It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tells California 'there is no drought'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

I used to fish in Pyramid lake when I was younger. That lake is absolutely massive and deep as hell. I was once told about a plane that crashed in there and it went so deep they couldn't even recover anything. Not sure if that's true or not.

But I pulled a 8 lbs. cut throat trout out of there once.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Maybe we need to tax the air too. We are taxing the crap out of ourself. We didnt like it when the Brittish did that, but its ok now, as long as its someone else paying. Gonna tax homegrown tomatos too? Zucchini? If someone is selling it, ok. But we need to back off the tax and spent addiction, and tell central bankers to take a flying f@cking leap. We need to stop the constant war nonsense, and take care personally of our poor and homeless. As for water.... Live in a dessert? Want it? Pay a premium for it or move

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

The idea was No Taxation without Representation. Meaning we should get something for our money and have some say as to where it goes. I, like you, don't feel that I'm getting much for my money.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

If the growers are making money off that pricey water, why should you pay for it?
In any case the notion of desalinization being used for irrigation water is ridiculous.

edit on 5/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: odzeandennz
If trump says there's no drought then it is thus.

Im in OC and i remember water conservation efforts last summerto about October.. it was grim.

He's got some very green lawns on his PV Golf course. Had to have paid someone off to build there.

www.trumpnationallosangeles.com...

That does look ridiculous. I wonder if he pays higher rates? pays fines?

There had to be kick backs and city deals.

It was no build land.

If true, that should be spread around the media. It is already here. People can use their own social media. Can send the description to petty much anywhere.

Probably won't get much out of Rancho Palos Verdes Estates.

You might say, they protect their own.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Fly a drone over it. With video of the sprinklers running.
Then post it on youtube! Look! A golf course in California! Watering the grass!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Fly a drone over it. With video of the sprinklers running.
Then post it on youtube! Look! A golf course in California! Watering the grass!

That sounds fun. I have to admit, its a beautiful place. He doesn't do things half way.

But, here's some of the stuff that went on.

Now the mogul is suing the small town, and suing big. He wants $100 million from a city with an annual budget just shy of $20 million.

In a lawsuit filed this week, Trump accused the city of fraud and civil rights violations, contending that the city was refusing to allow improvements needed to maintain the "Trump image," including a clubhouse terrace and a row of ficus trees he was forced to cut down earlier.

"I've been looking forward for a long time to do this," Trump said of the lawsuit Friday in a phone interview from New York. "The town does everything possible to stymie everything I do." But city leaders and some residents said the lawsuit was just another attempt by the real estate mogul to bully the community and avoid playing by the rules. They call it the culmination of his history of run-ins with officials from the upscale, picturesque city of nearly 46,000 set amid the coves and beaches of the Palos Verdes Peninsula.

"We have bent over backwards many, many times to work with Donald Trump," said Clark, who said he had spoken with Trump about the lawsuit. "I'm sure this lawsuit is really going to anger a lot of the residents."

Among the angered citizens is 68-year-old Jo Ann Michetti, who e-mailed a city councilman Friday urging him to "please continue not to give in to this bully." articles.latimes.com...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Yeah. He sues a lot.
Last refuge of a dick and bully.

edit on 5/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No, I'm saying they make enough money to pay for their own water.

I was thinking desal plants for drinking water down south. They don't grow much down there anyway. Most the growing is down here in the central valley.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

No, I'm saying they make enough money to pay for their own water.

I was thinking desal plants for drinking water down south. They don't grow much down there anyway. Most the growing is down here in the central valley.

Strawberry fields.

Oh wait, they lost so much money from not being able to get enough field workers, they closed up shop and moved to Mexico.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Right. And if they use desalinated water, they should pay the going rate and not get an ag discount.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

That might happen if they start deporting people. I don't know too many locals who are willing to go pick trees the way they do under these conditions and for that kind of pay.

Or everyone will just have to start paying more for their food. Not sure what can be done there. I'm not a farmer.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

It wouldn't be for the ag. Desal water is for the people to use. Use it in the city for their water down south. The concrete jungle. They're next to the ocean so maybe they could just desal it and pump it right into the homes. Not sure how much that costs either. Probably less than starbucks though and they got one of those on every corner.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

It wouldn't be for the ag. Desal water is for the people to use. Use it in the city for their water down south. The concrete jungle. They're next to the ocean so maybe they could just desal it and pump it right into the homes. Not sure how much that costs either. Probably less than starbucks though and they got one of those on every corner.

desalination plants are extreme costly, even by so cal standards... not to mention you have to build some sort of power plant near one just to keep it's electricity cost in check. that power plant would mostly likely need to be nuclear just to try and break even in a less than a lifetime. so you build these desal plants that cost money, then you have to build their power supply which cost money, then you need the infrastructure for the desal plants to pump the water either to customers or reservoirs which we don't currently have. also the liberals will be damned if California is going to build anymore nuclear power plants, i think their is actually a ban in california from building them anymore. but lets not forget as well socal is extremely seismic probably not a good idea to have a bunch of nuclear power plants on the cost where were earthquake prone, also prone to tsunami caused by earthquakes in other places such as those from japan, Hawaii, ring of fire etc...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
They just finished the desalination plant in Carlsbad, Ca. That's 50 million gallons of fresh water per day. They are going to build 15 more in California. If people use city water to water their grass why not for crops?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This is a classic example of Trump being Trump. He meets a group of special interest people (in this case farmers), promises that he understands what they're going through (he doesn't), claims that he can solve all their problems (but then doesn't exactly explain how) and then leaves. In a week's time if someone calls him out on what he said, like the fact that he said that there's no drought, he'll deny that he said it, because he's a giant bloviating puffball of hair with a cheato suspended beneath him who has no shame.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

So do I. Our water board advised in the April townhall meeting we do not have any need for water conservation other than having to abide bt Governor's mandate. Our aquifers are well above drought levels. However, we got a rate hike due to....lack of revenue because of Governor's mandate.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Trump is trying not to get elected. There is no way any intelligent human being can vote for him at this point. It's so beyond clear that he isn't interested in solving America's problems. This is a game for him. When the election is all over I'd bet on it that he somehow made a whole bunch of money for himself.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

How can Trump be promising to change California's internal management issues? The president cannot do that unilaterally, right? An executive order has to apply to the entire federal government, not just one state, correct?

Correct. Donald Trump has absolutely no idea how the United States actually works.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Profusion

How can Trump be promising to change California's internal management issues? The president cannot do that unilaterally, right? An executive order has to apply to the entire federal government, not just one state, correct?

Correct. Donald Trump has absolutely no idea how the United States actually works.

But Trump's an expert on everything, didn't you know that? He says so constantly!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join