It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowflake Language Police Want You To Stop Using The "C" Word

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Full Snowflake Article
The world is a fragile place. The intricacies of our language are under attack. We must think about what we say, and how we say it at all times. Anything you say can instantly place someone in the fetal position, balled up in an instantly induced triggering. If you are ever in this situation, please just slowly back away and allow the victim to decompress, allow them some time in a "safe space." Words hurt, and sometimes the words hurt sooo much, that we need to re-evaluate the language we use. We all know that the "n" word is offensive and racist. We all know that the "F" word is offensive and rude. Now, we need to look at the "C" word in a different light. To put it in a BLUNT manner, it isn't that "C" word.

***TRIGGER WARNING****
mental illness references,discussion of feminism,crybaby talky talk

This word, is CRAZY.

In the feminist-crazy-talk-social-justice-warrior-haven-blog "theestablishment", a wonderful article with the intent of policing typical western slang words discusses the nuanced word "crazy." This word can be used in many interchangeable situations, and can take on many meanings. But, if you happen to be a stark raving mad feminist, this word, (AND I QUOTE)

“'Crazy' had helped me own what I felt and thought, but it had also practically immobilized me.”

This lovely feminist woman is on a quest, a quest to reclaim the word crazy. This word needs to be returned to her, so that she can gift it right back to the crazy world of perfect little unique snowflakes. This poor woman is plagued with a very serious mental illness. Her life is an incredible burden, and the word crazy can immobilize her for elongated periods of time. What is this disease, you ask? The debilitating disease, is the one and only ADHD.

So now that we know what this poor soul is inflicted with, let us take a look at her entire article regarding her struggle with the word crazy. This is, of course, a very SERIOUS illness. I can see exactly why she would have such an issue with this word, the "C" word.

"When I finally began feeling uncomfortable hearing other people with public platforms use it, I realized that I was not just contributing to the stigma that harms people with mental illness—I was being lazy and inaccurate. Now, I #ReplaceCrazyWith the word I actually mean."

So the word crazy, is harming people.

“Crazy” is used to describe mental illness so pervasively that to many people, it’s come to sound like slang rather than a slight. Because of this societal conditioning, when the word is newly applicable to you personally, it can take time to strike you as offensive."

We need time to adjust to getting offended. Sometimes you REALLY need to focus on getting offended, really ponder how you should be, and NEED to be offended;

I suddenly realized that almost every time I had used the word “crazy” about something/someone besides myself, I had actually meant something else.

Now that you have forced yourself to get offended, this is the next step, which is to force everyone else to feel offended, after we force ourselves into forcing it upon other people:

We all have to do what we feel to fight stigma and raise awareness.

The pain and agony of ADHD was and is a really tough ongoing battle for this snowflake. It was so rough!!!

And besides, nightly panic attacks and daily sobbing fits were hardly the worst thing I’d seen or heard of; I was miserable, but I wasn’t seeing things that weren’t there or dealing with violent outbursts.

All of the YEARS of misery caused by ADHD will then take you into a self blame garden, filled with weeds and the emotional guilt of trying to force yourself into being offended by the word crazy:

It took multiple misdiagnoses—most notably bipolar disorder—in my early 20s, followed by a long period of thinking that I was just a miserable failure at life, to understand the power of the word “crazy.” I’d internalized it so much that the stigma seeds sown during my childhood had grown into a self-blame garden.

In summary, please refrain from using the "C" word. It is very offensive to special blue haired snowflake feminists that have forced themselves into being offended by a common every day word.

This is modern feminism. Let the offense begin.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Wait. So is it bad for just feminists to be called crazy or does it apply to everyone?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I have this mental image of Thomas Jefferson and George Washington playing a spirited game of Russian Roulette, just to see which one could roll over in their graves first.

Wait... that's crazy.

Yet, so am I... but I own it

edit on 28-5-2016 by madmac5150 because: Nyquil shots with a Rolling Rock chaser

+7 more 
link   
As I was reading I was expecting a different "c" word.

This type of thinking is a byproduct of a mental disorder.

link   
a reply to: Winstonian
mistake
edit on 28 5 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

OMG...I...can't....even.

How dare you say the "C" word?! I just told you that you have to be offended by it now!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Damn that's my favourite word when talking about most Politicians.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Well hey, I'm confused man. What about crazy Christians?

Surely it's still ok to use the word in that context, right?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Fine. You think that word isn't bad, I think you are crazy. "Sarah Palin Looney as a Toon Crazy".

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Well hey, I'm confused man. What about crazy Christians?

Surely it's still ok to use the word in that context, right?

If he thinks it;s fine, it must be fine.

+26 more 
posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Pretty soon all words will be offensive in some way. We will only be allowed to communicate in small sighs, nods and interpretive dance.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: EveStreet

Pretty soon all words will be offensive in some way. We will only be allowed to communicate in small sighs, nods and interpretive dance.

That is ridiculous.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
My new addition to the next DSM: A clinical definition. Bat $h!t Crazy: The delusion that you are sane, when "Multiple Meigs" is in the cell next door.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I would like to claim the word Dumbass
Because almost every time someone is called a dumbass it isn't me.
It's offending. I am not all kinds of people, I'm just one. Hence all kinds of people call all kinds of people dumb, dumbass or ass. Or any combination with those words... I want them back.

+20 more 
posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I knew you would be here bringing your gloom cloud. I was actually thinking about you while writing this.

I said to myself "I bet Zie one of the first responses will be from Zeldra, Zier will come out of Eir safespace to let us know how evil Xemself are."

Looks like I am a psychic.

Do Xem have any psychological issues that Xirselfd should be aware of in case of emergency?

Let eirself know,

I hope I used the proper terminology. All of this rewriting society and language is tough for me.

Thanks (jazz hands for approval)
edit on 28-5-2016 by Winstonian because: Added SJW approved terminology to previously offensive wording.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: EveStreet

Ummm...now...that...is hilarious...true...but hilarious nonetheless...

You've just illustrated how...progressives...are actually quite regressive...
Soon...we'll all be back to our roots...swinging through the branches...then settling down to pick our nits in a more studied fashion...all while gazing longingly at the savanna...

Heretofore...progressives shall be called...regressives...cause they're obviously bass-ackwards...

A special snowflake kind of...crazy

From one...poetic justice warrior...to none other...

YouSir

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Good think i don't care.

I'm at war with hyper sensitive rich kids with easy lives.

You don't see this bs coming from poor neighborhoods.

+2 more 
posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Since they also have the ability to self-diagnose, from now on I'll refer to them as crazyflakes.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

We must think about what we say, and how we say it at all times.

Ah, did someone have a hard time with their English teacher in high school? Did she constantly point out your reading comprehension problems and biases? Is this your way of getting back at English teachers everywhere?

The title of the article, which you failed to mention is: Replace ‘Crazy’ With The Adjective You Actually Mean. In other words, challenge yourself to stop stereotyping and using trite little boxes and reach inside your mind to find the words that convey what you're really trying to say.

It seems that you're the special snowflake that doesn't like to be challenged by English teachers and your own language and communication skills.

Totally! Literally! You be Cray Cray!

edit on 28-5-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
"Control freak" may be next on the list. Looking for things to be offended about is such a control-freak activity that the people who do it are bound to see the term as a description of themselves and be offended accordingly.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join