It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Because of the great growth of ATS and the community, I think that it would be interesting to find out how many of our user believe in aliens, or just other intelligent life in the universe, and why.

Please post your answer and your reason.

All stats will be kept as up-to-date as I can in this original post.

I for one believe. How are we the only ones? The universe it very large.

Believers: 7
Non-Believer: 0

[edit on 15/1/05 by MacKiller]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I beleive in ALiens 100% sure!

Too much evidences in ancient history and i've read a lot on the subject
How ca WE humans be the only life in the big universe????? WTF! that would be really really cranky! A big universe with only a few humans on one planet
totally absurd!

* I read a lot of channeled infos and no matter what, it always talks about "them"

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I don't believe I know. I've seen some UFOs, no aliens though. However I have witnessed the proof that our governments are lying on the subject myself and am quite certain the reasons for those lies is extraterrestrial in nature.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Aliens & UFOs, there both of the same in your question... And yes, I do believe, amoung other aspects of this subject. Now don't make me copy and paste my previous opinions on this here... I'm to busy keeping up on what I really don't have time for it right now, besides your looking for a simple answer right?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I believe that there are other intelligent beings out there interacting with the human species on this planet.

I haven't had any spectacular encounter with aliens, or a UFO, but I base my decision to believe on documented evidence. Lately, I have seen two documentary videos about UFO's. Some of what I saw in these two videos is very unexplainable. I think that their is some kind of intelligent life behind the operation of these aerial objects, non-human life.

I also think that my sub-conscious mind is catching on to some information that is not really discussed in the media. It is that there is bits and pieces of signs or information, if you look around, that are pointing to an extra-terrestrial presence on our planet. An example is our technology (computers), reference to alien life in hollywood movies, major corporations using the alien theme (alienware computers), our ability to send probes into deep space, our ability to enter space and explore other planets. There are signs there, in our environment, that point to some alien life. I have an intuitive feeling that disclosure of an alien presence is going to become necessary in our not too distant future, I don't really know why, but maybe it is because our planet is going to experience some big change. Before this happens, I think that there will have to be a greater control on the human population in this world (what they call a world government--nwo), the war on terrorism is a cover to help bring this about. This is just my opinion.

I believe in aliens.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Of course I believe. My grandpa was almost abducted near Albany New York!

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I believe in life elswhere in the universe, but I believe theres three at the most aliens visiting Earth.

The reason I believe i the existence of aliens, well its statisticly impossible for humans to be the only life in the universe, also its impossible that we are the only intelligent life.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well I believe also that with a universe so large, we couldn't be alone.
Personally I think it would be arrogant to even think that, especially
being that the Universe is infinate and all.

My 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I don't believe I know. I've seen some UFOs, no aliens though. However I have witnessed the proof that our governments are lying on the subject myself and am quite certain the reasons for those lies is extraterrestrial in nature.

Is that a yes or a no?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I believe.

I believe that there are other intelligent life because of the vast evidence that proves this case. How can one not research, and find all these unexplained events, pictures, sh-t even Roswell, without even agreeing to the fact that yes there might be intelligent life. I believe there are, and I also believe contact has been made.

(edited because of quote malfunction, lol)

[edit on 1/15/2005 by diana]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
my feelings are that the human race is a small example of the diversity out there. as different as we are for each other, there could be a whole other ET race out there.

Immortal mentioned a sub-conscious rearing going-on. how marketing and television are familiarizing us with images and themes associated with alien technologies and discourse. found thislink fromhere
>>>>>i think that this could be a sure sign of the existance of a massive architecture serving to 'protect' the public from hysteria. could the disclosure of alien contact be on the horizon? >>> i believe

btw amelia nice pict!

edit:

link added

[edit on 1/15/2005 by baaronhaile]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
to quote the beatles "i'm a believer"

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Oh yea, there is no way that i'm going to believe mankind is the best the good lord can do, surely there's life other than what sprang up on this silly little rock.

Yes, I believe they are already amongst us as well. Have you ever seen a magician pull an elephant out of a peanut or make an airplane disappear into thin air and then they smile and say, "Remember, this is just an illusion." The same principle applies to the shapeshifting aliens such as the reptiles. Once you've seen one change and realize its just an illusion it loses a bit of its awe.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There are people out there in space.

I 'belive' this because of all the withnesses of not only today's humans, but also withnesses from the past.
We have reliable documents too; for hundreds of years astronomers have documented mysterious objects in space that suddenly appeared and disapeared.

But wether they are intelligent or not is another matter.... In time, even a slow-thinking people can in time discover everything there is to discover.
But technology is one thing, what about spirituality? We are mostly in the dark ages when it comes to our soul/spirit/feelings. These things is what we have to work on to reach their level.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I believe in alien life. 100%

For the most part due to the amount of claims across the world. Leaders have gone to war, fought and died for far less proof in human history why should this be so different.

Another reason is life's ability to adapt to almost any situation.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I believe in aliens, and all that paranormal crap and those pics (with proof to back them up of course) and i also believe in miracles!!! (Al Michaels, i think)

Edit: Except Psychics, there no evidence that can back that up...

[edit on 15/1/2005 by Paladin327]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
A big echoing yes. To big a universe just for us.

The fact there are so many sightings of UFO’s suggests that aliens may be here visiting our planet, but I also reckon some UFO’s might be our own.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I think I was abducted so sure I believe in aliens

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
other life in the universe - yeah

life visiting us - maybe

underground bases full of lizards - no chance

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I believe. You don't get smoke without fire, and theres a lot of smoke everywhere. (especially on the discovery channels)

top topics

join