It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists Now Outnumber Christians in England and Wales.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Maybe the rest of us just want to get on with being human instead of having nonsensical labels like goats and sheep.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Religions have come and gone in England and Wales. We've had all sorts here. I don't know what was wrong with worshipping a tree and the spirit elves in the forest. I think the Nordics, Greeks and Romans moved on from their religious gods some time ago, it could never happen again surely

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thank god the insanity is being reduced by every year.

Hopefully if humanity can get rid of all three Abrahamic faiths influence we can finally create nice life for all. All three trees are tainted by dualistic hate ideas and the fruits will not be pure until those ideas are gone.

The same duality hate that manifested the Nazis.
edit on 28-5-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Don't worry, it's typical, atheists defending atheism in a self-congratulatory fashion, supposedly irreligious but no less remaining diligently in religious discussions. That might be as far as most atheists go. Let's just hope they retain their secularism and their contempt comes only from their lips and not from the end of a gun barrel.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
well, folks - he's gone again.

His thread went over like a lead balloon. I really don't even get why Christians come here to try to recruit....
or how they can hang around and still be so boondoggled by the dogma.....

almost seems to be deliberate obtuseness.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

oh for heaven's sake, LesMis.

You had to pour gasoline on his fire?
We don't want to kill anyone - we just want to be left alone about "God" and "Jesus"!! It's so tiresome! Spectacularly anachronistic and stupid to suggest that the "nones" want to shoot anyone. (And I'm not even an "atheist"! But you know how many times people have tried to insult me by calling me an "atheist"? And so what if I was? Jesus - you people treat us like lepers.....yet think you are so superior and 'gifted'. )

Only religious nutters want to shoot people in churches because they provide abortions. Only religious nutters stand on street-corners or attend the funerals of strangers just to make trouble. Only religious nutters strap on suicide vests and take out as many innocent strangers as possible with themselves. Only religious nutters put on pretentious airs to keep up their "victim" routine while simultaneously whining about being persecuted and worrying about which bathroom people use to eliminate their waste products.

This isn't the "Old News Network", ya know. Denying ignorance R Us.

/yawn

edit on 5/28/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: really really really miss the old emoticons...need that smh and eyeroll.........

edit on 5/28/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: STOP PESTERING PEOPLE ABOUT YOUR RELIGION! GAH!!!!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
We don't want to kill anyone...

Wellllllllllll.......

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

That would be true if places like North Korea wasn't busy seeking nuclear armament.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Like the US isn't? Busy 'renovating' nuclear bombs?

It's asinine. When will the day come that people realize destroying each other is stupid!?

Obama went to Japan - he visited Hiroshima. I listened to the Mayor of Hiroshima talking about Obama's visit. Obama did not "apologize" (which is fine) but reminded the crowd at the 70th annual memorial that we need to remember to never, ever, ever do that again - to each other, to anyone.

Yet, the MIC continues on 'making small atomic bombs'. Why?
Western atheists and agnostics are pacifists! We are not North Korea! We are liberals, pacifists, kind people who just want the crap to end already!!

- that's why the Christians hate us yet call us 'haters'- they want to "carpet bomb" others, and look for (or invent) reasons to do so.

Insanity. Utter insanity.
edit on 5/28/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Im reminded of the Khmer Rouge and its irreligious genocide, or perhaps the People's Republic of Albania, the first atheist state. These regimes weren't models of pacifism and secularism.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Jesus H Christ!!! SERIOUSLY? FFS!!! *slams hand down on table*

and there's some question as to why we are so sick to death of hearing this crap???? Do you think this will win people over, make friends and influence people? Unflippingbelievable.

Keep bringing up Old News then. Stick to your 30-second memorized speech....keep crying "wolf!"
This is the bloody 21st century, for crying out loud!!!

It's impossible to talk to people like you.
See my signature.
edit on 5/28/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: pissed off and now need to leave to avoid sanctions

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
...supposedly irreligious but no less remaining diligently in religious discussions.

And yet, here you are, remaining diligently involved in religious discussions, even though you aren't religious and do not believe in deities yourself.

I'm not gay either, but I participate in discussions on the topic.
I'm not a politician, but I talk about politics a lot.
I'm not a parent, but I will discuss raising children.
I'm not a dog, but I love conversations about them...

I have interests and one of them is religion. It's CLEARLY one of yours, too, yet you hold yourself 'above' other atheists, even though you are one.

Having an opinion on a topic does not assume a direct involvement.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I'm not a dog...

That makes one of us...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Jesus H Christ? That's ironic.

It is the 21st century. How astute. Should we bring up the crusades and inquisition?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yes I like religion. There is no shame in that. But I'm not as superficial as to treat them all the same.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

It is the 21st century. How astute. Should we bring up the crusades and inquisition?

uh, no.
What part of "tedious nonsequitor irrelevance" do you not understand?

Just let it lie there and die. Religion is not worth saving.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Just let it lie there and die. Religion is not worth saving.

I will not. And yes it is.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

No, it is not.
It's destructive madness.

edit on 5/28/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Separating the goats from the sheep seems to be natural. So whats next?

So which do you prefer Goats or Sheep?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

No, it is not.
It's destructive madness.

It isn't. There have been both positive and negative effects, depending on the religion. We in the west have a great deal to thank for Christianity's influence. I find it hilarious that a westerner would spend their discourse pooing on it, while at the same time exploiting its benefits.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join