It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police, Direct Entry Superintendent Farts In Spacesuit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Steve White has no talent for simile.

I think the simile he was looking for was: spare p***k at a wedding.

Kester - absolutely agree with your remarks about binmen.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Direct entry Superintendents predominantly in London are a way of forcing 'Diversity' into senior ranks. Police forces nationwide struggle to mirror the ratio of BME officers to the areas they police and they are desperate to alleviate this point.

The truth is some cultures are just not interested for whatever reason (mistrust/respect from peers etc) in joining not matter what insentives they throw at them so police forces remain predominantly white males.

My prediction for the future of the traditional bobby is a grim one. With the prospect of a very good pension after 30 years service now been stripped away, continued cuts, unsociable shift patterns, reduced take home salary now make the job unattractive.

That entailed with a CKP/PLC entry qualification needed before application which means older prospective applicants would not be able to get time away from childen and financial responsibilities to study for. This means only younger people apply who are all too happy to take on the job at much lower wages than their older peers doing the same job.

Without the prospect of the pension to work towards, these young officers will stay a few years to get it on their CV then leave. What's the point in staying is a job (once the novelty of driving fast in a police car wears off) where your mates are deputy retail managers, work sociable hours and are on more than you?

Police forces will become more direct entry at all ranks, and all police civilian staff roles made redundant by outsourcing to 3rd party companys G4S/Serco etc.

This all means to the public, a substandard service which will get worse as time progresses.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Believe it or not the 'no swearing' is a thing now. Police training has the air of a university campus these days. I was delivering some public order training a couple of years ago (part of a military demo and trade of techniques thing) was chastised by the inspector overseeing it at the end for too much harsh language. Apparently a couple of the female recruits didn't like being told to 'f*** of you slag' during the role playing and complained! I was a bit taken aback as I thought we were quite restrained and actually held back a lot.

I politely informed the inspector that they will come into a lot worse than that on the street and if they couldn't handle that then maybe they aren't quite robust enough for the job. By not exposing trainees to fear, violence and nasty words the instructors are doing their charges a huge disservice and preparing them to fail.

The biggest problem with policing on my opinion is that they are no longer viewed as something to be respected. It happened around the time they went from being a pilice FORCE to a police SERVICE. In a world where you encounter violence, respect needs a bit of fear. I was # scared of the police at the time. I knew if I was caught doing something a bit naughty I could expect a swift boot in the arse by the peelers. The police were big guys who could handle themselves. These days they seem to be a bunch of post grad kids.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

Thanks for the reply, You are quite correct from my perspective but I would gather that other forces around the world don't have a strict regime of punctuality.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

Unfortunately our universities went down the PC road hook line and sinker and they have sunk common sense and straightforwardness with their efforts. Ann awful lot to be changed if their graduates are to actually take part in the real world. This academic pollyanna attitude to the world is naive and makes the country actually weaker. Something has influenced our universities and who and how needs to be identified and removed. As a country we have a good human rights and respectful attitude but one can go over the top into orbit with it and be taken advantage of.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Was there evidence of this long planed private take over of British policing in your post? Or did I miss that? I have long suspected this to be the case but as far as I'm aware there is no evidence available.

I actually think it wouldn't hurt for council leaders to work along side binmen or in PC terms "waste disposal engineers"
and other essential services. It might give them an actual "clue" as to how the real world works.
Good post starred and flagged

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Speak for yourself, you might think your own farts smell of roses but no one else does.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I'd say the evidence is in the entire policing landscape.

Back in 2012 it was presented in very different ways by different parties, and so it goes on.

Former deputy prime minister Lord Prescott launched a campaign to "keep the police public" today, warning that bringing in private security firms could lead to the privatisation of bobbies on the beat.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

Policing Minister Nick Herbert has denied private firms will be involved in patrols and said any suggestion that the moves represented the privatisation of policing was "mischievous and misguided".

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Sorry to be a pedantic git, but the second quote you provided is trying to say the opposite of the claim.
Maybe you were being fair and putting both sides of the argument forward, but that doesn't mean it's not in the works though does it? I mean with the slow and steady approach to privatization in everything else it wouldn't surprise me what so ever...

Today our governments and big corporations are so entangled with one another, they may as well be the same entity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join