It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a transgender roommate...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It wouldn't bother me one iota, they are still human and can go potty in a shared toilet.

It would be confusing to people in public toilets ie if they have a penis they should go the the men's and visa versa,,, until the operation is done.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
First off most home have only on toilet in the bathroom and most folks close the door when in use.
Second, why would I have a trans roommate? I pick carefully whom I share my house with... don't you?

That is like saying "If you had an ax murder as a roommate... would you lock your bedroom door? Kinda silly is it not.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
if she, he looked like this, yeah I'd be ok

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
wow that picture is big lol...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The real question is... do you have to remember to put the toilet seat down?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat
First off most home have only on toilet in the bathroom and most folks close the door when in use.
Second, why would I have a trans roommate? I pick carefully whom I share my house with... don't you?

That is like saying "If you had an ax murder as a roommate... would you lock your bedroom door? Kinda silly is it not.

Spot on there...
If you chose a roommate, I think something like any bathroom issues you may have wouldn't matter. In other words, their habits of cleanliness would be the only issue, because if you chose them to live with, it means you don't have an issue with their sexuality, or expression of it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Luckily enough, I am immune.

Don't get me wrong, there are many things about the old way of life which are healthy. Looking out for ones neighbours, holding fast to family. However, there is a great deal about the way things used to be, that was wrong then, is wrong now and only becomes more inexcusable as time wears on. The only people fighting to retain the sickness of division, are those who insist that they are doing it to protect an old way of life, without considering the torment and anguish that was experienced by huge percentages of the population, during the period they hold dear.

Conservativism could easily be described as the ability of otherwise intelligent people, to express a total lack of intellectual or emotional understanding of what was wrong with the past.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: eisegesis

Conservative values are dirt anyway.

Screw the little guy, accept corporate power, deny people the right to sexual, racial, and economic equality, and equality under the law, and for Gods sake, make sure every minority is chastised for their manner of being.

Conservativism is a disease.

Pertaining to the transgender issue and regardless of anyone's political views, the majority would disagree. The rest of your post just blew everything I said out of proportion based upon my usage of the "c" word, which doesn't always embody the descriptors used in your reply. I have no affiliation to any ideology, but do feel that in an already established construct, they should either seek a public restroom that doesn't segregate or when unable to find one, use the bathroom of the gender they were assigned at birth.

It's only in their heads that they feel left out, unimportant or cast aside. Nobody is denying anyone their right to identify as the opposite sex, only their ability to dictate what they feel is acceptable to the rest of society, which in turn creates a direct conflict with the majority. Besides, unimpeded nature is far more cruel than a society governed by well intended boundaries. I'll take a few easily definable set of values over the whining generated by any minority any day.

edit on 28-5-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Conservativism could easily be described as the ability of otherwise intelligent people, to express a total lack of intellectual or emotional understanding of what was wrong with the past.

Is that so.

Quite the shame the flip side of that coin IGNORES their own massive short comings.

Like the one that just called 'conservatism' a disease.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

It's only in their heads that they feel left out, unimportant or cast aside. Nobody is denying anyone their right to identify as the opposite sex, only their ability to dictate what they feel is acceptable to the rest of society, which in turn creates a direct conflict with the majority. Besides, unimpeded nature is far more cruel than a society governed by well intended boundaries. I'll take a few easily definable set of values over the whining generated by any minority any day.

Really? Is it only in their heads when they are harassed and beat up when they try to to into a men's room looking like a woman on the outside, or when they go into the women's room looking like a man on the outside?

I'm sorry your values tell you not to care about the violence perpetrated on someone, albeit a minority. My values tell me differently.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
It wouldn't bother me one iota, they are still human and can go potty in a shared toilet.

It would be confusing to people in public toilets ie if they have a penis they should go the the men's and visa versa,,, until the operation is done.

So, this person was born with a penis, and would not be questioned walking into a public men's room?

(This is famous transgender fashion model Andreja Pejić)

And this person was not born with a penis, should they be questioned going into a public ladies room?

(This is the transgender bodybuilding champion Shawn Stinson)

And, who is going to check that they are going into the correct room?

I await either your honest answer or your head to explode.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spader
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

In college I liked with both male, female and one Drag Queen roommates in places with just one barroom.
I cant see now any difference with a transgender roommate.

Menage a trois?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I should like Shawn to use the ladies' restroom.

Then he can sort out any cross-dressing perverts* who follow little girls and women in there.

*That's perverts, not genuine transgender persons.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

ransgender people should stop being whiny babies

I'm the whiny the one yet here you are whining about my alleged whininess...hmm considering i'm a libertarian carry on and whine away. Would you like some french cries with that waahburger or perhaps some cheese with that whine.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The right wing conservatives are so desperate for a "cause" they latched on to this one. Most voters think it's stupid and pointless.
edit on 28-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I still don't get this whole problem.

If you present as female, go in the women's loo. Sit down, do your biz.

If you present as a male, go in the men's loo. Sit down, or stand up as is your preference.

If you share a bathroom with others in a house or flat, you close the door, no? Who the hell cares as long as a person takes their turn at cleaning the toilet?

In other words, why don't we all continue to do as we have for decades, BEFORE this all was an issue in some folk's minds? Pee where your personal plumbing dictates. Wash you hands, please. Simple, human hygiene. No reason to politicize it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

...burning lentils...

Oh, the humanity!

Oddly specific - made me laugh

:-)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Close the door and just do whats needed and if needed give a "give it 5 mins warning" after a nasty one but other than that who cares as if you're living with someone who's trans you're already knowing that to quote aerosmith "dude looks like a lady" or the inverse.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
OP. i woudnt mind. id actually flirt with them a bit. seeing as how i myself are not really different except im lacking the boobs and feminine body so far.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Perhaps we should have 'child only' facilities?

Holy hell dude ! That is genius! That really would be the answer. Let anyone of any gender use any bathroom so long as they are an adult. They wouldn't even have to change anything except the pic on the doors. So any place that had male bathroom next to female bathroom would now have uni-sex bathroom next to child only bathrooms. Problem solved!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join