It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trump Protests Turning Violent In San Diego Now

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
This thread is pathetic.

All I read on this board are people pointing fingers and holding others up to standards they don't hold themselves.

Sitting around, complaining about confirmation biases in other posts and then making star-earning, snark infested, passive aggressive posts at their fellow members when it seems their "informative" posts get no reaction.

Each side calling the other the "authoritarians" when BOTH sides are acting like jack booted punks! It's ludicrous watching people point fingers at others and accuse them of what they themselves are doing.

Obviously I cannot name names but if you are reading this and feel I am talking about you, you're probably right. This is the reason we are divided in this country, because you turds are at each other's throats over the stupidest nonsense.

You "lefties" think Trump is actually some violent, demagogic Hitler-esque wannabe dictator that wants to turn us into the Fourth Reich? Ridiculous. He's an arrogant, billionaire blowhard who doesn't think before he speaks and apparently likes the taste of his own foot. Anyone that believes he is the second coming of Adolph is drinking their own kool-aid.

You think he's actually a racist or a sexist? I think there may be elements of chauvinism which can lead to discrimination but generally speaking, this guy does not have ill will towards people because of the color of their skin or what hangs between their legs (or not), just like most of us. Again, he just can't keep his mouth shut and let's his ignorance froth up. If you think he is actually a woman-beating, hood-wearing racist, you're drinking your own kool-aid. Well, there is that Ivanna thing, so it may end up he is indeed a sexist pig. I see little evidence of racism. My general point about the knee-jerkedness stands.

And you, you "righties"... you really think everyone in those protest crowds is acting violently and wants to harm others? Do you ever get out of the house? Where are you meeting these masses of angry, violent people? There are people who are rightly concerned with some of the stuff Trump says. I see many of you saying as such yourselves when he says something idiotic! So surely it is easy to see how people may be upset enough to protest, you are upset enough to protest here. What makes your anger any more valid than theirs? Your livelihood or your well-being more important? Just remember, 95% of the people in those crowds are just like you! Lost, confused and threatened by a establishment that cares not for them, and are only trying to do what they think is right for the country. Lots of you guys and gals are older than me, lived through the 60s and 70s maybe. Is all of this really that new? Maybe you're drinking your own kool-aid.

And oh boy, you guys... that 5% that's left? The violent thugs throwing rocks and bottles and putting hands on people? We are so quick on this site to blame such things on people's inherently violent nature, Soros, etc... except when it comes to violence at Trump rallies. All of the sudden, the whole crowd is filled with savages and there is no way any of the violent offenders are paid provocateurs! I'm not saying that there aren't people just being violent because they can but to lump all Bernie supporters in with these scumbags is disingenuous.

None of my friends or family who support ANY OF these candidates support violence against ANYONE! To pretend like the "left" is all of the sudden only filled with dirtbags trying to violently suppress dissent. Put that kool-aid down, you're better than that!

I only say these things to you all because I KNOW the people here are better than those scumbuckets out there throwing rocks at horses. But if you guys continue go at eachother like you do, without ever acknowledging your common ground, how can we ever expect the general public to move past it? If we represent the cream of the thinking, analytical crop, then we are failing miserably in that regard.

It's mind-blowing to me that you all are so intelligent, this is obvious to me from my time lurking here, but yet very few seem to actually "get it". No matter what side you're on, those protesters out there are you and me and everyone we know. They may not have the same ideas but in general we want the same things.

Maybe when you all get done calling eachother "authoritarians" (god, politics has so bastardized the English language...) you will wake up long enough to realize that. Then we can talk about what these violent protests really mean.

edit on 5/28/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Yeah, remember it takes two sides to start a fight.

There will have been bad behaviour on both sides.

And please stop calling anti-Trump protestors 'lefties', there really aren't any 'lefties' in American politics.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Yeah, remember it takes two sides to start a fight.

There will have been bad behaviour on both sides.

And please stop calling anti-Trump protestors 'lefties', there really aren't any 'lefties' in American politics.

I use the quotes gratuitously for a reason. I think politics, maybe American especially but in general, have bastardized the English language entirely. The well of political dialogue has been poisoned, probably irreparably at this point.

This, I imagine, is a purposeful means to confuse us and make it more difficult to communicate. Or perhaps it is self-inflicted idiocy. I don't really know.

But yes, I agree with your post whole-heartedly. It takes two sides to fight and is going to take both sides actually recognizing our common ground and coming together to let us heal.

ETA: I don't know if there have EVER been "lefties" in American politics. I am not sure it has EVER made sense to label people's political leanings based off a 1d, single-axis scale to begin with. It's obviously way more complex than that. More silliness IMO.
edit on 5/28/2016 by atomish because: Addt'l

edit on 5/28/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Funny how Trump supporters always look like people who have jobs, and the protesters always look like people who are sitting around waiting for free handouts

edit on 28-5-2016 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

What the hell are you talking about?

Enough with the partisan bs. It's pathetic and desperate.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I guess I missed the rally where Donald Trump said All Mexicans must go home. Damn...or the time he said we need to deport all Muslims. Then there was the one where he said he would pay all of his supporters to beat people up and even have lawyers on staff. Then that time a crowd beat a bunch of black people in wheelchairs and left them bloody. These folks have the right to throw bottles, fly foreign flags and attack police. Thank goodness these people are representing what is good in America and standing up to oppression....oh my GOD!

THAT above is the Progressive narrative. No truth to it but it is conditioning the masses to think that it is ok. In twelve months of campaigning Mr Trump has never once threatened Latinos in the US. Not once. Not once did he say he would deport all Muslims. He wants to enforce current laws, not make new ones. Paying for the lawyer, yeah, he said it, but it did not cause mass injuries or attacks. The 3 or 4 incidents between crowd members is nothing compared to this senseless rioting. It is not protesting.

Again, these are riots not protests. Ever heard of Reginald Denny? Of course not. All you hear about is Rodney King. This is what can happen in a riot that is race divided as our current admin is pushing to the hilt. Race relations in this country have regressed under the first black president and to be honest it is very disappointing.

www.youtube.com...

It will be a long hot summer and people will get hurt. Someone may die. They become a national martyr and It will then be blamed on Trump. A FF I am not sure, but, at this point, I would not put anything past those who want Hillary in office.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: introvert

Or that the people voting conservative have a little bit more self control and class then the ones throwing bottles at people attending a peaceful rally.

Or they are too old to get out on the streets and voice their opinions beyond an internet forum or Right Wing radio call-in.

The myth of only old people are going to vote for Trump is such BS. How did he get the most votes in a Republican primary EVER? Just off old people? He's actaully doing much better with minorities and women then MSM has been feeding down your throat for a year now. simply googling "hillary trump black voters" not a leading search right? Leads to the 1st and 3rd links being
Trump Gets UNEXPECTED Announcement About Blacks… Hillary Clinton Is Scared!

www.thepoliticalinsider.com...

Tavis Smiley: Black America could get on Trump train

www.usatoday.com...

Personally? I love Tavis Smiley he and Cornell West were the first and as far as I can tell only black people of influence to stand up to Obama about the fact that he wasn't helping poor people, black, white, yellow, none of them. Who is racist Trump for wanting to deport illegal aliens or Democrats who think they can just keep peddling the same lies to minorities for decades and never expect them to think for themselves? What racist leftists can't and don't realize when they are lumping all Hispanic people together is that A LOT of them don't want illegals from Mexico or anywhere else coming here either. Illegal immigration hurts black jobs a lot too. Minority peoples are waking up. You have just burned them hard for 8 years and you'll see what happens in November when Trump wins in a Reaganeque landslide.

Edit: hard to know what is even "fact" these days when lots of liberal results also come in saying oh no no no no that'll never happen. like 2 and 4.
edit on 28-5-2016 by LordDraconia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Most know about Reginald Denny. Don't make ridiculous assumptions. He wasn't beaten by police. He was beaten by blacks in the middle of a race riot. Rodney King was beaten by whites who also happened to be police officers. Even you can admit that it is not a good comparison. We're talking about an armed group who is in a position of legal authority and happened to be of one race which is why it made bigger news. If it were an all black police beating upon a white it would have been a very big deal. We don't have that in this country though as you'd never see an all black police force roaming the streets of poor white neighborhoods. Ever wonder why that is?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010
Funny how Trump supporters always look like people who have jobs, and the protesters always look like people who are sitting around waiting for free handouts

Funny how confirmation bias works.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: nwtrucker
Im in Cali, and Im am kinda in the middle with a right lean politically. What surprised me was sevaral staunch Democrat friends, who have been very outspoken for years against Republicans are full on Trump supporters. They have switched sides and are very outspoken supporters of his on Facebook. I dont like things about him and wasnt going to vote this year, but after watching this nonsence, I just may vote for him. I dont support violence at any of these rallys for any candidate, and violence against innocent animals is absolutely disgusting. I hope the perpatrators were shot multiple times in the butt with rubber bullits

(Highlighting-Mine)

If this is how you truly feel, then you must join your friends and vote for Trump.
We have a sacred duty to stand up against...and withstand...this violence.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: DBCowboy

Bwahahahahahahahaha.

Could you be any more disingenuous? I could care a less about Milo's sexual orientation but I'm not going to pretend that it has nothing to do with his appeal among conservatives because the reality of the situation isn't politically correct to conservative snowflakes.

I thought he was cool just for what he was saying way before he said he was a queermo. I think we like him for his words. I think it's the SJWs that like someone for the contents of their skin and sexual orientation instead of the contents of their brain.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mirdaerys
Did all of those cops stop by Home Depot on their way into work? I picked up a similar looking dowel today for a project...

They've a lot of sh# to clean up off the streets. Going to need a circus elephant shovel probably.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: Annee
I do not make choices in life by the actions and behaviors of others.

I find it appalling those who claim this behavior has solidified their support of Trump.

The Wall is over 100 feet by now. The Left needs to keep going.

Just need it a tad higher so planes can't fly over it.

So the goal is to create our own prison?

Again, the authoritarian agenda is exposing itself.

No, your inability to distinguish a joke is exposing itself.

Building a wall to keep people out, or in, is no joke. That is what defines a prison.

Mexico is building a wall on their southern border. I guess they are racist prisoners. The pope lives behind a 30 foot wall built to keep Muslim Pirates out. I guess he's a racist prisoner, well actually he is pretty bad. Israel built many walls and it has saved many lives. en.wikipedia.org...
Once they built it the attacks stopped. To say a wall can't work is wrong. Do you think the Israeli people feel like prisoners or like they are safer?
And no the wall isn't a joke. Trump's not a joke. We're serious on this one and if he doesn't do it we'll elect someone who will in 2020.
edit on 28-5-2016 by LordDraconia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I do not make choices in life by the actions and behaviors of others.

I find it appalling those who claim this behavior has solidified their support of Trump.

The Wall is over 100 feet by now. The Left needs to keep going.

I'm not really left or right. I'm more of a Futurist Globalist.

The direction world politics is heading is my interests. Not me, me, me, my back porch.

1) I'm not surprised ONE BIT.

2) I don't care

Whatever dude.

I have been reading on ATS for only a month or so but I see you everywhere and that is your usual level of discourse. What you don't realize about the globalists is that they are only selling you a lie on it being a "utopia". They want less then a billion people on this planet and you would most likely not be on their list of people to save.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
You have to hand it to Trump. He's going to get flack in California anywhere he goes. So he goes to San Diego, right on the border where 1,000s can come across the border on a day trip and add to the din...

Might as well accent the issue, stay on the front pages/trending topics all the while using it to promote all his other campaign issues. So all the local supporters of Trump are indignant and Trump responds perfectly by dumping on the illegals and criminals....

He's gonna make a great President......

It's all Trumps fault. He triggered those poor illegal peaceful aliens into going all batsh# crazy. They're not responsible for their actions. Oh no, Trump did it. Is that really your logic?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Trump is campaigning for violence and war crimes, and encourages violence and aggression against protesters at his rallies--- He blames them for the country's problems. He's already hurting the country. And look how happy his supporters are when things turn violent. The more violent it gets, the more votes for Trump. And what do they want to do? Ban people based on religion, build a wall around the country, forcefully deport 11 million people, increase torture, kill innocent families of terrorists, silence the critical media, empower law enforcement-- you know, make America great again.

I'm grateful for the protests.

Ahhh thank you for actually stating liberal arguments against Trump other then he's just an Effer. Now let me destroy them for you: War Crimes? In Israel if someone commits a terrorist act, the government knocks their family's house down. The world condemns it. They hate on Israel all day long. Israel doesn't care. They think about their people's safety first, and it works. Trump speaks his mind and he's right. Much more peaceful protestors were treated a lot worse back in the day. Now the cops sit there and get assaulted. He's already making America great again by pointing out problems. He's like the kid in The Emperor's New Clothes. We aren't happy that Trump supporters get assaulted for peacefully attending a rally, the left is. And yes the more the left tries to stop him with violence, the more support Trump gets. That's not Trumps fault, that's the lefts fault. He didn't say all Muslims are bad. But all terrorist acts are being committed by Muslims and it's not rascist to tell the emperor he's a naked Muhammadan terrorist if he's naked but for a suicide vest. Build a wall on our southern border just like Mexico has on it's southern border. The wall is also 33.4% finished under Bush and nobody batted an eye. It was called the secure fencing act. en.wikipedia.org... Say what you will about Bush and Cheney. I think they were atleast TRYING to help America. I really do think Obama has been working against us. Trump wants to enforce the law. The law says those 11 million illegal immigrants gots to go. If you didn't like that, then you should have changed the laws under your Democratic President and for a time Democratic Congress. But oh ya they didn't have the votes to do it. So they'll just make executive orders and make it a thought crime to want to enforce our laws. You know what happens if you illegally migrate to Mexico? You go to prison. And I bet it's a lot worse then Sheriff Joes tent city that is oh so "racist". And the terrorist familys are not innocent. Right now they get a stipend when their son goes off to join Jihad. They're actually economically incentivized to breed terrorists by the terrorists. If we ever want to win this war that has to stop. He calls the media out on his lies and they actually love it for him, Bully! Empower law enforcement? It's been under Obama's presidency that all the police agencies have been upgraded to anti-insurgent level gear and heavy vehicles. Try again. Research a bit more first and sorry for wall of text and the many posts in a row.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Like Freddy Grey? 6 cops...3 black....it's racist still though right because Freddy is black. I am not sure what country you are living in right now but black on white violence is overlooked. Black on black violence is ignored. If a white person attacks someone of another race or religion it is all out MSM war.

Ask 100 people and 3 would know Reginald Denny but they all know Rodney King. Your comparison of people in authority using excessive force against someone resisting arrest does not compare to dozens pulling a random man out of the car and almost beating him to death fracturing his skull in over 90 places. We can deal with overzealous cops. They can be fired.

Point is, race is being used by the MSM and those who fund the MSM. In the end, it is going to be bad for those who opposed for no reason. If you have a real reason, then, by all means, protest and do not let government push you around. However, this is a 'candidate' who is getting protested more than the sitting POTUS who should have riots outside the white house everyday for some of the things they have pulled.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
And then to think that there are pro- and anti-Trump people that are calling themselves "Christian", "atheist" and "agnostic" all acting equally unwise. The title of this thread reminds me of the line in Band of Brothers:

Fighting over Sobel. That's smart.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
And then to think that there are pro- and anti-Trump people that are calling themselves "Christian", "atheist" and "agnostic" all acting equally unwise. The title of this thread reminds me of the line in Band of Brothers:

Fighting over Sobel. That's smart.

If you are saying that the violent protesters/rioters are acting 'unwise'...then I couldn't agree more.
However, calling out their presumed religious affiliation...(or lack thereof), seems superfluous on your part (at least, in THIS instance).

edit on 28-5-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordDraconia

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: introvert

Or that the people voting conservative have a little bit more self control and class then the ones throwing bottles at people attending a peaceful rally.

Or they are too old to get out on the streets and voice their opinions beyond an internet forum or Right Wing radio call-in.

The myth of only old people are going to vote for Trump is such BS. How did he get the most votes in a Republican primary EVER? Just off old people? He's actaully doing much better with minorities and women then MSM has been feeding down your throat for a year now. simply googling "hillary trump black voters" not a leading search right? Leads to the 1st and 3rd links being
Trump Gets UNEXPECTED Announcement About Blacks… Hillary Clinton Is Scared!

www.thepoliticalinsider.com...

Tavis Smiley: Black America could get on Trump train

www.usatoday.com...

Personally? I love Tavis Smiley he and Cornell West were the first and as far as I can tell only black people of influence to stand up to Obama about the fact that he wasn't helping poor people, black, white, yellow, none of them. Who is racist Trump for wanting to deport illegal aliens or Democrats who think they can just keep peddling the same lies to minorities for decades and never expect them to think for themselves? What racist leftists can't and don't realize when they are lumping all Hispanic people together is that A LOT of them don't want illegals from Mexico or anywhere else coming here either. Illegal immigration hurts black jobs a lot too. Minority peoples are waking up. You have just burned them hard for 8 years and you'll see what happens in November when Trump wins in a Reaganeque landslide.

Edit: hard to know what is even "fact" these days when lots of liberal results also come in saying oh no no no no that'll never happen. like 2 and 4.

It's futile to try and educate low information people who keep spouting nonsense about Trumps voting base. No matter how many times you provide the data proving conclusively he won the Republic nomination across all demographics of people, the same uninformed comments about his voter base will continue. Anti-Trumpers simply don't have the emotional or intellectual capability to break from their delusions. This is why we see vermin rioting whilst never being able to actually articulate why.
edit on 28/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join