It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tells California 'there is no drought'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
IMO Trump is a blowhard, narcissistic, pathological liar. He just makes up stuff on the fly, knowing that a good percentage of people will accept it without question. He reminds me of things I’ve read about the cult leader Jim Jones of the People’s Temple, who deceived his followers and led them to their deaths (mass suicide) in Jonestown, Guyana back in the late 70’s. In the Jim Jones case, he convinced his followers that they should commit what he called "revolutionary suicide" by drinking cyanide-laced Kool-Aid. In the Trump case, I imagine it more likely having something to do with initiating the launch codes.

I think Trump rallies should start using This Song as an opener when he walks on stage.

Yes, Mr. Trump, there is no drought in California, the sun does not rise in the East, and you are the Lord and Saviour.

God Bless America!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
"There is no drought"

What the calif government calls drought is the normal weather for calif. 4 to 6 wet years then periods of dryer that last 10 to 20 years.

Any above that is above normal rainfalls.

Then you throw in a few super rain years of El Nino every 10 to 15 years. this was NOT a good El Nino and you only get a good El Nino about every 3 for 4 El Nino's.

Where i live in the Calif desert the big rains are not El Nino's but are southwestern monsoons and pacific hurricanes that come up the calif gulf.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
"There is no drought"

What the calif government calls drought is the normal weather for calif. 4 to 6 wet years then periods of dryer that last 10 to 20 years.

Any above that is above normal rainfalls.

Then you throw in a few super rain years of El Nino every 10 to 15 years. this was NOT a good El Nino and you only get a good El Nino about every 3 for 4 El Nino's.

Where i live in the Calif desert the big rains are not El Nino's but are southwestern monsoons and pacific hurricanes that come up the calif gulf.
en.wikipedia.org...

A Drought is a Drought - - - whether its normal weather patterns or not.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

not according to the university of Colorado teacher I was chatting with. it's world wide and it's not good.

and, this particular climatologist does NOT believe climate change is man made.

I hope if trump is elected he doesn't do something drastic with the management of water in CA. that would be scary : /

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: ANNED

not according to the university of Colorado teacher I was chatting with. it's world wide and it's not good.

and, this particular climatologist does NOT believe climate change is man made.

I hope if trump is elected he doesn't do something drastic with the management of water in CA. that would be scary : /

Like making more water storage would be drastic. Oooooooh they might disturb an earth worm, get out the enviro-nazis to stop the horror.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Trump could say the Earth is flat and his moronic followers would make a case for it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Are you sure Phage? I seem to recall them finding water lots of it.. hmm i hope my timeline hasn't changed again.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

To be fair, I've heard other presidential nominees and even elected Presidents say things that were far more outlandish that what he's claimed here.

Obama is a current example of someone who talks out of their bubbly-cheeks a lot and yet many give the slacker a free pass.

If you're in office, you have to have a sense of responsibility, accountability, actually *care* about the people you chose to serve, their rights - and have a healthy sense of humor....and for almost 8 years, he's exhibited not one of those qualities.

Politicians just kick the problems down the road for the next chump to take care of...and the problems they've piled up for us, while being lax in their care, jobs and responsibilities are placed squarely on the shoulders of us all - political affiliation doesn't matter for that, we're screwed. We *need* someone who has business acumen, a spine and not afraid to speak, regardless if a mistake is made, owning it and moving forward.

Trump made a stupid statement...that's one of many, but if we're going tit-for-tat...then he's got enough ground to make up for stupid statements when compared to Obama, he'd have to do a dozen a day or more and actually try to beat the current record.

If he's elected will many groan? Absolutely. People groaned when Obama took office.

Will he do all he can to put the country back on track, despite pissing off people who think they're owed something they didn't earn? Absolutely.

Will he be able to make a dent in the 'legacy' Obama left him? I'm sure of it.

Remember all the campaign promises Obama made - and the one that he criticized Bush for ballooning the national deficit to where it sat when he was campaigning...Obama said it was a disgrace and 'Un-American' - so now where is the national deficit sitting? Didn't he promise to LOWER it? And people are clamoring over a comment on water.

Could resources be pulled together to help fix the water issue? Yes. How? We don't know yet, despite the political landscape and the average IQ in the United States, there are still well-educated people who can think and create solutions to problems - regardless of what it may be.

So, poke fun at them all, they want public eye, give it to them. I don't give anyone a free pass..you f-up and I'll be there to laugh my arse off. This is no different.

edit on 28-5-2016 by BlackboxInquiry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Are you sure Phage?
Yes.

I seem to recall them finding water lots of it.. hmm i hope my timeline hasn't changed again.
No. No timeline change, just people not understanding what was actually said.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What do you think of these?

gizmodo.com...

This is incredible. Scientists have found an underground water reserve in Kenya so large that it could meet the entire country's water needs for the next 70 years. Using satellite, radar and geological technology, scientists found an aquifer—an underground layer of water-bearing material—that contains 200 billion cubic meters of fresh water.

www.newscientist.com...

By Andy Coghlan A reservoir of water three times the volume of all the oceans has been discovered deep beneath the Earth’s surface. The finding could help explain where Earth’s seas came from. The water is hidden inside a blue rock called ringwoodite that lies 700 kilometres underground in the mantle, the layer of hot rock between Earth’s surface and its core. The huge size of the reservoir throws new light on the origin of Earth’s water. Some geologists think water arrived in comets as they struck the planet, but the new discovery supports an alternative idea that the oceans gradually oozed out of the interior of the early Earth. “It’s good evidence the Earth’s water came from within,” says Steven Jacobsen of Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. The hidden water could also act as a buffer for the oceans on the surface, explaining why they have stayed the same size for millions of years.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Scientists have discovered huge reserves of freshwater beneath the oceans kilometres out to sea, providing new opportunities to stave off a looming global water crisis.

Scientists have discovered huge reserves of freshwater beneath the oceans kilometers out to sea, providing new opportunities to stave off a looming global water crisis. A new study reveals that an estimated half a million cubic kilometers of low-salinity water are buried beneath the seabed on continental shelves around the world.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
He's right you know...
There is no drought just artificial scarcity.

To those who seem to have forgot that California is a desert climate with limited rain and requires much of it's water from the rocky mountains via the Colorado river. They are indeed experiencing a lack of water. But most of their water issues stem from the few hundred million gallons of water that is wasted on things like pools and fountains. Turning cities in the middle of the desert green is the primary reason why California is having a water crisis.

It's sad the Colorado river has not emptied into the pacific ocean in like a decade. It's all used up...

I see they normal crew here bashing Trump without any real foresight into the matters at hand. Like usual I won't engage any of you further than this post because debating people here has become overly repetitive. All I see is another case of Trump talking over peoples heads.
edit on 28-5-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

But most of their water issues stem from the few hundred million gallons of water that is wasted on things like pools and fountains.
Once a pool is full, that's pretty much it. Once a fountain is full, that's pretty much it. They do, of course, experience evaporation but a few hundred millions of gallons? Over what time period?

It's sad the Colorado river has not emptied into the pacific ocean in like a decade. It's all used up...
The Colorado never emptied into the Pacific Ocean.

edit on 5/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Most of the water goes to agriculture and cattle. NOT fountains and pools or even cities. Cities and people only use like 25% of the water. The other 75% goes to agriculture.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

I see they normal crew here bashing Trump without any real foresight into the matters at hand. Like usual I won't engage any of you further than this post because debating people here has become overly repetitive. All I see is another case of Trump talking over peoples heads.

I love the arrogance displayed by Trump supporters when they are factually incorrect in what they say.

They get so indignant and blame everyone else and say they won't even discuss the topic because everyone else is too dumb to know what's going on. LOLOLOL

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I love the willful IGNORANCE display by Trump Critics that refuse to READ.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

From the LA Times.

Dated LAST MONTH.

Heavy rains in March and a plentiful snowpack had raised hopes for farmers denied their usual allotments of inexpensive federal water by the four-year drought. Bureau officials had just dumped thousands of cubic feet of water from the Shasta Reservoir, the state's biggest, because it was in danger of overflowing from early snowmelt.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The government is keeping the water in Lake Mead at historically low levels for some reason.
The recent snow melt that brought the level of lake Powell and other sources way up has been held back.
The drought broke temporarily but longer term there is likely to be further water shortage.
Maybe they want to motivate measures like building desalination plants so this cycle stops repeating?
So these are canal fish that require just the right brackish water mix to sustain their population?
Trump apparently researched the subject.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah man. I live here. I'm aware of the conditions here.

One big rain and snow pack isn't going to solve our problem guy. I explained all about that earlier in the thread and am not about to do it again. But basically a major part of our water problem has to do with what we've already pumped out of the ground decade after decade that we can't just refill with a few heavy rains.

Some good rain and snow is great but only for that year, if that long. This is a problem that isn't solved that easy.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
He's right. I lived here my whole life. The problem is over consumption by Big Agro, Industry and now more currently, Fracking and water bottling companies like Nestles.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: neo96

Yeah man. I live here. I'm aware of the conditions here.

One big rain and snow pack isn't going to solve our problem guy. I explained all about that earlier in the thread and am not about to do it again. But basically a major part of our water problem has to do with what we've already pumped out of the ground decade after decade that we can't just refill with a few heavy rains.

Some good rain and snow is great but only for that year, if that long. This is a problem that isn't solved that easy.

You're right. Stop the agriculture corporations from drilling into the aquifer right in their orchards. Hard to spot, they do it secretly, disguising it, but there should be enormous fines when caught.

Otherwise the number and storage capacity of reservoirs and dams is pretty much fixed. They aren't building new ones, depleting the ones we have due to greed and over use.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Stop the agriculture corporations from drilling into the aquifer right in their orchards. Hard to spot, they do it secretly, disguising it, but there should be enormous fines when caught.
They don't own the water under their land?

In most areas of California, overlying land owners may extract percolating ground water and put it to beneficial use without approval from the State Board or a court. California does not have a permit process for regulation of ground water use. In several basins, however, groundwater use is subject to regulation in accordance with court decrees adjudicating the ground water rights within the basins.

www.waterboards.ca.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join