It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminised males = conquered nation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I think you will find femininity is not a judge to enlightenment either, otherwise all fem dudes would be mincing around with a nimbus of enlightenment around their heads

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

What? "Judge to enlightenment?"

Seriously, I can't understand what you're trying to say. Do you mean "shortcut" or "requirement"?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: primespickle

I don't think that idea is necessarily misogynistic, it's more to do with traditional gender roles. A manly woman is generally viewed the same way a womanly man would be.

Then why don't we see threads disparaging all the women who join the military or express themselves in butch fashions? It's because our society still views manliness as a "step up" from being a woman. Nobody is ranting against the "toughening up of women". It's just the opposite (as it should be) and women are generally more respected when they do this.

You hear men all the time say how they wish more women would go shooting, camping, watch football, etc. You rarely will hear the opposite because people have been programmed to believe that shooting, camping, and watching football is better than any of the things that women traditionally do for fun.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm misogynistic, a sexist, and I'm old.

It's a generational thing.

I just accept the fact that times change, though.

But I won't carry a purse. Or a fanny pack.

Unless they match my shoes.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Uh-huh, if you say so.

The fact that that almost all Israeli women must join the military kinda shoots your theory to s***. I would ask what branch of the service you were in but we all already know the answer.

Like I said, they don't fight so what does it matter. When they need a war to be won they order your boys to their death. Getting others to fight your battles is the definition of a coward actually!
edit on 28-5-2016 by zinc12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
Holy sh*t. Girls in platemail, I don't know why, but they're SO hot. -dreamy sigh-

Here's a hotty for you:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Not a conundrum actually. Its the elites method of eliminating resistance from the native population by importing a population hostile to the culture of the native population.

link   
a reply to: Abysha

ATS threads does not a sample of the entire population make, though neither do my own anecdotal experiences.

At least here in Australia by my own experience, being a "butch" girl seems to be treated lesser than a "girly" guy would be. Admittedly, the only people who really care about either of these things are the dudebro douchebags that we are discussing, so it's mostly irrelevant.

link   
AugustusMasonicus

Brienne of Tarth. I'd hit that fo' sho'.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12
Like I said, they don't fight so what does it matter. When they need a war to be won they order your boys to their death. Getting others to fight your battles is the definition of a coward actually!

More fail Chiefy. Women have been in the Israeli military since its inception. Did any American uniformed personnel fight in the Six Day or Yom Kippur Wars?

No need to answer.

edit on 28-5-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Traditional gender roles are socially constructed and very confining. There is no freedom if we are expected to behave exactly as society tells us.

I don't think that people are as offended/threatened by masculine women as they are feminine men. There are almost 0 threads about masculine women, but hundreds exist on ATS about the feminization of men. New ones springing up every week. Explain that.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Brienne of Tarth. I'd hit that fo' sho'.

Not me. I'm more a Captain Phasma guy.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

She looks pretty cold to me. That blizzard tho...

In all seriousness, I really like Brienne. Though I prefer this depiction of her. Movie-Brienne is probably a little bit old for my taste.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

There seems to be a strong confusion among old-school conservative men. Many seem to equate aggression and primitive reactionary personalities with "manliness" and thoughtful, sensitive personalities with "feminized males". I totally disagree.

I like the men where I live. There is a growing segment of the male population here which includes that brute masculinity with tattoos, muscles, body hair, musky scents, etc yet... these guys volunteer at events, love their cats, stand up for what is right, have strong moral ethics on equality, etc. I see this evolution of men not only sexy as hell but a true necessity for moving society forward.

The new "alpha" male just looks better, acts better, and treats others better than what you are used to. That doesn't make them "feminized".

The low IQ savage you describe who sniffs the air to know what direction to walk in is not the definition of manliness but neither is the pacified, submissive guy.
edit on 28-5-2016 by zinc12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: primespickle

Seriously? Unless you're talking about transgender issues which is a different can of worms, this is literally the first thread I've seen on men specifically becoming more feminine (and that being an issue.)

(I will note that is an earnest "seriously", not a sarcastic one.)
edit on 28/5/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

So... The issue is pacified and submissive men, then? Because that doesn't really scream "feminine" to me.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Nah I have dark hair oh....and that's a girl.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
AugustusMasonicus

But that chromium armor is so indistinct. Its hard to look fabulous in salvaged chromium.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12
....and that's a girl.

Exactly.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Feminine or masculine?

Seriously, I'm confused.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join