It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most millennial men don’t identify as masculine, 1-in-5 actually identify as feminine

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

The common thing in every instance of people getting shot is the guns. Oh, and the people, but it would be hard to remove the people from the equation, wouldn't it?

Except for that pesky little piece of paper called the US constitution.

The common instance there is a. It's illegal to go around shooting people. b. laws obvious don't stop it.

You might want to tear your scarecrow of straw down. I agree with the first point, the wealth inequality is absurd (wasn't much better in the early 1900s before FDR though.)

Much like the TG issue there is that word. (inequality) People making up terms for something that has always existed.

Well, yeah. Their sex life is their sex life, unless they're raping people or some other heinous act it should be accepted, even if you're worried about mantouch. I'm sorry, but I don't think your indignation about people SNIPPING who they like and being what they are is comparable to the enslavement of African-Americans, or the genocide of the native Americans.

The issue is that it is HARDLY a civil rights issue when a person is born of either two majorities.

Then turn around, and use CASH and technology to turn themselves in to something else.

Doesn't work like that.

A person born BLACK that is a legitimate beef.

Hell a person 'born' gay is a legitimate beef.

Using money, and tech to change the appearance of oneself ?

That snip doesn't fly.

And neither does this.

and being what they are is comparable to the enslavement of African-Americans, or the genocide of the native Americans.

Not comparable, and is an INSULT to centuries of slavery, and being rounded up, and put in fema camps of their day.

An outright INSULT to Aa's, and NA's.
edit on 29-5-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I think it's because the pot is starting to boil due to wealth inequality and the failure of Capitalism. Any collapsing society is going to be more violent than it was in its golden age. (At least among its own citizens.)

Do you have a large bank of accounts from the tribe period of our history? I think the statement that there was a 0% chance for anyone to be TG prior to the modern age is pure conceit. Would it have been less likely to be recorded? Of course, for the same reason that you're less likely to find a gay person in Saudi Arabia.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Um, yes, they are born, unless you're suggesting they're grown in vats somewhere?

No they are not.

Gender reassignment surgery.

Not born.

MADE.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You're confusing transgender with transsexual.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I'm going to bed now so I can't respond to the entirety of your post, my apologies, but I think you drastically misunderstood what I was saying. Perhaps I did not word myself correctly enough.

You said this.

You say the old days were 'messed' up ?

They don't EVEN hold a candle to the SNIP that goes on today.

My response to that was this.

I'm sorry, but I don't think your indignation about people SNIPPING who they like and being what they are is comparable to the enslavement of African-Americans, or the genocide of the native Americans.

However, you seem to be implying that I'm saying that the plight of transgender people is on equal level with past genocides and enslavement in your final paragraph?
I certainly hope that was unintentional and just a result of failed communication. It would be quite the dirty tactic if it was not.

My intended meaning was saying that YOU feeling icky about gay people and not liking the existence of transgender issues is not comparable to that, as you said that the stuff of the old days didn't even "hold a candle to the SNIP that goes on today.".
edit on 29/5/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I used the tribe period as an example to show that it would be impossible for anyone to be born into thinking they are the opposite sex. It didn't existed.

Can you imagine a male caveman wanting to have lady parts?

And of course, if indeed there were some individuals who identified them selves as the opposite sex, there are no records of them, because they did not reproduce. It is not natural. It's a made thing. A product of the modern age.
edit on 29-5-2016 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

I used the tribe period as an example to show that it would be impossible for anyone to be born into thinking they are the opposite sex. It didn't existed.

Can you imagine a male caveman wanting to have lady parts?

And of course, if indeed there were some individuals who identified them selves as the opposite sex, there are no records of them, because they did not reproduce. It is not natural. It's a made thing. A product of the modern age.

Except those termed 'intersex' (hermaphroditism; true or pseudo), who were assigned their gender by others instead of recognizing some people to be a third gender.

www.isna.org...

Or those born of ambiguous sex qualities/features.

www.isna.org...
edit on 29-5-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

My intended meaning was saying that YOU feeling icky about gay people and not liking the existence of transgender issues is not comparable to that, as you said that the stuff of the old days didn't even "hold a candle to the SNIP that goes on today.".

I honestly don't give a ratts rear about GP.

Hell if a TG wants to mutilate themselves. They can have at it.

The issue is telling everyone else we have to accept their CHOICE, and calling it civil rights.

When a lot civil RIGHTS get violated in this country without so much as a whimper.

I have more pressing concerns that concern ALL of us.

Like terrorism,the economy,corruption in the US government.

But hey obviously none of that should matter.

Forcing people in to blind obedience of a non issue for most people. Since for centuries. There' was never a problem before.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
When I was younger I felt more feminine-ish. I went through a period where I wasn't sure who I was exactly. I knew I liked masculine thigns somewhat, but I also had an affinity for liberal things and sensitive things. For a while I wondered if I had attraction to "pretty" guys. This happened when I was an adult. Before that I always felt hetero. I grew out of it quick though. If 0 is masculine and 5 is feminie then I'll say I'm a 1 or 2, if 2.5 is in the middle. Maybe 1.5.

The problem is what's masculinity? What's femininity? We all might have differnet definitions. There's probably prejudice. Oh well. When I think of a masculine guy I think of someone who's not too sensitive or concerned with prettiness. But I think it's too restrictive to think someone must never deviate from that. Reality is everytying is a continuum, so exceptions are happening all the time. Anytime we define something like a lifeform, we have to shy away from being too orthodox. Have to think in generalized terms and allow for lots of elbow room.

I wonder about movies. It seems feminine guys like movies such as Much Ado About Nothing. Is Patrick Stewart feminized? He's into that shakespear thing. Does seem like it. He doesn't LOOK like a woman though! Or how about a movie like Heartbreakers or My Big Fat Greek Wedding? Those seem feminine to me, but both guys and woman can like them. it's confusing. What about action movies? What about them makes htem seem masculine to me? Or the movie Terminator. It has a love scene, but the movie is not a drama. It's a movie about things blowing up and THE HUNT. It's pure adrenaline. But one of the leading roles is played by a woman. Like Aliens. In Aliens she even gets to act like a mother when she finds a child. It never bothered me, despite the movie being THE HUNT. So is it feminine or masculine or neither? What matters is Did You Enjoy It? Yes!
edit on 5/29/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: enlightenedservant

How many of those older males were alienated, beaten, or ostracized until they acted more "manly" when they were young?

Most ALL of us older people.

See back in the day.

Society wasn't so touchy feely.

The age of getting stuff in lockers, and wedgies, etc.

So you're agreeing with the rest of my quote.

How many of those older males were alienated, beaten, or ostracized until they acted more "manly" when they were young? I think this "increase" in millenials is only because the amount of social ramifications have decreased. In another generation, the percentage will probably increase even more as the ramifications decrease further.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Pyrrho
a reply to: InTheLight

Hm, yes it does. You can't discriminate against someone based on their sex. It's quite simple. Whether it's for a job or a bathroom, you are not allowed to do it and will face legal action if you do.

Nothing needs to change. People just need to be made aware of their rights and protections.

It's happening right now.

www.cnn.com...

Well good luck to them and the # storm that is about to hit their state for that.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

When I first read the title i thought surely and calmly to myself, xiao posted this.

Then i realized it was you, Xuenchen , and i began to wonder to myself--why are these guys so damn anti-American. Surely there is an agenda at hand here my friend. My question is why?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

gender is not a stereotype its a reality, stop it.

Masculinity and femininity are stereotyped, that is the reality and I have to stop it now because hubby wants to go motorcycling with me.

If masculinity and femininity were 'stereotyped'...most of us wouldn't be here today.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

You're confusing transgender with transsexual.

Confused is a good word. Not properly applied, and that is a column of the debate.

Someone who thinks they are trans* is confused. For some reason there is an outspoken group of people that seems to think being 'confused' bestows certain rights and privileges.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Masculinity out of fashion.

Partly because of population pressure. Leaving the heterosex community alleviates males having to compete (and risk failure) at finding a female mate. Homosexual behavior in mice and other mammals increases with population density, exactly because of competition. It's true on a psychological level, as gay/bi males traditionally relocated to large cities to "be with their own kind.

The other reason is the security in western civilization at the moment. Masculinity is a constellation of traits that society needs when it is imperilled. Pretty much exactly as Mystic Mushroom posted pages and pages ago: something like "We aren't stalking ibex on the savannah anymore, or being over-run by the mongol horde."

Ironic choice of words, that.
As the horde of refugees from the ME overwhelms the institutions of the west....

It was all predicted 102 years ago, in Oswald Spengler's Decline of the West

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I'm a millennial, I am a man, I like females, hunting and cars and I accept that the world needs real men, especially now.

I can not always be a hero, but I can always be a man. - Someone famous.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

in what reality - does 1 out of 5 - 20% - equate to "most," or the implication of a "majority," which therefore would of course have to be larger than 51%?

The reality of a conservative mind. Where everything new is the devil and social progress will certainly destroy America. Where tradition trumps rationality and a war on individualism is always a foot.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: redempsh

Maybe the decline in real, physical work has something to do with it?

I read an online fitness thing ages ago that posited the idea that training with heavy weights made your body produce more testosterone. .If true then perhaps swapping a steel mill or a trawler for a cubicle in an air conditioned office could go some way to explaining this phenomenon?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
There is no need to even create an identity for yourself. That is all in the realm of the ego and therefore non existent. You are either born a male or female, or in rare cases a hermaphrodite. Accept what you are genetically born with, don't make up something and claim that is your "identity".

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: TechniXcality

gender is not a stereotype its a reality, stop it.

Masculinity and femininity are stereotyped, that is the reality and I have to stop it now because hubby wants to go motorcycling with me.

If masculinity and femininity were 'stereotyped'...most of us wouldn't be here today.

Care to find out your score?

garote.bdmonkeys.net...

Although this test just goes to show that none of us can really assess gender identity with accuracy because it is complex and multifactorial. To me, this test measures gender stereotyping (beliefs associated with characteristics and activities perceived as appropriate to men and women).
edit on 30-5-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join