It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowflake Language Police Want You To Stop Using The "C" Word

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

It's indicative of a trend.

Oh please, you think so because your cohorts say so not because you saw it for yourself. If you actually look it's you guys, crying about what one person said or some stupid commercial is going to outrage all the SJWs. I've looked. I've been following this heaping pile of fantasy since Gamergate.

It is a culture in universities and colleges that relies on emotion instead of reason, on bullying instead of debate.

Where it's always been. Higher education has always been a place for young people to challenge social norms and thank goodness because that's where the Civil Right's movement flourished and continues to do so... oh wait, that's the problem isn't it? That's why it's so necessary to demonize college kids...

It is a problem and we are speaking up about it.

It's a fantasy that you lot have turned into one long circle jerk.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

More vague nonsense. I'm not avoiding any discussions. But you're not actually saying anything at all.

This safe space you talk about, a complete figment of your imagination. Or do you care to provide some evidence for its existence?

Yes I do, and I debate their validity. The problem is, its proponents never ever actually dispute the critique. It's a movement that is almost completely reliant on mass appeal, too big and too popular to be easily refuted or discredited. Tens of millions of parrots all spreading the same gospel, like a stubborn factoid that just won't go away no matter how many times it's refuted.

By all means.. let's discuss.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Pfft... you're clutching at straws. I live in the most progressive country in the World, it's inherently biased in a number of ways. You don't get to say that cultural Marxism is a fantasy, I live it every day of my life.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

More vague nonsense. I'm not avoiding any discussions. But you're not actually saying anything at all.

Then you have nothing to fear. Relax

This safe space you talk about, a complete figment of your imagination. Or do you care to provide some evidence for its existence?

Oh it exists. My pointing it out to you won't help. Maybe you should listen to this person's wise words instead:

It's a movement that is almost completely reliant on mass appeal, too big and too popular to be easily refuted or discredited. Tens of millions of parrots all spreading the same gospel, like a stubborn factoid that just won't go away no matter how many times it's refuted.

edit on 5/28/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I'm starting to think you don't have a clever come back for this safe space talk, what's your point? You're just rambling and you can't even explain yourself. Just more vagueness from your direction, what's new...

This is a reaction to the inadequacies of the reigning ideology. So what?

I listen to reason, not popularity. I oppose cultural Marxism mainly because if I didn't it would eventually lead to the cultural and ethnic genocide of the people of my nation. That is a real issue, we take issue with the way things are because the ideology in charge is full of holes and can't even argue for its position. That's why the government covers things up.

You can debate me on this if you want to but you don't have a leg to stand on.

Either way, all these incidents are just minor symptoms of this disease.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: EveStreet
a reply to: Winstonian

Pretty soon all words will be offensive in some way. We will only be allowed to communicate in small sighs, nods and interpretive dance.

dancing offends me. Please stick to the nods and, if you have to, sighs. sighing is such a negative act, but I think I can manage to cope as long as I have a safe(r) space after.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Do tell.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Follow avpixlat.info for a few months if you want to.

Cover ups is a regular thing, discrimination of natives too. Propaganda and lies is the norm.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I'm not interested in spelling it out for you. Not even a teensy tiny bit. We cultural Marxists are stubborn like that

If you feel like it - you could read my posts leading up to all this - but, it doesn't matter. You're safe - and that's all that matters right now

But - here's to you:

What an intellectual. It's actually almost offensive that this excuse for a human thinks ADHD is such a pain.. it's not a mental illness, hell, it isn't even a real affliction. The philosophy of the times; the complete inversion of stoicism. Where weakness is a virtue, maybe the meek already inherited the Earth. F*ck...

So you guys are using the word snowflake now too? You know, it's not working out for you guys because there is no substance behind it. It simply comes off as unoriginal stupidity. We all know these people are emotionally fragile and unfit to handle the World around them, not catering to their tantrums and telling them to go f*ck themselves is not being emotionally fragile snowflakes just because you guys say so. You're like petty children going.. "Well, you guys are special snowflakes too!" Without explaining why or even defending any of these ridiculous positions. "Well, not really.. you're just saying stuff now." - "Nuh-uh!" Once again, having a problem with emotionally disturbed people is not the same as being emotionally disturbed oneself. The fact that you people are not even reasonable enough to realize this tells me all I need to know, you're not fit enough to construct any type of serious view of the World. And to let such intellectually impaired children into positions of authority is actually a threat to the well being of our civilisation. "Nuh-uh! Snowflake! Snowflake!" Ughh...............

Reacting to stupidity is not the same as being stupid. Likewise, challenging people that are offended by everything and that wants to micromanage everything in the World to cater to their delicate sensibilities is not the same as being offended by everything. I see this worthless argument all the time, it is without substance.

May God bless and keep your Tsar... far away from us

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi

Does Harry Potter swing into anyones mind?

"Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself" - Hermione

pretty sure that was Dumbledore, or do I need to reread them for the 9th time? actually, I think Dumbledore said it and Hermione later repeated him. Could be wrong, but, ya. Big deal and all.
edit on 28-5-2016 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I find it interesting that so many of you come out of the woodwork to defend this article in an underhanded fashion. There are several of you throwing out personal insults, while others throw up a straw man for us to poke at. What you are doing is proving my point. Each person throwing an attack my way is just showing further that this SJW mob rule is in full swing, even here on ATS. One of you said I do not have English comprehension skills (TRIGGERED, I was forced to drop out of school twice in my youth, once because I was kidnapped, and another because I was homeless.) Another several people are going on about how I am the one being a snowflake. A few of you are also saying things that equate to "it's one person they can't do anything to police you."

You are wrong. There is power in numbers, and these types of people have the power to silence and "crybully." They have massive amounts of follower, and they also have the support of the mainstream media. Look at what they did to the Dead Or Alive Team. They STOPPED a video game from being distributed in the USA because they were "offended" by video game characters in bikinis. This group police's words and people on a regular basis. It is effective and powerful.

This type of thing happens all the time. This is a small group of people that wields a very strong voice. You can see examples of this all the time. Look at the "make Captain America gay" campaign. They band together to promote what they want, and then the mainstream media takes off with it like a helicopter.

So go ahead and make fun of me. Gather your small group here and attack every thread with as much vigor as you can muster. Your group has conquered several of the other social platforms on the internet. Twitter is now a safe space echo chamber that is actively censoring tweets and pushing falsely trending hashtags. Facebook is now an SJW's dream. If you hold ideas that line up with this new leftist army, you won't have to be bothered seeing anything that is contrary to your ideology. Good work snowflake squad, you are winning. I am sure that you guys are putting your sights on this community as well. We know who you are. You come out on every thread and use the same straw man ad hominem insult-attack tactics that the other Marxist's use elsewhere.

I won't stop. Every chance and opportunity I get to shine a light on your tactics, I will.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: amicktd

Good job conforming to the stupidity I just explained.

Of course, there's nothing behind the glib comment. Just a vacant non thinking vessel.

No one on our side ever mentioned a safe space, you guys talk about it all the time.. Your comment is meaningless trash.

Aww did I hurt your feelings pointing out the truth. Nobody is going to let your little self limit free speech. Especially on some Internet forum hiding behind an avatar. Get over yourselves already because you and the ones making up this nonsense all based on a blog are the only ones trying to limit free speech.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

(TRIGGERED, I was forced to drop out of school twice in my youth, once because I was kidnapped, and another because I was homeless.)

Why should we care about this?

Why did you feel the need to share that?

Snowflake

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
And? It's a blog. No one is forcing you to do anything. Try not getting so emotional over an opinion.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Is that the Norwegian equivalent of Breitbart News or Prison Planet etc?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

So all her problems really came from people using the word crazy... I thought ADHD was from vaccines myself... who would have thought...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Aww did I hurt your feelings pointing out the truth

That's the other side of the hurt snowflake syndrome. Nobody can hurt them but they can sure dish it out in the most exquisitely vapid way.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

One of you said I do not have English comprehension skills (TRIGGERED,

This is a common attack here on ATS. Another one is deny ignorance (but I get to keep my own special brand of snowflakeness because Im always right...)
Another one is 'You just don't understand/know what -fill in the blank- means"

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

There you go proving my point again.

It was added specifically for the purpose of exposing the hypocritical nature of the way your camp behaves.

SJW's like you pretend that they are fighting for "social justice." You pretend that you care about humanity, you care about the oppressed and "marginalized" groups. You feign love and compassion.

In the end, it is just a big club of bully's. It is all a rouse. It is all just a big charade.

If you are a part of that club and you work toward pushing the agenda of the week, then you are safe. If you don't, then the gloves are off. There is no rule book. The only objective is to win at all costs. Even if that means resorting to dirty tactics such as;
Getting someone fired.
Doxxing.
Personal insults.
Violence.
Attacking the innocent.
Abusing established systems as a weapon. (social media, government, policy, etc.)

The list goes on. The SJW left disgusts me. There is no open discussion with you people. It is all just flinging crap at people and doing whatever you need to in order to shut the opposition up.

No morals. No ethics. No love.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You attacked people for showing their feelings

You don't have to like them - you don't have to agree with them - you don't have to do anything

This is the point

And yet? You attack - and with venom. Sorry - not buying your whiney, me first load of tripe and crybaby bollocks

You - are not - special

It was added specifically for the purpose of exposing the hypocritical nature of the way your camp behaves.

Nice try

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join