It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowflake Language Police Want You To Stop Using The "C" Word

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Can i be offended by the snowflakes who are offended by the C word?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Can i be offended by the snowflakes who are offended by the C word?

No. And I'm offended that you asked.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Typical, just deny what's plainly obvious to everyone.

Leave me out of this please. I find it highly offensive that i am being non-voluntarily implicated into this matter as if being in agreement with someone's and anyone's opinion. The total and utter disregard shown here by the misuse of my online identity is practically criminal but certaintly cruel and a clear attempt at defaming my person.

You caused a anxiety attack in me with this. I hope you are happy now.

I feel more awareness should be raised for this issue to which i just had to suffer and any abusive use of anyone's online identity should be protected from intended as much as un-intended abuse as i am sure i am not the only one to have suffered as much pain and distress as i just experienced after seeing this transpire before my very eyes.

Fight with me and please, leave over emotive and over supportive comments on my facebook page for me to read and use.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSat, 28 May 2016 18:56:22 -05001620165America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The "C" word should be "Children".

Cause that what these people are acting like.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

So if I say stop being paranoid of the Left, will you? Apparently that's all it takes...

I don't know what you are talking about. Only a left leaning person would say that. I have every right to not want elements of leftism to ruin liberties in this country and implant communism and statism. I have every right to take a stand against authoritarianism and cultural Marxism. Cultural Marxism is a cancer on society. Liberal Fascism is exactly this --- an incessant need to micro-manage every aspect of our lives in every way right down to the way and the day in which we die---that is Totalitarian... Mussolini coined the term.
You know what's totalitarian is agenda 21.... the need of the state to control how we live, where we live, how much resources we get to use. No more affluence for us because other people in other countries are starving etc. The lie of global warming is to control our lives because insane people like John Holdren believe that its ok to put sterilants in the public water system to force people to not reproduce because too many people are using resources and burning fossil fuels. That's why leftists are sacking coal, shale oil and every other resource that can make our lives better.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

"'Everywhere I look I see a new victim,"
That sounds funky, and I like your rhythm.'

crickets...crickets...

Ok sorry

edit on 28-5-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Go on...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Does the Senate ask Fox News (as just one example) if it's being unbiased in the stories it chooses to run with, or the way those stories are covered?

Well at least it's probably less droll than the Soviet Propaganda machine was in the heyday of the Cold War.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

Go on...
that wasn't long enough for you? The Left is just not used to so much pushback. I mean the squeaky wheel gets the grease right?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

That's a really big ball.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

That's a really big ball.

Whatever Kali, you and I will never agree on anything except the nature of goddess Kali....the consort of Shiva the destroyer of evil.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Aww man... I can't wait til Neil Young and Emotional-Disability Horse go on tour again.
edit on 5/28/16 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I'm eagerly waiting for you to explain yourself.

Have fun weirdo

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
So I guess the phrase "That chick is crazy" is out....sometimes it has nothing to do with intelligence or mental stability something they do on whim that is high risk, for example sticking your tongue to a steel pole in minus -40C.
If you saw a twenty something woman do that you might mention that expression.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

I'm sorry but this chick is bat# crazy..

2nd

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Wait. So is it bad for just feminists to be called crazy or does it apply to everyone?

I think all the crazy people better wear little name tags, just so we know not to call them crazy. Rather, we can ask questions like, "Are you ef'ing crazy" or "Are you bats##t crazy"???

What a bunch of losers, or do we have ask them that too?

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: EveStreet

Pretty soon we are going to be forced to talk like troglodytes. Uga, uga, humm, humm?. Hummm..... Huuuh...

That would be the only way to not "offend" anyone. Heck the word "offend" can be offensive for some people... Heck, the word "people" can be offensive for some, since "some" want to be identified as "it" and not as a person...
edit on 28-5-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

edit on 28-5-2016 by breakingbs because: oops.-

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Kali74

language is purely sounds. Those sounds may elicit various neurochemical responses....but the sounds are nothing more than just sounds. Had I walked into the middle of a bunch of dinosaurs and began reciting Shakespeare, they would have been utterly unimpressed, mostly because they wouldn't be impressed with the sounds I am making, and would have no idea what my intent/meaning was.

What im getting at here is that words mean nothing without intent. I can use the exact same sentence 10 different ways and change the meaning simply by altering inflection.

I can walk up to someone who I have upset and say the words "Are you angry?" in a concerned tone, and express my remorse. Or I could say the exact same 3 words, but inflect a mocking tone.

The words meaning nothing. Its all intent, which is expressed with communication outside of the words (body language, etc).

Words are just sounds. And us animals love making sounds.

I just understood and digested everything that you wrote, without moving my lips, reading out loud or hearing a single sound.

Yes, but how many times have people written one thing on the internet and someone who read it taken it in a different way than it was intended?

When you write straight words on the internet, you are missing all the unconscious cues of nonverbal language we usually read when we speak face to face. Intent is then in the eye of the beholder so to speak.

For example, I could say that you wrote it as straight with no sarcastic mockery intended, but I think you meant to be completely sarcastic because you think are making a profound and deep point or something because you are literate and can read.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join