, make sure it's equally mixed and watch how the male babies assume certain roles and the female babies assume certain roles, discriminatory conditioning? How about biological fact! These differences should be celebrated, not dissolved.

There is no dissolution only self-identification and changing attitudes, with the traditionalists being unable to understand.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

If we did that then people would claim "the pitch of the nurses voice who fed them changed certain octives between genders, ergo discrimination of she's"

Its a pointless argument with people who mistake basic science and human nature with their own personal feelings.
edit on 29-5-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: Autocorrect

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Yes... Natural insticts are a personal choice. (sarcasm)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

a reply to: TechniXcality

If we did that then people would claim "the pitch of the nurses voice who fed them changed certain octives between genders, ergo discrimination of she's"

Its a pointless argument with people who mistake basic science and human nature with their own personal feelings.

That is your own personal feeling and without quantitative evidence your point is pointless.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You are attempting to change attitudes I am not attempting to change yours, you are the one rooting for social engineering you are the bigot.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Yes... Natural insticts are a personal choice. (sarcasm)

My natural urges don't run me, my intellect does.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join