It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Case Of The Malaysian Parasitic Twins And Other Cases Of Foetus In Fetu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Mohd Zul Shahril Saidin,aged 15,from Maylasia,reported to doctors with a stomach complaint,only to be told for the last 15 years he had been carrying around,inside his parasitic twin.

Mohd had an unborn twin complete with hair, legs, hands and genitals, taken out of his stomach after an operation.

It is Malaysia first case of the rare condition known as foetus in fetu.

www.independent.co.uk...

Foetus in fetu is a developmental abnormality in which a mass of tissue resembling fetus forms inside the body .The enveloped twin becomes a ‘parasite’,its survival is dependent, totally on the other twin . The parasitic twin is normally lacking in some organs and cannot survive on their own. Most cases the second twin will die before birth.

en.wikipedia.org...

Mohd and his "twin" are not the only case of foetus in fetu in recent history.

Sanju Bhagat of Nagpur,India made headlines in 1999 after at the age of 36 had a parasitic twin removed The had lived for so long it had connected directly to his blood supply.

scienceline.org...

In September 2011, a 41-year-old man in Arjawinangun Public Hospital Indonesia was diagnosed with a tumor in his abdomen. An operation was performed which revealed the suspected tumor to actually be a fetus.

herrysetyayudha.wordpress.com... e-for-about-41-years/

If we go back further in time then we can talk about the strange and dark case of Edward Modrake.

He was said the heir to an unspecified British peerage in the mid-19th century,sort of British Nobility.He was said to have had a fully formed second face on the back of his head,not only that ,it is claimed by Modrake that the extra face could speak to him.

en.wikipedia.org...

Not much is known about Modrake,the only reference we have to him is from the book Anomalies and curiosities of medicine (1900), by George M. Gould.

Here is the relevant text.

One of the weirdest as well as most melancholy stories of human deformity is that of Edward Mordake, said to have been heir to one of the noblest peerages in England. He never claimed the title, however, and committed suicide in his twenty-third year. He lived in complete seclusion, refusing the visits even of the members of his own family. He was a young man of fine attainments, a profound scholar, and a musician of rare ability. His figure was remarkable for its grace, and his face — that is to say, his natural face — was that of an Antinous. But upon the back of his head was another face, that of a beautiful girl, ‘lovely as a dream, hideous as a devil’. The female face was a mere mask, ‘occupying only a small portion of the posterior part of the skull, yet exhibiting every sign of intelligence, of a malignant sort, however’. It would be been seen to smile and sneer while Mordake was weeping. The eyes would follow the movements of the spectator, and the lips ‘would gibber without ceasing’. No voice was audible, but Mordake avers that he was kept from his rest at night by the hateful whispers of his ‘devil twin’, as he called it, ‘which never sleeps, but talks to me forever of such things as they only speak of in Hell. No imagination can conceive the dreadful temptations it sets before me. For some unforgiven wickedness of my forefathers I am knit to this fiend — for a fiend it surely is. I beg and beseech you to crush it out of human semblance, even if I die for it.’ Such were the words of the hapless Mordake to Manvers and Treadwell, his physicians. In spite of careful watching, he managed to procure poison, whereof he died, leaving a letter requesting that the ‘demon face’ might be destroyed before his burial, ‘lest it continues its dreadful whisperings in my grave.’ At his own request he was interred in a waste place, without stone or legend to mark his grave.”

I find the fact that little trace of any records can found on him suspicious considering the fact that he is said to be of the nobility,but that said his story lives on and with cases like the above it may only be matter of time before a new Modrake is born,with an evil second face that whispers about such things as they only speak of in Hell.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: thebabyseagull

Why is this in skunk works?

This is very interesting, thank you for posting this, this is stuff I draw inspiration from in some of my art. I will return when finished reading your links.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I didn't know where it should go.

Move it plz mods,if you think that's what is best.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

when I think about being a surgeon and thinking I was going to be looking at stomach and intestines etc. but then I find a matte of hair and TEETH inside of another person - that sh*t freaks me the # out

edit on 27-5-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Reminds me of The Dark Half by Stephen king.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: thebabyseagull
One of the weirdest as well as most melancholy stories of human deformity is that of Edward Mordake, said to have been heir to one of the noblest peerages in England. He never claimed the title, however, and committed suicide in his twenty-third year. He lived in complete seclusion, refusing the visits even of the members of his own family. He was a young man of fine attainments, a profound scholar, and a musician of rare ability. His figure was remarkable for its grace, and his face — that is to say, his natural face — was that of an Antinous. But upon the back of his head was another face, that of a beautiful girl, ‘lovely as a dream, hideous as a devil’. The female face was a mere mask, ‘occupying only a small portion of the posterior part of the skull, yet exhibiting every sign of intelligence, of a malignant sort, however’.

I thought this only happened in monozygotic twin pregnancies. So would a female parasitic twin in a male even be possible?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
Reminds me of The Dark Half by Stephen king.

They are flying again

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The Mordake story caught my imagination. I just read a different article about it that claimed it was a work of fiction from poet and fiction writer Charles Lotin Hildreth.

Whether it was real or not, Gould and Pyle do appear to have copied Hildreth's Mordake story verbatim, among others. Perhaps they were convinced the earlier account was fact.

Interesting stories though. S&F

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
My second wife had a small tumor in her brain near her pituitary gland. The neurologist had an MRI performed and it was his opinion that the tumor was the tiny remains of a vestigial twin, specifically a tooth. She is still supposed to get an MRI of her brain once a year to check for changes/growth.
She is a real piece of work, has teeth in her brain.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Teratoma's are being diagnosed now more often, due to surgeries and more sophisticated testing. I've seen lots of pictures of them, even has a friend who has one. They typically have teeth and hair.

Unsightly little critters.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Seriously.

Thats crazy.

Hope she ok.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hmmm. Parasitic twins. Kinda like my avatar.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: lowNail

A case of art intimating life.

Got a link ,sounds interesting.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Although an interesting premise concerning Mordrake, it does seem a bit fanciful, especially due to the named doctors not being able to be found or even proven existed at some point. It sounds like story created by someone like Edgar Allan Poe on whatever blog-of-the-day existed at the time. Interesting story though.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/27.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

hoaxes.org...

Sorry, that's the limit of my abilities. Ya'd think I'd have a grip on forum mechanics by now.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

en.wikipedia.org...

Never heard about this before ,thanks.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

images.duckduckgo.com...

Heres his alleged picture.

Some say its a wax work.

This is not conclusive though ,the origins of the picture remain unknown.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

From the article.

Where this wax figure was displayed, or by whom it was created, I'm not sure,

seems a bit inconclusive to me.

Thanks for the link.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: thebabyseagull
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

images.duckduckgo.com...

Heres his alleged picture.

Some say its a wax work.

This is not conclusive though ,the origins of the picture remain unknown.

Anything can be doctored. When was the picture taken? Considering the age of the story, 1895 or earlier, I would have expected possibly a sepia type print. Also, the face on the back was supposed to look female and angelic looks a little troll-like to me.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

join