It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tells California 'there is no drought'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Last count they found 1 fish www.mercurynews.com...

Cant we just build an aquarium for him? He would be safer and a whole lot cheaper.

But, this is about a Water War. Read up on whats happening a little farther north in Southern Oregon and the Natives trying to keep their little dams. Someone needs to do a documentary about California's water wars. EPA, Nestle, need to get out of the West Coasts business. Useless jobs "created" by Govt. To give little hitlers power and control. Its sickening.

The EPA is trying to control what little land is left in the West for regular people to own. The Govt owns 1/2 of California lands, big farming and big lumber owns 47% and us peons get a whopping 3%. No wonder land is so expensive in California.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

The government does not own that land, we taxpayers do. I do not want it auctioned off to mining and lumber interests, and I do not want Nestle and Evian to have a stranglehold on the fresh water supply. Los Angeles is a drain on the water resources of the entire American West. There is nothing that small fingered vulgarian can do to change that... unless he's planning on nuking LA. Come to think of it, that might also fix his "Mexican Problem."

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
i was sitting next to a climatologist at local bar last year. he used to teach at university of Colorado in boulder. i asked him if he believed climate change was man made - he didn't

but, he went on and on about the water shortage situation, especially in the middle east.

scary stuff.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

They let us believe we own that land. But in reality camping is limited to 14 consecutive days, with a 30 day total camping limit per year. And big corps can obtain mining leases and timber leases for the "public lands". But I double dare you to use a gold pan at Whiskeytown Lake, using a hand trowel or without obtaining a permit. I was camping at Whiskey and I dont always sleep in a tent, in the middle of the night rangers came through with flash lights counting how many people were sleeping in the space. And I was charged an extra 10 for having an extra vehicle. Tell me again how we the people own the land??

Also, my homeless brother spent 30 days in county for "felony camping" on public land.

edit on 28-5-2016 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

They let us believe we own that land. But in reality camping is limited to 14 consecutive days, with a 30 day total camping limit per year.

Can you imagine what the land would look like if 300 million people were allowed to camp there indefinitely?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Trump seriously thinks he's running for king or dictator or evil emperor.

link   
Stupid tablet
edit on 5282016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

link   
Sorry
edit on 5282016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Probably not as big a dent as you would think since this is the truth about Govt land ownership bigthink.com...

* The United States Forest Service (USFS), which oversees timber harvesting, recreation, wildlife habitat protection and other sustainable uses on a total of 193 million acres – almost the size of Turkey – mainly designated as National Forests.

* The National Park Service (NPS) conserves lands and resources on 80 million acres – a Norway-sized area – in order to preserve them for the public. Any harvesting or resource removal is generally prohibited.

* the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), managing 248 million acres [5] – an area the size of Egypt – has a multiple-use, sustained-yield mandate, supporting energy development, recreation, grazing, conservation, and other uses.

* the Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) manages 89 million acres – an area slightly bigger than Germany – to conserve and protect animal and plant species.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The 'fish' is used so that the correct people can be bought and paid. All of a sudden during another local election cycle, and when there is a new governor, a bill passes that most people forgot about. It is called a deal. What Trump is explaining is a deal. Things like this are done all the time.

As far as 'public land' Teddy Roosevelt fixed all that with the The Antiquities Act of 1906. If you think imminent domain is bad, read what not only the government but the POTUS can do with full authority.

So, actually, if Trump was the POTUS he may be able to help. History is an awesome thing folks....read it.
edit on 05am31amf0000002016-05-28T08:40:06-05:000806 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Profusion

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump told California voters Friday that he can solve their water crisis, declaring, "There is no drought."

Speaking at a rally in Fresno, Calif., Trump accused state officials of denying water to Central Valley farmers so they can send it out to sea "to protect a certain kind of three-inch fish."

"We're going to solve your water problem. You have a water problem that is so insane. It is so ridiculous where they're taking the water and shoving it out to sea," Trump said at a rally that drew thousands.
Trump tells California 'there is no drought'

"There is no drought"

"You have a water problem that is so insane"

Can someone explain how that's not a contradiction?

That is kinda crazy.

How many states get their water from the Colorado River?

Maybe he wants to dam the river at the border, so Mexico gets no water.

Awesome idea.
The federal government can undertake massive civil engineering projects, ones that are needed for California to end its mismanagement and lack of new infrastructure contributing to its water problem.
If everyone contributes ideas to the Trump train like you, this country is going to prosper again.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The amendment was simple. It would have prevented the federal government from spending any money to implement biological decisions that are denying Californians access to essential water supplies from the Delta. This prohibition would have lasted one year.

nunes.house.gov...

From 2009

California collects and distributes water through large infrastructure projects, including reservoirs and aqueducts. These reservoirs have the potential to hold about 42 million acre-feet of water, enough to submerge all of Iowa in nearly knee-deep water. However, each year one-half of the rain and snow that falls in California is permitted to run off without being managed. Of the water that is managed, nearly one-half is used for environmental purposes, such as providing in-stream flows for fish and to provide habitat for other wildlife.

www.wsj.com...

The Westlands Water District, known for its affluent Republican farmers, its political clout and its bedeviling lack of water, would receive a paltry 5% of its federal water allocation.

www.latimes.com...

California's problems are MAN MADE.

Not caused by mother nature.

Trump critics ?

Epic FAIL.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

But, this is about a Water War. Read up on whats happening

How do you know what you're reading is credible?

Is it the one you want to believe?

This war has many sides.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: visitedbythem

For irrigation? That would be sort of pricey, wouldn't it?

There is enough water to drink. It's the almonds and lawns that seem to be the problem. Sucking up that ground water.

I heard some crazy figure, that almond trees need like 1,000 gallons of water to make a pound of almonds. Are they really that thirsty?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

a reply to: visitedbythem

For irrigation? That would be sort of pricey, wouldn't it?

There is enough water to drink. It's the almonds and lawns that seem to be the problem. Sucking up that ground water.
That will be the price of living in a dessert. Want to farm a dessert? Its gonna cost you.... Right? How much sense does it make to farm a dessert to begin with?

If I had to farm a dessert, I would definitely farm brownie-tatos.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
This is a classic example of Trump being Trump. He meets a group of special interest people (in this case farmers), promises that he understands what they're going through (he doesn't), claims that he can solve all their problems (but then doesn't exactly explain how) and then leaves. In a week's time if someone calls him out on what he said, like the fact that he said that there's no drought, he'll deny that he said it, because he's a giant bloviating puffball of hair with a cheato suspended beneath him who has no shame.

Truer words never spoken.

He is a con man that's had both failures and successes.

Will his tactics work as president? I don't know. Personally I can't see it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
If trump says there's no drought then it is thus.

Im in OC and i remember water conservation efforts last summerto about October.. it was grim.

Hes a billionaire after all. Im sure he can influence whoever he needs to in order to give cali water again. This is America, its all about 'influencing' using money,power, other*

Lets be great again!
Trump will take america where it needs to go Asap.

Hey if Obama getting elected would be the moment where the seas stopped rising and the temperatures went back down then I'm sure Trump can make a 'Uge pipe under the wall to pump flood waters from the Mississippi to Cali For Nee Way.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ
Hmm, Pipe line of Alaska, not for Oil but for ice from the glaciers, A true shovel ready job, Wrap the pipe in solar heated electrical tape to keep the pipe line flowing, Have people chopping ice from big blocks to little blocks and throwing them into the pipe, End target of pipe system be the lakes that are low, fill the north one first and connect the ones south to the northern one.

There we go, More fresh water.

Gainful employment for those willing to move an chop ice.

Sure the northern ice line is receding, but the further it goes, why let it go to waste up there, Pipe it south where it will help.

There we go a ready Made Business Solution.

My friend has been pushing this idea for years. Why can't/won't we do it?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

They let us believe we own that land. But in reality camping is limited to 14 consecutive days, with a 30 day total camping limit per year.

Can you imagine what the land would look like if 300 million people were allowed to camp there indefinitely?

My brother runs a camp.

On "first snow" weekend, when people do day trips, he filled his pickup with trash left behind several times to take to the dump. Plus booting people off private property. Even though there were signs posted.

its surprising how many people just don't care. You'd think they'd teach their kids "what you carry in, you carry out".
edit on 28-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

If the growers are making money off that pricey water, why should you pay for it?
In any case the notion of desalinization being used for irrigation water is ridiculous.

Why? We are going to have more mouths to feed. Solar is always getting cheaper. Desalinization is definitely the future of agriculture. Are we at that price point yet? Maybe not. But it's not ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join