It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tells California 'there is no drought'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

It's far more complicated than Trump's bleat that they'll just turn the water on for the farmers. In addition, the less water that flows down to the delta means that more saltwater flows up it, changing the ecology still further. Water management in a time of drought is difficult. And California is in drought. Here.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: BlueAjah

It's far more complicated than Trump's bleat that they'll just turn the water on for the farmers. In addition, the less water that flows down to the delta means that more saltwater flows up it, changing the ecology still further. Water management in a time of drought is difficult. And California is in drought. Here.

Right. Very complicated. CA is a very diverse, large state, with high population.

Here's a real source:

California Action Plan Final for 2016

resources.ca.gov...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Good video on the man made drought.

Good link on the man made drought.

California Drought Caused by Environmental Activists

Basically, environmental radicals have cause hundreds of Billions of gallons to be flushed into the ocean. Since 2008, 1.4 Trillion gallons just for the Delta Smelt.

They have also caused California to have a storage emergency. Since 1970, over 30 dams have been removed in CA for fish habitat. Eliminating over 100 Billion gallons of storage, and causeing CA to lose half of all rainfall to be washed into the sea.

Three point plan to fix the man made water crisis. From the article.

• Return Delta pumping to normal operations at federal and state pumps. Because normal pumping levels are already paid for, this measure would cost taxpayers zero dollars.

• Fix the San Joaquin River Settlement. Instead of continuing to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on an unworkable scheme to recreate salmon runs, we should turn the San Joaquin River into a year-round flowing river with recirculated water. This approach would be good for the warm-water fish habitat and for recreation, and it would save taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars that will otherwise go down the salmon-run rat hole.

• Expedite and approve construction of major new water projects. This should include building the Temperance Flat dam along the San Joaquin River, raising Shasta dam to increase its reservoir capacity, expanding the San Luis Reservoir and approving construction of the Sites Reservoir in the Sacramento Valley. Because water users themselves should rightfully pay for these projects, they would cost federal taxpayers zero dollars.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
why no one calls him out on this crap, and demand that he give a coherent answer is beyond me.....I live in California, and the ground level has sunk 6 feet in parts of the southern central valley, destroying small levees used for irrigation on farms. trump tells lies almost on a daily basis, and his supporters do not have a problem with that.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

I didn't know that 'environmental activists' can cause rain to stop falling from the sky. Gosh, they're so powerful!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
All this is, is CA following the UN Agenda 21 and 2030 Sustainable Development agendas. This is rationing. This is sustainable development. Where the government turns off the pumps and blames you for harming the weather.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog

Who is behind The National Alliance for Environmental Reform?

Makers of this video.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I didn't know that 'environmental activists' can cause rain to stop falling from the sky. Gosh, they're so powerful!

I didn't realize rain stopped falling in CA. Oh that's right, it didn't.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I didn't realize rain stopped falling in CA. Oh that's right, it didn't.

No, just less of it. That's why it's called a 'drought'.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Makers of this video.

What's that got to do with the facts contained in said video?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Yeah it's a drought. Not a crisis like the Governor claims.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Yeah it's a drought. Not a crisis like the Governor claims.

I'm afraid that Brown is quite right. It is a drought and because of that the aquifers aren't refilling. California really does need to take a long hard look at its current water management policies. If the aquifers ever run dry then that spells disaster.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Makers of this video.

What's that got to do with the facts contained in said video?

Who's behind it and who's agenda it is, is not important? Since when?

Just because you want to believe this video is fact - - does not make it fact.

Other then finding out its a Non-Prophet organization - - - there's nothing.

edit on 28-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Don't worry, Brown is already restricting farmer's groundwater. This was foreseeable. It was obviously an crisis manufactured to bring about a cultural change in CA, i.e. conservation and "sustainable" living.

This is obvious problem-reaction-solution.

These asshats knew when they turned of the farmers surface water, they would use their wells to pump more from the ground.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Sounds like no agenda then. Unless you can prove otherwise, dispute the facts.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

So. Non religious then.

Non-prophet. Get it?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So. Non religious then.

Non-prophet. Get it?

LOL - - - that is not the first time I've done that. I even looked at it, new something was wrong, and posted it anyway.

So far I've found the maker of the film is Ray Mcnally, a Republican political consultant who is anti-Trump.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Wasn't there a find a couple of years ago in which Scientists mentioned finding a Zillion gallons of Water beneath the ground? Funny how they say water is 'running out'. Perhaps it's just being kept from the general population so Nestle's who thinks Water is Not a human right, can continue making billions of $$$ taking Billions of gallons of water to create Chocolate no one actually needs.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Wasn't there a find a couple of years ago in which Scientists mentioned finding a Zillion gallons of Water beneath the ground?

No. It was found that there is a large quantity of hydrated minerals in Earth's mantle. Not really water.
edit on 5/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Wasn't there a find a couple of years ago in which Scientists mentioned finding a Zillion gallons of Water beneath the ground? Funny how they say water is 'running out'. Perhaps it's just being kept from the general population so Nestle's who thinks Water is Not a human right, can continue making billions of $$$ taking Billions of gallons of water to create Chocolate no one actually needs.

I think we're just using up our resources.

No conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join