It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have the solution to the Transgender Bathroom Issue

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
So, after a couple drinks last night, I discovered the end all solution to the bathroom situation plaguing America recently.
It's pretty simple and somewhat cost effective.
Give them their own stall, just like the wheelchair access stall that all public bathrooms should have.
This way, everyone wins.
The transgendered can use any male or female bathroom, and will have a stall, so nobody had to be offended by their presence.

I know that people on both sides of this issue will find something wrong with this idea and I understand.

Yes, wheelchair bound people make up approx. 1% of our population and actually NEED these facilities, while transgenders only make up approx. 0.3% and technically don't need them, but if this has a chance to end all the fuss, why not try it?

Yes, I understand that some may feel this is an offensive, segregation style idea. It is only that if you make it that..
Bathrooms are segregated already, have been for years.. Now, someone who could technically be classified as both male and/or female, or none of the above, can choose whichever facility door they feel they should walk into, without fear or anxiousness of being judged or mocked and the "sis" people in the bathroom don't have to feel threatened or uncomfortable by their presence because they will be in their own stall, minding (and doing)their business in peace and solitude, the way it should be.
Happy Friday. .
Have a great Memorial Day Weekend

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
So, after a couple drinks last night, I discovered the end all solution to the bathroom situation plaguing America recently.
It's pretty simple and somewhat cost effective.
Give them their own stall, just like the wheelchair access stall that all public bathrooms should have.
This way, everyone wins.
The transgendered can use any male or female bathroom, and will have a stall, so nobody had to be offended by their presence.

I know that people on both sides of this issue will find something wrong with this idea and I understand.

Yes, wheelchair bound people make up approx. 1% of our population and actually NEED these facilities, while transgenders only make up approx. 0.3% and technically don't need them, but if this has a chance to end all the fuss, why not try it?

Yes, I understand that some may feel this is an offensive, segregation style idea. It is only that if you make it that..
Bathrooms are segregated already, have been for years.. Now, someone who could technically be classified as both male and/or female, or none of the above, can choose whichever facility door they feel they should walk into, without fear or anxiousness of being judged or mocked and the "sis" people in the bathroom don't have to feel threatened or uncomfortable by their presence because they will be in their own stall, minding (and doing)their business in peace and solitude, the way it should be.
Happy Friday. .
Have a great Memorial Day Weekend

There's no need to build new restrooms, because we already have two types... male and female. There's no reason to bar them from using the one that best suits them.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Put up some porta potties, there is no gender on those.

Festivals are doing great with them.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

Right.
Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting new bathrooms, just a new sticker on one of the stalls.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Bathrooms already have privacy stalls. Plus if the wheelchair stall is empty, it gets used by people that don't need a wheelchair.
A private stall is already a private stall.....

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

I agree.
What I'm proposing, is a 'non' solution to what i feel to be a 'non' issue.
It was meant to be almost sarcastic, but came out a bit more serious because I didn't want to offend people too deeply.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Most bathrooms have stalls already.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
An interesting idea. However, will it:

• Result in "outing" a transgender when they enter/use that stall?
  • Make a non-transgender person feel comfortable being seen emerging from that stall?
  • Create a stall that will rarely be used?
  • Create an environment for severely trans-phobic people to identify and harass or attack someone using that stall?

Frankly, IMO, it's a solution to a non-existent problem. I don't know about you (or anyone else) but I use the restrooms to deposit my waste, wash my hands, and leave. I am not in there to chat or look at others while doing that basic life function. In my long life, I have never one attempted to "peek" at another man's "business" while standing at the urinal. Head up, eyes front, finish, flush, wash, leave.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Here's a radical idea -

P***s' use the Men's Room

V*****s use the Women's Room

I know, I know . . . Crazy, right?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Eyes on your own paper, as it were.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
A solution and a possible investment all in one.
Pay for Posh

www.google.com...< br />
I am willing to bet that this is what they are pushing for. It is as always about getting you to spend your money. If it doesn't take off as planned, look out for the safety cameras strategically placed in each public unit. Safety always trump's privacy.
edit on 27-5-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Fixed link

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Have you seen the bathroom doors with "XX" and "XY" on them?
Good stuff.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It's GENIUS!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Oh , gosh .Now I am reminded of my old post on another thread like this. Long ago and far away in a bathroom stall.....
I gotta ask. Who here ever pays attention to the person next to them ? I might have used a public restroom with Beyonce , Obama , Bin Laden , or the alien from E.T. . And know what ? I would never had known it. I am there for one purpose and one only . Not to socialize , ask my urinal neighbor their statistics , or make them verify their citizenship. I do my business and leave. Period.
Peace.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I would propose an even better more cost effective solution to this whole non-problem.

just put a singular bathroom sign on the rear exit door of any and all buildings. This way we just go and do what needs to be done in the back yard like our ancesters did for a few thousand years.
Don't worry about what sex goes where, it is all just natural biological functions anyway.

Oh, some people will scream and holler about "the perverts watching while we do our business". Let me assure you, speaking as a pervert myself, nothing turns me off quicker than when I see that the hot young lady I have been watching goes just like I do.

This will also help the government keep better tabs on its citizens and maybe they will be content; not just being in our bedrooms, but now watching us using the bathroom.

See! This is a win-win-win solution.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
How about something even more simple?
When you are un-sure how you "Feel" today... Look down.
What plumbing did GOD give you...nuff said.

PS. this is about how one "FEELS", I "feel" poor today so send me money.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Or just maybe everyone stop talking about it. This was a non-issue not long ago and it could be a non-issue again.

But someone has an agenda to push so this BS is all we hear about.

Just ignore it. It will go away to soon be replaced by a new agenda.

Don't play the game.
edit on 5 27 2016 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

Right.
Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting new bathrooms, just a new sticker on one of the stalls.

How will that solve the problem?

The problem most people have is with trans folk (who look like the opposite gender) entering the bathroom itself. "Special stalls" won't solve *that* problem, unless you mean in addition to "Men" and "Women" we have a third facility called "Trans." But then, what about the gays?

So, after a couple drinks last night, I discovered the end all solution

Ah, yes. Solutions to many of the world's greatest crises and most perplexing problems have been "solved" that way.

edit on 27-5-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Restricted

Have you seen the bathroom doors with "XX" and "XY" on them?
Good stuff.

Hey, if you don't know how to identify your own equipment that couldn't be any clearer.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

I love it.
Plus it will stimulate the economy! We can employ "cleaners"
or not, and all the grass will be looking great with the extra fertilizer. It is a win win

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join