It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News in serious talks about hosting Trump | Sanders debate before June 7 (or not?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Shouldn't Sanders actually be the Dem presidential candidate first???

Last I heard he's running second. 'course I've stopped following the two major parties nonsense for this go 'round.

I fail to see what Trump has to gain by doing this... Bad tactics, IMHO.

Not that I really care. I've made my choice, and it ain't neither one of these idiots.

link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Because on TYT they would ask more difficult questions for one thing. Plus, they may only be an Internet News show but I'll bet if you had a poll of who is more credible TYT would win over every Broadcast/Cable News show out there.

Nobody trusts the major news anymore because they're all being controlled for one side or the other and there are stories happening that some of them won't even air at all. When is the last time a major network said anything about TPP??? Or gave you the dirt on some of the other scandals that are happening??? They don't. You have to get that stuff off the internet to even hear of it. So if you can establish credibility on the net as a news channel, people will listen!!

link   
a reply to: introvert

That's gold and we all know how well Trump responds to anything negative said about him, right? If Sanders keeps this up Trump may no choice but to debate no matter the price!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I've been calling Hillary out and calling her many names already. But this doesn't even involve her so that is why she's not being mentioned.

She already bitched out and is now laughing about how it won't happen. Which to me makes yet another reason to have it also. To prove her wrong and make her look like she doesn't know what's up.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Any of you calling out Hillary because that is who he is running against, not Trump.

Hillary is a punk for backing-out of the debate she had agreed to. Her and Trump have common ground.

Think about that.

Furthermore, this is his M.O. . Loud statement, deny for effect and then accept. It could still happen but there is no need to. .

It was stupid of him to agree to a debate in the first place. It would have provided Hillary with some insight in to how to debate him later on. Kind of like a sports team watching previous game play footage of the team they are about to play.
edit on 27-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is Trump playing the media like a fiddle once again. Masterfully highlighted the fact Hillary backed out of Bernie's challenge.

Still would prefer Trump to debate Bernie but it's not a negative if he doesn't. Only people who care are Bernie supporters looking for a favor from the guy who Milo calls, Daddy.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Umm yeah, of course, that is if they were running in a normal run of the mill establishment presidential cycle BUT this cycle ain't that. Trump could make history here by debating Sanders. It would make sense being he's not a politician, by his own words, and a rule breaker. So why follow the old format when we can try something new?

What would he gain? What he loves, media attention and making Clinton look bad. By accepting the invitation he'd have a format to trounce her on while she's helpless to defend herself (unless she joins the fray!). Accepting the invitation would be so Trump so why the hell should he follow the line now? That's un-Trump like and not at all great.

edit on 27-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ugh! Trump has backed out on debating Sanders! Says he will wait and debate against the DNC nominee and not against a 2nd runner up! What can I say...no surprise. Just disappointed!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
This is Trump playing the media like a fiddle once again. Masterfully highlighted the fact Hillary backed out of Bernie's challenge.

Still would prefer Trump to debate Bernie but it's not a negative if he doesn't. Only people who care are Bernie supporters looking for a favor from the guy who Milo calls, Daddy.

This is Trump showing just how insecure he is in his ability to perform. His ego agrees to it for a million bucks and he said he'd love to do it. Then he says he was only joking. Then he agreed to do it for 10 million and said he'd love to debate Bernie. In comes the 10 million and Sanders says "Game on" and Trump backs out again. Face it, he's afraid and doesn't know what to do. This is what happens when you stand up to a bully, they fold while trying to act tough still.

Milo calling him Daddy has some very weird Freudian Sexual undertones to it that shouldn't even be discussed.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Yep, like all bullies, Trump tucks tail as soon as someone stands up to him. Trump said he would debate Sanders. Sanders jumped at it and said , "Game on"-- and that was probably a little too much confidence for Trump's liking. Trump folded with his whiney little coward's excuse.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: CynConcepts

Yep, like all bullies, Trump tucks tail as soon as someone stands up to him. Trump said he would debate Sanders. Sanders jumped at it and said , "Game on"-- and that was probably a little too much confidence for Trump's liking. Trump folded with his whiney little coward's excuse.

People in Hell want Ice Water!
Trump has nothing to gain at this point debating Bernie!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Insecure. Man, you are all sheep to the Don. He has been talking up Bernie Sanders for weeks. Months. About how it is unfair with the Super Delegates. He is appealing to the Bernie followers that are LIV. They are now thinking hey, Trump thinks Bern is ok. He must be ok. So, when Hil gets the nod where do the votes go?

It is a game. A masterful one that is filled with a river, no, an ocean of #e to deal with.

Donald Trump debated in the GOP primaries with former governors and CEO's...and killed it. 17 people gone....you think he is scared of the Bern man...it is all about the media.

Then, when and if he accepts, it makes him look like not only he was in control but calls the shots.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Trump has nothing to gain at this point debating Bernie!

I agree. It was not very wise of him to agree to it in the first place.

We are seeing inconsistent decision-making on Trump's part.

He acts impulsively and then has to reign himself back in after he thinks about it.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I see what you're saying.

I just don't see the point of him debating the guy who finished behind, or will finish, Clinton. Seems like a no win situation to me, looking at it from his viewpoint...

As an outsider? Oh, hell yeah, let 'em "debate". It'll make good late night fodder if nothing else.

Clinton is made to look like she's out of touch--which she is, but that's neither here nor there...

Sanders is made to look like he's still relevant--which he really isn't...

Trump gets nothing out of this, that I can see--unless Sander were to just totally screw the pooch, and even then, that would help Clinton, not him... IMHO, anyway.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Oh please, he's a chump if he backs out and don't pretend any of us haven't and still don't criticize Clinton for doing the same thing! There is no love for her on this site, well I can think of like one member who likes her.

In any case, debating Sanders would be perfect for Trump because he's not an establishment candidate so why follow the norm now? This debate would probably be the most watched debate in history and the man loves being in the spotlight, and free press. It could give him a huge lead over Clinton in the up coming general election. He's literally the most hated presidential candidate in history, Clinton is number two so it would be in his best interest to bump her to the number one spot and this debate could only help him.

My guess, Trump may be playing hard to get to keep the suspense going in the national headlines. Then when he says yes, BOOM! Most watched debate evar!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Trump supporters don't see the importance of this, but Bernie supporters are not racists and bigots. So they're not going to side with Trump. It's like voting for Obi-wan, but then siding with Darth Vader because they both wear robes. Darth Vader is not an acceptable replacement to Obi-Wan-- no matter how much Darth Vader wants to shake things up.

Trump supporters want to torture and murder and ban and divide and basically live like cowards. The Bernie supporters aren't cowards. They're not afraid of the Mexicans and the Muslims and the whoever. They don't vote to shoot, wall, ban first so they can think later. Trump's a coward with no integrity. Opposite of Bernie.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yes, Trump looks quite insecure. When he came out and went 16 on 1, 10 on 1, 5 on 1 and 3 on 1 throughout the debate process and took on the entire establishment with brashness never seen before in a candidate, he looked insecure.....

Good argument.

What's more likely is Bernie fans wanting a handout from Trump. Oh the irony.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

A handout from Trump... or the joy of watching a good ass-kicking? How good does it look when Trump can't even beat the democratic runner up? Damn straight Bernie supporters want to see the debate.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Trump switches his opinions by the minute

Hell he could even debate himself

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
drumpf is all talk once again

why does anyone support this clown ?

its impossible to know where he stands on anything, he makes it up as he goes along

that whole "ban muslims" thing ? just a suggestion, lol

ban gun free zones ? well maybe only most of them ,lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join