It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowflake Language Police Want You To Stop Using The "C" Word

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Crawl back into that safe space you treasure so much. I know that's all you really want, to feel safe and protected.

Trigger warning Giggling Deity: so much for your self proclaimed debating skills - you've be reduced to trolling for attention

If you want to talk about safe spaces - lets' talk about the fact that you aren't willing to answer any of my comments directly

Do you need for me to do all your thinking for you - and keep up my end too?

Think again
edit on 5/28/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: introvert

Reason is the capacity for consciously making sense of things, applying logic, establishing and verifying facts.

I'd say reason suffices.

Only if your goal is to reinforce that which you find personally suitable. Sometimes verifiable facts contradict personal reason and logic. Therefore, facts over reason.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I speak of the people that disagree with this insanity.

Your description is a very accurate description of progressives though, a hive a mind, a group of lemmings running off a cliff. It's all the same.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I speak of the people that disagree with this insanity.

Your description is a very accurate description of progressives though, a hive a mind, a group of lemmings running off a cliff. It's all the same.

I've just shown the hive-mind mentality of the Right through the very language they use. You have been doing the same.

Reason and logic would dictate that be hypocrisy.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

There's several uses for the word reason. Personal reason may be subjective, reason as an abstract ideal is not subjective.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Sure. I'll stick to facts. That allows me to be open-minded.

Care to comment on the hive-mind mentality that manifests itself through language?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Like I said, buzzwords are cosmetic and doesn't really matter.

The left is more specific with its use of words though, it's very reminiscent of newspeak, I haven't observed this trend among conservatives.

Take your argument to its logical conclusion and we're all lemmings, we are groups of human using the same languages. It's only natural, surfers in the 90's had a lingo of their own. Rappers do too, so what?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

uhh, "It happens"???

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

There's several uses for the word reason. Personal reason may be subjective, reason as an abstract ideal is not subjective.

Fascinating. (not being sarcastic.)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Not really what I was looking for, but - at least a direct reply to a question asked. Finally

If you actually read at what we could all agree were progressive/leftier leaning sites - you would begin to understand that the left disagrees with itself more than you can (evidently) imagine

It's why I thought that post of yours was so interesting

Conservatives are often like a well oiled machine. Conservatives get hierarchy, they do loyalty - they toe the line. There isn't as much dissent. Not even from the more thoughtful deep thinking conservatives that might not necessarily agree that the best way forward is the way it's heading now. It's impressive in it's own way - if you look at it like an army

Well - it was impressive. You guys got your own Keystone Cops thing going on at the moment - and the fact that you're not used to it?

Priceless

All of that above is of course a generalization. But, I don't think it's an unkind generalization

It's been said that getting liberals/progressives/whatevers to come together is a little bit like herding cats. The cliche holds up. I'll cop to it - and I think you can see that played out here at ATS all of the time

:-)

edit on 5/28/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The left is more specific with its use of words though

Provide examples of terms that the Left uses, ad nauseum.

I haven't observed this trend among conservatives.

I provided a short list of terms the Right uses ad nauseum. You participated in the use of those terms.

It's only natural, surfers in the 90's had a lingo of their own. Rappers do too, so what?

It's indicative of that hive-mentality, not of free-thinking individuals.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

That first sentence of mine describing reason was from Wikipedia by the way.

Reason as an abstract ideal is not subjective.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. We both mean the same thing, facts should reign supreme. Sadly, they don't.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

If you actually read at what we could all agree were progressive/leftier leaning sites - you would begin to understand that the left disagrees with itself more than you can (evidently) imagine

I find this funny, in a "cats in a bag" sort of way. You can feel free to ignore this post.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

Already ignored

:-)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I don't care who's lingo I use. You almost sound like a vain contrarian, do you shy away from certain words because it might associate you with a certain group? I find that immature.

Let's see, microggressions, triggers, islamophobe, homophobe, transphobe.. there's a never ending obsession with redefining our language to control speech.

These terms the right uses aren't meant to redefine our language. Do you have any examples of this? I have one. Progressives now have a new definition for the word racist. According to their new definition racism have to be backed up by institutional power. This is but one example of this trend.

Free thinking individuals don't really care what terms or words they use as long as they get the job done, vainly thinking about what words you use simply to not conform is a waste of time in my opinion. Who cares.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Since for over 30 years it's become taboo for people to say what they honestly think.

Taboo... boohoo. If you said what you honestly thought what would happen? Someone might gasp at you? Being gay used to be taboo, still is in many places in the US yet gay people managed through actual persecution mind you to make a place for themselves on the national stage as equals. You're going to cry persecution because someone might look at you funny? Freaking cowards.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Aw, the poor widdle girlies can't handle a word describing their actions. World's tiniest fricking fiddle moment.

I propose we just start calling them Delta Bravos & substitute the same for every word they take offense to. It might get a little confusing after a few delta bravos per sentence, but the point would be made.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join