It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowflake Language Police Want You To Stop Using The "C" Word

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Nope, don't care.

But you do obviously care. You care - a lot

You replied didn't you? You have a need to make sure that people know how not bothered you are

It's constant - and obvious - and obviously untrue

You least of all are in a safe position to claim that words have no effect on you

edit on 5/28/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I can also say "crazy". and all sorts of other things.

But if we ignore that, we have something to discuss. I.e., peoples expectation of us in a general sense, and how that is applied via social pressure.

If i am expected to act within a society, i should be able to comment on how that society functions.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Good to see the usual suspects, to call someone crazy because on does not like what one says is childish at best.

Its the easiest way to dismiss someone without trying to understand there point of view.

Ats is the new victim forums, hiding behind a fake name and complaining about every little thing.

Snowflakes crying about snowflakes.

What about the extremely delicate snowflakes who complain about the snowflakes crying about snowflakes?

Thats all you got lol, I've got a safe spot for sale, i will even give you a deal on it.

Don't need one, you better save them all for yourself to hide from the scary shadow of the Trump wall.

You must confuse me for someone who's scared of trump, or that i get offended by idiots.

Why would i get offended by someone who claimed that Obama would destroy america with ebola, i might pity someone like that, might even be sad to know that someone is in need of a safe place.

But never offended

link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Dammit Spira. Its too early for you to raise the ante on intellect here.

Im going to have to ponder for a bit to be able to reply appropriately.

But the point about the bully's admiring crew....absolutely correct. When i was younger i noticed the bully's didn't bully when alone in the bathroom with me. Only when it was in front of an audience. It took me a few years beyond high school to realize its because they are insecure and are seeking validation.

But it did create an immediate feeling of disgust within me at bully's. I saw how disingenuous they were in their behavior, saw that the emperor actually wasn't wearing clothes.

link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If i am expected to act within a society, i should be able to comment on how that society functions.

Exactly

So, when people claim that they are no longer free to be complete asshats - because then people complain about it - I have no sympathy
edit on 5/28/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

That whole post of yours is an example of why I still have hope that we can turn this current situation around

Thinking people

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Exactly

So, when people claim that they are no longer free to be complete asshats - because then people complain about it - I have no sympathy

If you are not free to be an asshat, then you are not truly free are you?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Of course. But if someone runs around screaming the sky is falling and then dozens more people start running around screaming that the sky is falling so on and so on... I get to say that it was just one apple that fell and that the sky is fine.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

If we aren't free to tell people they're asshats?

:-)

Freedom of speech is for everyone. Society decides what's acceptable - and that changes all the time. For better - or for worse

We may be looking at someone that's going to try to legislate criticism. A king has so much more to fear than a president when it comes to words

We still have checks and balances in this country - I have faith in that. Let's hope we end up with a president

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

What? He's using the exact same reasoning that you used.

If we're snowflakes for complaining about snowflakes, then you're a snowflake for complaining about us complaining about snowflakes.

In reality, the only snowflakes are the ones that need safe spaces, are avid adherents of newspeak, wants to police language to prevent triggering people, and have so thin skin they'll get offended by anything.

We don't fall under that category.

Your accusation is completely arbitrary, using your reasoning anybody that cares about anything is literally a snowflake.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

What? He's using the exact same reasoning that you used.

If we're snowflakes for complaining about snowflakes, then you're a snowflake for complaining about us complaining about snowflakes.

In reality, the only snowflakes are the ones that need safe spaces, are avid adherents of newspeak, wants to police language to prevent triggering people, and have so thin skin they'll get offended by anything.

Your accusation is completely arbitrary, using your reasoning anybody that cares about anything is literally a snowflake.

Find one post where i complain, i call people out on the bull#, to call someone crazy for not accepting there opinion is childish at best, but yea keep up the victim syndrome lol

Oh and plz don't compare me to tinfoil , he on a special kind of level.

edit on 28-5-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

well, i suppose in this instance words are just shapes.

Words are symbols of thought, and they have suggestive power of their own right. Emotions are waves of feelings that can convey intent and can invoke love, anger, fear, etc.

new managers are warned against the pitfalls of using email to communicate delicate things to people. The intent is all too often lost, and misunderstandings abound.

Not because the written word can easily be misunderstood and/or can't convey emotions correctly, but because the written word is evidence and can make the company liable for stupid/crazy things that "new" managers can say to their employees in writing.

By the way, anthropologists suggest that early human relied more on sign language than articulate grunts of oohs, ahhs and args to communicate and cooperate with other clans and tribes, where guttural grunts could not.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Your protest might be construed as complaining. Otherwise I might as well say that I'm not complaining either, obviously you have some kind of problem with us complaining since you're criticising us. It's all semantics.

Ha! We're calling out this person on her bull#, I guess you're selective about what constitutes calling people out on bull#.

I don't disagree with that, it's an ad-hominem attack. But this person is taking the ever so popular victim mentality to a whole new level, actively trying to be offended, if actively going out of your way to be offended is not crazy in some sense I don't know what is. At the very least it is mentally unhealthy.

Stop f*cking making things up, nothing about us complaining is indicative of a victim mentality. [snipped]
edit on Sat May 28 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Spiramirabilis, Duke of jive, and anyone who still seems to think this is a good idea, I'm going to ask you to stop.

If you were to admit it and quit poking the bear, you would realize, maybe even take pride in, the fact that "your side" materialized its ideas, bonding together, and mobilization based off of what? Certain people made you feel unsafe. In my opinion some of it goes too far, but we are entitled to opinions, and this is not the point of this post.

The point is that while it is noble, maybe even sweet that you might wish to show, in typical playground fashion, the hurt and the pain that was caused by someone calling out your tenderness, it is not all that WISE. It is the hurt and the pain of a semi intellectual who now seems to think it is smart to incite violence in favor of maybe, as childish, hurt semi intellectual point. I'm going to ask you to think about this. Is it really necessary? I'm going to tell you straight quick to get in touch with yourself because no one you are baiting or chiding fears you, if you were to admit it you already know this, and I'll even concede that some folks can actually BE violent. And yes spira-person-whatever, I wrote this, "because I care." So if you got me on that I'd lose more "faith" in your intelligence as a person than I had in the first place. It's not about baiting a person. THINK. I do.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

What you've done is gone and created a big ole safe space for yourself

You're so thinned skinned yourself that you only pick on things that you can't be bothered to think about. It's been pre-chewed, regurgitated - all ready for you to swallow. You've said nothing new - because you aren't prepared to think - only follow

Safe

Do you really think this is something that's going to hurt you - other people's safe spaces?

You flatter yourself

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

What you've done is gone and created a big ole safe space for yourself.

You don't know what his space is like and it isn't your place to assume..

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

Let's let him decide that for himself - shall we?

:-)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join