It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News in serious talks about hosting Trump | Sanders debate before June 7 (or not?)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Trump's aim would be to undermine Clinton by making Sanders look like his party's nominee or at least a credible alternative to Clinton. Put another way Trump's aim would be to further the split in his rivals political party. Trump could do very well politically from debating Sanders. I just can't see the Sanders camp agreeing to the debate as the time is approaching to heal divisions and get behind Clinton at the Convention.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
a reply to: seagull

Trump's aim would be to undermine Clinton by making Sanders look like his party's nominee or at least a credible alternative to Clinton. Put another way Trump's aim would be to further the split in his rivals political party. Trump could do very well politically from debating Sanders. I just can't see the Sanders camp agreeing to the debate as the time is approaching to heal divisions and get behind Clinton at the Convention.

Do you honestly think Trump will have any credibility after flip/floping and punking out to Bernies challenge to debate?

This will be his cross to bare for the next 6 months of the campaign. I doubt if his fragile ego can stand the strain of being taunted up until the convention.
edit on 27-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

get behind Clinton at the Convention.

Not going to happen unless he's holding the rope to a guillotine. Also, Sanders already did agree to the debate, twice, and Trump flip-flopped.
edit on 27/5/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
This is Trump showing just how insecure he is in his ability to perform. His ego agrees to it for a million bucks and he said he'd love to do it. Then he says he was only joking. Then he agreed to do it for 10 million and said he'd love to debate Bernie. In comes the 10 million and Sanders says "Game on" and Trump backs out again. Face it, he's afraid and doesn't know what to do. This is what happens when you stand up to a bully, they fold while trying to act tough still.

Milo calling him Daddy has some very weird Freudian Sexual undertones to it that shouldn't even be discussed.

Just more proof of one of my early criticisms of Trump. He claims to be a negotiator but his management style crushes all dissent, Trump negotiates from positions of strength only, kicks out everyone who disagrees with him, and walks away whenever he's not the stronger party in a deal. That's not how nations work though, even for a super power you can't always be the stronger party, sometimes another nation is going to have better leverage over you such as the Iran deal where the US had nearly 0 bargaining power, and Trump has no idea how to handle that. Right here he made a demand, it was met. He made another, it was met. He's not the one putting pressure on others here.

This debate actually would have been a good attempt by Trump to show he can handle negotiations from a position of weakness as well (which is where all skilled negotiators prove their value). Instead he's just running away.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I remember when Trump decided not to participate in one of the last debates when it was just him, Cruz and whats-his-name. (He had already made arrangements to address U.S. Jewish leaders that night). The juvenile-brained media got their panties all in a knot over it. Starting blathering about how this could "irreparably damage" Trump's campaign.

Meanwhile...out here in the real world, nobody gave a sh$t if Trump debated or not. Changing his mind, and deciding not to debate Sanders won't hurt Trump in the least. If anything, it will make Sanders supporters more energized, increasing the odds of major clashes at the DNC convention. Hillary will show her worst side (i.e. her real self) if the convention turns nasty. Trump always thinks several steps ahead of 99% of the population. Maybe that's why he's a "1 percenter" in several of life's success measures.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Trump has missed a golden opportunity to do some really good political mischief making. As for Trump's change of heart. Well his supporters don't care about his numerous flip flops so why would 1 more make any difference? As for Trump's chances of winning the General Election I stand by what I have said in other threads.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I love how the Trump supporters are now such big fans of the elite 1%ers. Didn't take much to co-op them did it???

First they hate the elite establishment, now they're on board with one of them. Meanwhile he's surrounding himself and selling himself to the rest of them. Making "artful deals" for once he's been elected too no doubt.

Great plan guys. What a way to stand your ground and get things changed.
edit on 28-5-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
My personal favorite has been how even tho he is taking money from special interest groups, that is just for the party and must of the corruption takes place in the primaries anyway so it would be no big deal if he was taking it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump on Friday said he would not debate Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders because it would be "inappropriate" to square off against the candidate who currently trails Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary fight.

"Based on the fact that the Democratic nominating process is totally rigged and Crooked Hillary Clinton and (Debbie) Wasserman-Schultz will not allow Bernie Sanders to win, and now that I am the presumptive Republican nominee, it seems inappropriate that I would debate the second-place finisher," Trump said in a statement.

Trumps scared of facing Bernie.

That's a big deal for the Democrats, that might tip him to the nomination!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Well if Trump wins it'll be fun thinking of all the things In my life I can blame on him.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Well if Trump wins it'll be fun thinking of all the things In my life I can blame on him.

Don't be silly, that's not how politics works. I can blame plenty on Trump right now, he doesn't need to win an election.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join