It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most millennial men don’t identify as masculine, 1-in-5 actually identify as feminine

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

God bless him, well im an atheist so best of luck.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Hm, yes it does. You can't discriminate against someone based on their sex. It's quite simple. Whether it's for a job or a bathroom, you are not allowed to do it and will face legal action if you do.

Nothing needs to change. People just need to be made aware of their rights and protections.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Not true.

There is a masculine and feminine energy.

We all have both energies, but how you identify and/or accept/ostracize those mixed natural energies can and is affected by societal norms and expectations.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The good old days.

Now you practically can't say no to your children, or the government might take them away from you...

It was society that had clear values. Not like today.
edit on 29-5-2016 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyrrho

Hm, yes it does. You can't discriminate against someone based on their sex. It's quite simple. Whether it's for a job or a bathroom, you are not allowed to do it and will face legal action if you do.

Nothing needs to change. People just need to be made aware of their rights and protections.

It's happening right now.

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyrrho

Except we all know that's just not true and people do this naturally. Heck, you find bosses having to fill roles that are statistically male predominant with females that aren't up to par, just to make this law kinda sorta work.

Oh, and if your business has under 15 employees none of these rules apply.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The good old days.

Now you practically can't say no to your children, or the government might take them away from you...

I used to tell my kids I would dial the Children's Aid number for them...they would say 'no'.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Agree.

That's why I said that today's society is beyond screwed.

As I've mentioned before, in the past it would be impossible for a male to identify with feminine energy and vice versa.

So, yeah, the point is masculinity and femininity is NOT a stereotype.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The good old days.

Ah, yes, the good old days, such a shining beacon of values, where children were beaten by teachers, blacks were kept where they belong (separate from normal decent folk), and women knew their place (at home, not the polling booths.)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Agree.

That's why I said that today's society is beyond screwed.

As I've mentioned before, in the past it would be impossible for a male to identify with feminine energy and vice versa.

So, yeah, the point is masculinity and femininity is NOT a stereotype.

It is not a stereotype, but certain traits thereof are used to stereotype as the OP explains in his/her opening post...'feminization' thrown into a weak, negative light in relation to how men are rating other men (masculinity).
edit on 29-5-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It's so easy to "win" disputes just by dismissing something someone says on the basis of "science", or what you think "science" is. At the end of the day, we're all very opinionated outside of actual scientific work.
edit on 5/29/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You know, there's just as much if not more of a movement against men who don't comfortably fit these new metrosexual roles as there is the other way.

A lot of people regard me as some kind of dinosaur because of the tattoos and facial hair, the music I listen to or the bikes I ride or the way I don't shy from speaking my mind or calling someone on what I regard as their bad behaviour.

Truth is I can play a guitar, paint, draw, write poetry, remember my anniversary and cook up a storm. I also understand it's not my business whether someone else is gay or wants to live as a different sex to the physical body they were born in.

This thread is way too binary, it's possible to regard other men as lacking in intestinal fortitude without being some racist, homophobic nut job. I'm way past changing to suit others these days, being true to my own nature was possibly the most important thing I learnt.

It doesn't matter if you are skinny or effete or whatever, what matters is you keep your word and deal honestly with folks. That's what makes you an old fashioned man. ( And yes, women can be the same, but this is a thread about masculinity).

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

The good old days.

Ah, yes, the good old days, such a shining beacon of values, where children were beaten by teachers, blacks were kept where they belong (separate from normal decent folk), and women knew their place (at home, not the polling booths.)

And today is such a shining beacon of values Where the cops get shot for no reason other than they are cops,

Rich people,bankers,gun owners, and corporations are kept where they belong(separate from normal decent folk) where peoples sex lives are thown out for all to see, and then telling others they have to accept it, and they have to accept that a person can convince themselves they are another sex. Then after a whole lot of cash, and some modern 'science'. They can turn themselves in to a minority.

You say the old days were 'messed' up ?

They don't EVEN hold a candle to the SNIP that goes on today.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Isn't that what's currently happening with transgenderism?

"They're just confused, they just have mental disorders, they're just perverts."

Also, masculinity is very much not a lie. It's a thing to celebrate, same as femininity. What isn't a thing to celebrate is aggressively narcissistic douchebag dudebro behavior.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

I never said those times were perfect. I just stated that we had a clear set of family and traditional values. Unlike today, where there's none of that.

And, my generation turned out just fine.

Let's just hope I get to see what the future generations will be like. With all that bs fake tolerance, multicultaralism, men acting like women, children teaching their parents and not the other way around etc. Bright future.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: jonnywhite

Isn't that what's currently happening with transgenderism?

"They're just confused, they just have mental disorders, they're just perverts."

Also, masculinity is very much not a lie. It's a thing to celebrate, same as femininity. What isn't a thing to celebrate is aggressively narcissistic douchebag dudebro behavior.

Yeah well TG's are not born.

They are MADE.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
It's so easy to win an argument just by dismissing something someone says on the basis of "science", or what you think "science" is. At the end of the day, we're all very opinionated outside of actual scientific work.

Although it is interesting to read others' "educated" opinions and scrutinize how they reached their conclusions.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The common thing in every instance of people getting shot is the guns. Oh, and the people, but it would be hard to remove the people from the equation, wouldn't it?

You might want to tear your scarecrow of straw down. I agree with the first point, the wealth inequality is absurd (wasn't much better in the early 1900s before FDR though.)
Well, yeah. Their sex life is their sex life, unless they're raping people or some other heinous act it should be accepted, even if you're worried about mantouch.
I'm sorry, but I don't think your indignation about people SNIPPING who they like and being what they are is comparable to the enslavement of African-Americans, or the genocide of the native Americans.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Um, yes, they are born, unless you're suggesting they're grown in vats somewhere? The question you should be asking is if TG people are born TG, and the answer to that question is... Probably more complicated than you'd really be interested in hearing, but it's true that prenatal conditions definitely have an effect on someone's likelihood of being transgender.
edit on 29/5/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Seems like people can bring up the gun control issue in almost any thread.

The common thing in every instance of people getting shot is the guns. Oh, and the people, but it would be hard to remove the people from the equation, wouldn't it?

You would be treating the symptom and not the cause. People had guns for a long, long time; why do you think it's just now that people are randomly shooting other people in the middle of a street? ----> modern age thing

Transsexualism is a modern age thing. It didn't exist 60 years ago. Like neo96 said, it's a made thing.

If we remove our society and go back in the tribe period of our history, there's 0% chance for anyone to be born TG. As I've said, TG did not exist in my time.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join