It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The liberal media is a myth?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Most of it is Liberal by far.

Denial is futile.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Even if the big media channels have more viewers, how much of what they are watching is liberal, and how much is non-biased news? Then you have people just watching TV shows for entertainment, so I think a lot of it can't really be considered "liberal".

When I see those stations ocassionally they don't seem to be very biased to me, but the right wing is so extreme now that they consider even moderate things to be liberal.

You are correct. Much of the media is fairly moderate. You do have channels like MSNBC that are biased, but for the most part, the media in general is neither Left or Right.

The reason the Right Wing claims that the media is biased towards the Left is because it allows them to do two things. First, it allows them to justify the extreme partisanship of the Right Wing media sources they frequent, and it allows them to create a "conspiracy" in which they are the victims of a massive media bias.

In other words, they are playing the victim card (woe is me...the liberal media is out to get us) and so it's ok that they expose themselves to and believe in media sources that placate to their desire for ultra-extreme partisan content.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

We hear a lot of criticism of the media for being too liberal,

That's because those criticizing the media for being too liberal see themselves as victims, even suggesting that network TV news channels are the biggest "offenders" of this 'unfairness'. It's interesting that recently, the conservative talking points have gone from "NO Fairness Doctrine!" to whining, "Liberals aren't FAIR!"...

I credit the Donald Trump Effect. According to him, no one treats him fairly. And when they don't, you can sue!

So, who you gonna sue?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If you want unbiased, actual news, you stand a better chance of getting that on a Peruvian "Adult" website featuring llamas than you would on any station in the US.

I'm not positive, but I think those are alpacas, not llamas. I used to get them confused as well.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: amazing

The Big3 are very subtle and there's a lot in between the lines.

They are the oldest broadcast stations and they are the professional wing of the propaganda ministries.

They have the most fluff in my opinion, so fluff is what they want us to ingest.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Only in America could people think the overwhelmingly Conservative media is 'liberal'.

The difference in America is talking about the thin line between the Far Right and the Extreme Right.

Neither are 'liberal'.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Most-listened-to radio programs? How do you control what people choose to listen to?

I like CSPAN, NPR and Rachel Maddow. Yeah, she's a liberal, but I always learn something new from her stories. I come to ATS to get follow up news and a conservative view. I could choose to listen Rush Limbaugh etc. , but we don't have much in common.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Most of it is Liberal by far

The big TV stations are not very liberal. Only NPR and PBS are.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Most of it is Liberal by far

The big TV stations are not very liberal. Only NPR and PBS are.

ABC, CBS, NBC are ultra Liberal.

Always have been since day 1.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I am sure that it is a myth because in all countries in the world we can't found any liberal media which is not under the control of some politicians or businessmen. In my opinion only some internet resources are still liberal but they can be banned soon too

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on Jun 16th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join