It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowflake Language Police Want You To Stop Using The "C" Word

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

We never talk of limiting free speech. We criticize an ideology that is full of holes and devoid of reason.

Many social justice warriors do want to limit free speech though, this is a fact.

You guys are unbelievable, this whole thread is full of made up suppositions and accusations built on nothing but compensating for the very real void of facts and reason.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Be nice, they're probably crazy.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

And often times it's full of lies.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

We never talk of limiting free speech. We criticize an ideology that is full of holes and devoid of reason.

It's funny - the way you talk. As if you belong to one large homogenized group that sees everything the same way and agrees with itself on all things

It's interesting

Do you think that's accurate?

edit on 5/28/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Try AGAIN.

link   
Just an observation, but have any of you noticed how certain people and groups of people that are like-minded seem to use the same terms and phrases over and over? These are examples just from the OP:

"safe space

TRIGGER

feminist-crazy-talk-social-justice-warrior

unique snowflakes

It's the same term and phrases, over and over, by the same people. I also hear these terms used in lots of Right Wing propaganda.

Seems to me a lot of people are brainwashed and that would explain why they all seem to talk the same.

Just a little food for thought.
edit on 28-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

Many social justice warriors do want to limit free speech though, this is a fact.

You guys are unbelievable, this whole thread is full of made up suppositions and accusations built on nothing but compensating for the very real void of facts and reason.

If you say so, this is the first I've heard "crazy" being banned???

I've never heard of the source before, when did everything on the Internet become truth?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I was trying to get you interested in a real conversation Neo

What are you afraid of?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Yes.. keep pretending like you actually have some point behind this vague posturing.

Anyone with discernment will recognise you don't actually have anything of worth to say.

Completely worthless reply as usual.

You just don't get it, that's why you're so desperate to have your own safe space.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

I was trying to get you interested in a real conversation Neo

What are you afraid of?

That was rich.

A real conservation.

In American POLITICS.

What is the PC crowd afraid is the question people should be asking.

Since for over 30 years it's become taboo for people to say what they honestly think.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

You may not be perceptive enough to have discerned this, but nowhere did I ever say that anyone had banned the word crazy.

But yeah, when there's nothing else, just keep making stuff up.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

This is true for both conservatives and progressives, only applying it to one side of the political aisle is disingenuous.

Besides, buzzwords are only cosmetic. In debate reason reigns supreme, not aesthetics. Well, ideally of course.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Yes.. keep pretending like you actually have some point behind this vague posturing.

Anyone with discernment will recognise you don't actually have anything of worth to say.

Completely worthless reply as usual.

You just don't get it, that's why you're so desperate to have your own safe space.

I don't have a safe space though Cackling god - I am out here in the world arguing. If the way I argue bothers you - tough noogies

As my pappy used to say: I don't chew my cabbage twice. I don't owe you an explanation. My words are plain - and obvious

You might not want to read back, contemplate what I'm saying - or work it into this conversation

That is on you

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Hahaha, like you have a clue of the situation where I live. You just assume so because you're inherently biased.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I'll ask again

You criticize the politically correct crowd for imposing limits on your freedom of speech

But - you're still free to say what you want to say. Nobody is stopping you

So, what are you fighting for? What are you afraid of?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

But you do have a safe space.. you're just not perceptive enough to realize it.

Your words are vague and totally without substance, you haven't said a damned thing this whole thread.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

This is true for both conservatives and progressives, only applying it to one side of the political aisle is disingenuous.

I can agree to a certain extent, but the level it seems to be on the Right overshadows anything I have witnessed from the Left. As of now, I cannot think of any one term that is used constantly by the Left-leaning people on this site as an example.

Yet post after post, thread after thread, we see the Right-leaning members using the same terms ad nauseam.

PC, snowflake, triggered, SJW, safe space...the list could go on. It's indicative of a section of society that is exposed to an echo chamber in which they hear the propganda, and repeat it.

Besides, buzzwords are only cosmetic. In debate reason reigns supreme, not aesthetics. Well, ideally of course.

Verifiable facts reign supreme. Reason is a subjective term in which anyone and everyone will believe their position is the most reasonable.
edit on 28-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

But you do have a safe space.. you're just not perceptive enough to realize it. Your words are vague and totally without substance, you haven't said a damned thing this whole thread.

Perhaps you may not be perceptive enough to have discerned what it is I'm saying

:-)

Yeah, I said it - and I meant it

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Crawl back into that safe space you treasure so much.

I know that's all you really want, to feel safe and protected.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Reason is the capacity for consciously making sense of things, applying logic, establishing and verifying facts.

I'd say reason suffices.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join